Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Perspective


I flipped through a magazine this morning and saw: pretty faces with no wrinkles or age spots, toned and tanned bodies that never knew a stretch mark, carefully planned outfits, stain and spit-up free... 


I peeked in on Pinterest and observed : fifty ways to (re)decorate my house, how to plan the perfect dinner party, strategies for getting sexy legs in sixty days, dozens of exotic places I've never had the chance to see.



I gazed out my window just now and noticed: my neighbor's perfectly manicured lawns, flower beds without a hint of weeds, trimmed bushes and tidy trees and not a stray toy to be found anywhere in sight. 



And I thought about my crazy, messy, slightly-un-trendy, definitely-not-sexy, stretched-out, stained, spit-up-on, far-from-exotic little life ... and I looked across the room and smiled.... 



...because I wouldn't change a thing :)

9 comments:

Faith Kopp said...

Perfect!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Faith Kopp said...

Perfect!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Stef said...

Amen! This made me tear up because its such a simple reminder and yet its SO true. And there's nothing wrong with so many of the things you listed, but my heart is wrong when it thinks if it had something different life would be perfect.
I love your blog. Thank you!

mex said...

I hear you!

Anne B. said...

Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21
A beautiful truth by which to set our lives! Thank you for the reminder!!

cara said...

So very true! And totally laughing about the yard. We got a complaint this summer from HOA because our poor yard had dry patches. We are in a drought in CA if they didn't notice. And the funny thing is I began to notice that several of the yards in our neighborhood had dry patches. In fact, most did. Who knows what neighbor complained?Anyways, what they didn't know was that we had been on a vacation for over a couple of weeks. My husband worked hard, and soon we had the greenest grass around while everybody else's got more and more dry. Then we got a couple of more than hefty water bills. Next, the water company was threatening to fine us for using so much water. Anyways, not sure who to please, ha. But Jon and I have always struggled with having a perfect yard because I can't get time out there, and his work schedule and family time. I am sure you can relate. We have hired people to do it, but unless you pay a fortune, it is very basic. Thankfully our boys can do it now, ha!

And I had to learn a long time ago not to compare. I am totally with you. I would much rather take the spit up and constant messes to clean than perfection. :)

Race Bannon said...

You're right, I'm going to try to be less perfect. Try.

Kathy McElhaney said...

Patti,

You may be bombarded with this link: https://gma.yahoo.com/dad-refuses-newborn-son-down-syndrome-221817795--abc-news-parenting.html, but I know you'll be interested.

A sad story for the mother, but one amazing father!

MamaV said...

I wouldn't change anything either. Except... Can I have your tub?