Wednesday, October 9, 2013

(almost) wordless wednesday

It's Wednesday.

I went to get my hair done (thank you, Cassie!) and I am behind on teaching. We have church tonight and I have so much to do.

So consequently, I am sitting at the computer with a bag of milk chocolate chips spilled out on the surface of the desk (easier than daintily trying to retrieve them from the slit in the bag), uploading pictures and listening to my kids bicker over a game in the other room. Someone is banging out a tune on the piano in a made-up key, Hayden is fussing in someone's arms, someone else is yelling that so-and-so is shaking his bootie while he's dancing (only acceptable in family dance videos, not for every day use), someone else ran in to tell me that someone said shut-up (not allowed here)   ...

What can I say?


It's Wednesday.


Mondays start off with great expectations and my list of to-do's is a mile long and I'm pretty good at crossing things off quickly and efficiently. Tuesdays are a little slower, maybe a tad less ambition, but we're still moving in the direction we want to go...

...and then there are Wednesdays.

So I really should get off the computer and go tell so-and-so to stop shaking his bootie and so-and-so to apologize to his sibling and start dinner early so we can be on time to church, and put the chocolate chips away and eat something healthy, and go blow-dry my hair and change Hayden's diaper and put Lily down for a nap.

I'm dying to write a post about thankfulness (Norah is home with Jason and Naomi and I am SO thankful about that) and I have another snarky one that I will probably never write about people who assume so much about your life when really they don't have a clue (I'll text my brother about it instead and he'll send me 14 emails in response that make me laugh so hard I pee my pants) and I have a really belated post about Abigail's birthday and ear piercing experience with lots of funny pictures ...


...but it's Wednesday.



So instead I'll just do an (almost) Wordless Wednesday post because we have church tonight and now Lily needs to be changed too and somebody just reminded me he never did his schoolwork on the computer today because he was the designated babysitter while I was getting my hair done.



So here you go...














deep fried oreos. word.








Happy Wednesday !!

8 comments:

pathsofwrighteousness said...

As a homeschooling mom of {only} 6, I can relate. Totally. :)

Allison said...

Deep fries Oreos?!?!?! That can't be real Patti! No way those possible taste good! They probably belong in the same category as peeps 😘

Allison said...

Wow! I'm glad I posted an entire comment with no typos! 😁

Kelly Marin said...

Haha love it!!

Audra Lay said...

Thank you for that! It means I'm normal or we both aren't normal, but at least I'm not alone! I have great expectations and intentions that don't always happen. Gods grace is enough and I try to remember that and bask in the blessings of now! So thankful and blessed! Love your posts!

Erica said...

As a pastor's wife, our life in the fishbowl is hard. Too many people think they can tell us how to live our lives better. I am still trying to ignore the untrue rumors and snarky comments about me that fly around our small community and just know that I am doing my best for the Lord.

Mariah said...

Sounds like my Wednesdays. And I only have one cat left at home. I'm thinking those chocolate chips on our desks are one of the many rewards of motherhood, by the way. Empty nest or full nest, those chocolate chips are necessary sustenance.

Faith Kopp said...

OMGoodness, I need to stop telling Jada and Grace that their cousins never fight, tattle or dance inappropriately. Who can I hold up as good examples of proper behavior? OH I know, my own children and how perfectly they behaved. Or maybe how my siblings and I behaved. ;)