Tuesday, December 3, 2013

houses and batman and ballet, oh my !

It's December…can you believe it ? Fall is officially over here…the last of the leaves have fallen and there is a definite crispness to the air each day. My kids have been counting down the days til Christmas since last July, but I have bravely refrained from putting up anything Christmas-y until after Thanksgiving. I really, really REALLY love Thanksgiving, and I did not want to take away from that holiday by giving it second place in November. (The only nod we gave to the approaching Christmas season was our music…but that's been blaring through the house since July as well, so no biggie there.)

Typically we put our tree up right after Thanksgiving, but this year we decided to postpone it…because as of fifteen minutes ago we thought we were moving into a different house around the corner from us.

I posted a picture on Instagram of this dream house, and we actually started getting ready to pack today. We put an application in for the house (to lease it) last Wednesday, and the property management company called us on Saturday to say that we had been approved. I'm not going to describe the house right now or I'll cry…because for some reason the owner of the house (whom we also met on Wednesday) did not communicate to the property management company that he was still considering selling the house, as opposed to leasing it. My husband talked to the owner tonight and - surprise! - we may not be moving. As of right now we are waiting until Friday for an answer… did someone pray for patience for me recently or something ????

We really would actually like to buy as opposed to leasing something…and maybe that is in the cards for this house. Or maybe not. I have no idea what the future holds, but I do know who holds the future…and that's a very good place to be.

So yeah… I could get really upset and throw a big pity party right now, but you know what ? My life is not wrapped up in houses or things or neighborhoods or….sigh…garden bathtubs . (The dream house has one. My current house doesn't.)

I may be preaching to myself right now as I type, but honestly - honestly - my life is wrapped up in two things - Jesus and people. That's what matters most to me. I have forgiveness in Jesus, and I have a wonderful relationship with Him. And I am surrounded by people I love. I have a house full of the sweetest kids on the planet, and my best friend for a husband - what more could I ask for ? I'm probably sounding sappy, but I really do believe that true happiness lies in those things. And while I am really hoping this house works out, I'm making my mind up to be content no matter what.

And that's not too hard to do when you're surrounded by the people you love.


So we'll keep you posted on The Rice Ranch drama, but in the mean time….


Lily's last ballet class was today.

I took a million videos today on my phone, and instead of setting this compilation to music like I did the other ones, I left the sound on for you… I am so very proud of our little girl, and all that she overcame to take part in this class. She is very shy, and even though she's a ham at home, it takes a bit for her to come out of her shell in public. This class was the perfect place for her to learn how follow directions and join in with her peers, because she was doing something she loves- dancing. I can't even put into words how sweet it was to see Lily progress over the last six weeks, and I know she's going to have an even better time the next class she takes part in.

So here you go...




Happy December !!

17 comments:

mex said...

She is just divine!

Daisy Fuentes Dronen said...

Lilly! You did so great! Xoxo

Daisy Fuentes Dronen said...

Lilly! You did so great! Xoxo

cathy said...

Be still my heart!
So PRECIOUS
I am very proud of Lily!!

Abigail is wonderful, just sayin'

xoxo
cathy

Kathy McElhaney said...

Love this! Amazing progress, Miss Lily!

Praying for your house situation. xo

Kim Matthews said...

She did so good ....... A precious ballerina ( :

Kim Matthews said...

Precious ballerina ( :

Kim Matthews said...

She did so good ....... A precious ballerina ( :

Landreneau Family said...

First, Abigail is such a great big sister!

Second, I am amazed at Lily's progress! She did so, so well!

Third, that little booty leaving the class was just the icing on the cake!

MamaV said...

Dude, I envy Lily's flexibility!

Donna said...

She sure can gallop! Loved every moment, and looks like Lily does also.

lindley said...

Just makes my heart smile!!! Sorry about this whole lesson in patience with your house. But beautiful perspective, friend!

Jo said...

Abi is an amazing big sister.

Crystal Kupper said...

I know a little how you feel. We've been in a British military hotel for a month, waiting for a house. Praying you get the right one.

Jenny said...

This made me smile. Great job Lily! And what a wonderful big sister she has!! Praying for everything to work out with your housing situation.

Faith Kopp said...

Watching through tears and smiling so wide my cheeks hurt. Bless you Abigail Joy, you are the best big sister in the wholewide world. xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

mummalove said...

Oh my stars, the cuteness! x