Sunday, October 6, 2013

prayer for Norah

I posted this on Instagram today, but in case you don't follow there, please pray for Norah Jane.



Last night Jason and Naomi took her to ER for a high fever. She had to have a spinal tap and an IV for fluids, as she was dehydrated from diarrhea. The spinal tap came back cloudy, which initially led doctors to believe she has meningitis - either viral or bacterial. She was admitted and has been doing much better since receiving antibiotics and fluids...we're still waiting on results of the spinal tap, because it takes 48 hours for the culture to grow. No news is good news right now as far as the culture grows, because obviously it is not immediately showing signs of bacterial meningitis. Naomi is there with her now- Jason has clinicals tomorrow, as he is entering a nursing program...we have Koa. This has been a very trying 24 hours, and we covet your prayers. Little Norah was a preemie, and she is still only 6 pounds. They had quite a difficult time getting her IV in last night, and it just about broke our hearts seeing her so upset.

So many of you, through IG, have been praying for her- will you continue to do so until she is completely recovered ? And pray for Naomi and Jason as well ? We so appreciate it.

And none of this is about me - but I'm asking for prayer too...my emotions are shot. If there's anything worse than seeing your own kids go through sickness, it's watching your grandkids do so. I just feel so helpless. I'm so thankful for prayer, because it does give me something to "do".

And for some reason I am missing my dad so much tonight. It's been four months today since he died, and some days it just hits me harder than others. I wish he had gotten to meet Norah. And Hayden. And to hear that Monique is pregnant. And I just miss his voice saying "hello, Pa- tree- sha."

I'm crying now, so I'll end...thank you so much for your prayers.

24 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

Praying!!!!

Sonya said...

Praying. and hugs.

Amy said...

Big big hugs and so many prayers for all of you!!!

Becky said...

Praying for you and sweet Nora and your family now. She was a gift from the Lord and He loves and care for her even more than you all could, which is simply amazing! ...I lost my dad two and a half years ago and I know exactly what you mean...grief comes in often unpredictable waves. Sending you a big hug from California!

(Found your site a few months back when it was featured in one of Ann Voskamps's posts.) Blessings, Becky

Jennifer said...

Poor little thing. I think tiny babies in the hospital is about the worst thing ever. Prayers and best wishes for you all!

Joy said...

Praying!! She is so darling!!

cara said...

Oh Patti!!! I am SO sorry! I haven't been on here for a few days, and I feel so disconnected! I will be praying for precious Nora!!! I know how hard this must be for all of you all. Jon and I just prayed together; we will continue to until we hear she is healed. And praying for you too. Love you! xoxo

cara said...

Oh, and this sounds so much like something that happened to Logan as a baby. He was SO sick that they had to put an IV in his head. He was dehydrated. He also had diarrhea. Thy thought he had meningitis, but it ended up being rotavirus. He was in the hospital a few days and got better and better with fluids and waiting it out. It was SO hard. I remember that time well. We did not know if he would make it. I remember sitting in the hospital chair just crying out to the Lord on his behalf. His peace came over me like a flood that night. I was grateful! I know His grace is with you all. Give Jason and Naomi our love too. xoxo

Deborah said...

Praying, Patti.

Heidi D said...

Sending prayers from Australia

nicole said...

Will definitely be praying. Maybe I can talk to you later because my nephew just went through viral spinal meningitis that turned in to encephalitis. It was scary, but he is recovering.

Nina said...

Prayers for all, for physical and emotional healing, peace, comfort and reassurance...God is with you every step of the way!

Jenna said...

praying for you all!

babypelly said...

xoxo

Tracey Lopez said...

Sending prayers for you all and (((Big Hugs)))

Bethany said...

Prayers!! So sorry they have to go through this after all their waiting! May all of you feel His presence very near!!

Elizabeth A. said...

Patti, you don't know me, and we'll probably never meet this side of eternity, but I wanted to let you know that I am praying for your family!

sara said...

Prayers are being sent your way. Please update when you can

Ginny said...

Praying for you, Norah and your son and his wife.
Ginny and Mitchell

Danielle said...

The part about your dad just brought me to tears. :( so sorry for your ache. I can't even imagine losing my daddy. praying now for you.

MamaV said...

My father in law died unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago... I might know a little bit how you feel... And I am definitely praying for little Norah! Keep us updated, okay?

Liz/happymommy said...

How is baby Norah doing?

S Smithtribe said...

Pattie, how is she?

S Smithtribe said...

How is she?