Monday, November 4, 2013

our little dancer

This morning Lily woke up bright and early - sat up in bed - and said as clear as a bell, "ballet class."

Sam was walking across the room and he stopped in his tracks, jerked his head around and said exactly what I was about to say- "OH MY GOSH !!"

I had been prepping Lily all the night before- "tomorrow you get to go to ballet class!"

But I never expected her to wake up and tell me where she was going.

I don't know if you can appreciate this event, unless you're a special needs mom yourself, or unless you've met Lily. She does not typically pair two words together so easily - and she has never paired those two words together before. But she articulated them SO clearly, there was no doubt what she said.

And the day just got better from there.

Because guess who jumped into class after a little while of watching her big sister Abigail participate ??

If the video is a little shaky, it may be because I was trying to blink back my tears while holding Hayden and pressing record and stop in between each lesson.

And the cherry on top of all of this, was that my mom was here to witness this little miracle.

Behold, our little dancer...








28 comments:

mex said...

Priceless!

cathy said...

Tears of joy!

much, much love

xoxo
cathy

Lindsey Corbin said...

So my sister and I always say that I'm the best big sister ever, but I think I can hand it over to Abigail. What an awesome big sister!! YAY Abigail and Lily!

Lindsey Corbin said...

My sister and I say that I'm the best big sister ever, but I think I can hand it over to Abigail! What an awesome big sister, such a trooper and clearly very proud of her little sister :) Great job girls!

The Bronson Boy's said...

SO sweet!! Thanks for sharing

Danielle said...

sooooooo sweet!! made me cry!!!

Offer KINDNESS. Choose GENEROSITY. Give LOVE! said...

Loved this.
Well don Lily!
Abigail is perhaps a wee angel. What a big sis!
Thanks for sharing!
xox

Glenn said...

WOW!!! After her first lesson, I figured it would be a month before we heard about Lily tapping her toe in class. But WOW!!! Now I figure she will be doing pirouettes on her toes in a month! And GOOOO Abbi!!

Jonana said...

Ok, this is the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time. And Abigail is the best big sister ever!

Jonana said...

Ok, this is the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time. And Abigail is the best big sister ever!

MandeeVK said...

Oh my heart! Tears. And what a beautdul big sister she has!

rosemaryj said...

Just lovely. Made me cry. Abigail is the best sister ever. Lily is amazing. xx

rosemaryj said...

Just lovely. Made me cry. Abigail is the best sister ever. Lily is amazing. xx

Mindy said...

She is precious. Also, I love your new header picture. Fall pics are the best!

Beckey said...

She is so sweet! I'm glad this week went better :)

Beckey said...

She is so sweet! I'm glad this week went better :)

Liz/happymommy said...

That is THE sweetest...way to go sweet Lily!!! And Abigail is THE BEST big sister ever, what a great idea to have her participate to show Lily that it's ok!

Sonya said...

Tears of joy for you!

Gretchen Knuffke said...

Happy day, my friend! Love.

lindley said...

Just beautiful, Patti! Abigail and Lily--heart-warming and beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Kathy McElhaney said...

I smiled through the entire video! Abigail is such a sweetheart. Proud of Liliy for you!

Nicole said...

It was her first lesson ? I thought she had been doing ballet dance for at least a year !

Nicole said...

I can't get enough watching the video !
I love the music too !

flower power momma said...

Joy! This just gives me joy...and okay a few tears too. Blessings.

Tammie said...

Aweeee that was Priceless, she did amazing! She has found her calling! You have all the right to she'd tears and be one proud Momma!

Race Bannon said...

I don't want to jump the gun here, and I'm pretty sure I'm not....Broad-way....call me.

Faith Kopp said...

i was there and still I cry watching the video. Wish I could be there for all the classes.

cara said...

Oh Patti!! This video just melts my heart!!!! She is too precious. And doing SO amazing. I am trying to catch up on all the posts that I have missed recently. This just makes my night. :)