Monday, October 12, 2015

it was a beautiful day

 It's Monday night and fifteen minutes til my (self-imposed) bedtime.

I'm fading fast, and my brain cells for the day are all depleted ... I have just enough words left in my head to last through this post and then bedtime prayers, before the only sound I will be able to utter is zzzzzzz.

So I'll keep it short.

Caleb and I took Hayden on a walk through the trails in our neighborhood today.

We saw every color of the rainbow ... it was spectacular.




Rasberry Red ...


Opulant orange ...



Yummalicious yellow ...



...and her cousin, mellow yellow ...



Gorgeous gold ...



Marvelous moss green ...


 


Baby blue ....





Perfectly pink and eye-popping purple ...



... and wrinkly gray. (me, not Caleb.)




It was a beautiful day.


The End.


Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3 comments:

Rebecca Migliore said...

I would like a box of crayons in those colors, please!

Faith Kopp said...

Taking a walk in your neighborhood is what the Japanese refer to as "forest bathing" - short ventures into the woods. They recognize it as spending time in nature and is vital to decreasing blood pressure, heart rate and tension levels. Locally it is called "ecotherapy": improves mood and energy as well as reduces symptoms of depression, improves sleep quality, concentration and immunity. As well as the Vitamin D coming from the sun's rays is essential for keeping your skeleton strong. Just read all this this morning. Now don't you feel better? ;))) I enjoy my walks when I am there and don't even realize the benefits other than spending time with my family.

Actually LOVED ALL the pictures. When we were in CT, NY and NJ this weekend the colors were beginning to change from Friday to Sunday. We were surprised to see how rapidly they had changed.

Love ya all, Grammi/Mom

Cindy said...

Loved this! A beautiful day for a walk!