Thursday, November 14, 2013

My Big Fat Pumpkin Patch Post

Welcome to my annual Big Fat Pumpkin Patch Post.

Here's a little peek into Pumpkin Patches Past...




And one more...





And here's this year...




Howz about that for nifty ???


This was our third year attending The Lone Pine pumpkin patch in beautiful Junction City, Oregon. Two years ago we went to Roloff Farms, and we intended to take my mom there this year. In fact, she came all the way from sunny Arizona just to go there. But three days before our "field trip" I happened to check their website, only to discover that they were closed the week of Halloween. A pumpkin patch, closed the week of Halloween ... go figure.

Anyhoot, we decided to return to Lone Pine, because we love their ice cream, and because it is only a twenty minute drive from here. Hayden is NOT one of those babies who loves long car rides, so for me this was a win-win situation. Ice cream plus happy baby equals happy mommy.


One of the fun things we enjoy about this particular pumpkin patch is the hayride out to the patch. We sing Halloween songs the whole way out there, and encourage all the others on the hayride to do the same.





Okay, really - did you just read the words ? Because I don't even know any Halloween songs.

But....we do enjoy the hayride.





And would you believe this is the ONLY picture I have of us picking pumpkins ??





Josiah and Monique had Mackenzie take their Christmas card photo in the pumpkin patch, and by the time they were done we had to get back on board the hayride. Thanks a lot, Jo and Mo. You will get tiny shriveled up gourds in your stocking this year.


;)


Look who loves hayrides, even if he doesn't like van rides....




And if we weren't missing Jason and Naomi and their kids, and Mackenzie (taking the pic) I could have used this for our annual Christmas card photo...




...maybe I will photoshop them in. Stay tuned.


Kenzie loved this guy. I'm not kidding.




Until he tried to bite her fingers off.





The weather was BEE-YOU-TI-FUL that day. Seriously, we could not have asked for better weather- sunshine and warmth and the lightest of breezes in the air.




My favorite part of the whole pumpkin patch experience was the indoor farmer's market....




For the love of gourds !!


But what we REALLY all came for was this...








They serve gigantic scoops at a very reasonable price, and for some reason ice cream just tastes better at a pumpkin patch.

Grammi was very impressed with the corn display...apparently...





Lily didn't seem impressed with anything....




....until she saw the candy display !!!






Mackenzie thought these were pretty cool....





This is me and my gorgeous daughter-in-love. She is three months pregnant (almost four!) in this photo and has the cuuuuutest miniature baby bump. We find out in a few weeks what they are having- I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOP !!!!






Daddy always has the magic touch with Hayden when it comes to naps....





We had such a great day .... can't wait to go again next year !!!





************************



P.S. If you haven't read, we are hosting a Lost Boys Giveaway, featuring a brand new iPad as a prize. Thank you SO MUCH to all who have donated - go HERE to enter if you haven't already !!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Umpqua ice cream and Tillamook ice cream are the best ice creams! And those candies Lily is posing by are my favorite!

Jennifer said...

We love Lone Pine! We actually had Dasha's birthday party there over there over the summer!! Next year we should plan to go the same day!! :) FYI - Dasha and I are going to the "Rat King's Tea Party" Nutcracker performance Dec. 14th at Corvallis HS. Want to join us? Emily will be with Daddy....OR later that afternoon we'll be going to Storybook Land in Albany... :)

Patti said...

Jennifer- Yes, I need to meet up and give you those clothes !! Let me check the dates with Kenzie, as we always go to the Nutcracker and I need to see if she is off work that day. How fun !

Patti said...

Jennifer- Yes, I need to meet up and give you those clothes !! Let me check the dates with Kenzie, as we always go to the Nutcracker and I need to see if she is off work that day. How fun !

Jennifer said...

If you'd like to meet my husband and Emily too - we'll be doing Storybook Land in Albany later that day - or we could grab coffee or something before the Nutcracker too :)

teal915 said...

Great pictures :)

Debby Bacon said...

The best line in this post:
"Jason and Naomi and their kids"
I praise God for the blessing of adoption for Jason and Naomi.
It is such an answer to prayer.
I prayed for Jason and Naomi all year and now I can see how God has answered all those prayers.
I know you are blessed to be the grandmother of such sweet babies.
I loved this posting.

MamaV said...

Looks lovely! And Lily just keeps getting cuter ;-)

Lori said...

so sweet!!! Love you pumpkin posts!!

Faith Kopp said...

Funny, I didn't remember singing Halloween songs. Thought, oh great my memory is really going. Then I read your next comment. AH HA HA

Had such a great time there on the farm. Now I wish I had bought one of those pies. The salad dressing I bought Hope is yummy.