Monday, September 23, 2013

Liebster Night


I was just getting ready to start this post, when a blogging friend left a comment saying she gave me this...

Megan, who writes over at Girl Meets Camera, gave me this Leibster Award. So I just went over to her blog to read what a Leibster is. (I would not have been surprised if it meant someone who eats large amounts of chocolate...because I certainly deserve an award for that.)
But apparently liebster means dearest in German. Isn't that sweet ? 
 So I'm supposed to answer the questions Megan left on her blog, and then pass the award to some other bloggers I love dearly as well. It sounds like a fun way to share some blog love, and I was stumped for what to write about tonight anyway....so thanks, Megan, for the award ... you are pretty liebster yourself. 
Liebster, liebster, liebster.
I just really like the sound of that word.

Okay, moving on - here are Megan's questions, and my answers. I put on a ball gown and smiled really big while I was typing the answers, because isn't that what people do when they're presented with awards ? Please picture me wearing a tiara and a ball gown while you read  my answers.

1. What is your favorite blog post you have written?
I have a few... Enough is one I always go back to. It was very therapeutic for me to write. The Big Picture was another. And even though I've come a long way since writing it - I Had a Dream. Because I can still read it and know exactly how I felt and what I was thinking when I wrote it.  
2. If you could have any profession what would it be?
A mommy. I really am living my dream.
3. What are 3 blogs you read every day?
Yikes. I wish I had time to read three every day ! If I did, they would be Everything and Nothing From Essex, A Baby Sent From the Stars, and Race For Justice (my brother's blog.). Tons more I could add to that list!
4. Do you like breakfast for dinner?
Sure. But I like dinner for dinner better.
5. Do you schedule blog posts?
No. 
6. What is your favorite song at the moment?
I Get To Be the One, by JJ Heller
7. Any advice for someone wanting to start a blog?
Write for yourself and be yourself. Stay true to your convictions even if they're not popular. Delete rude comments :) 
8. Do you consider yourself crafty?
Well, I love to scrapbook. Does that count ?
9. What inspires your blog posts?
My family. My faith. I love to write, and I've always loved to write. It's how I process things.
10. Why did you choose your blog’s name?
When I was pregnant with Lily, before we knew she was a girl, this blog was called Waiting For You. When we found out she was a girl through ultrasound, I changed the name to Waiting For Lily. When she was born, I wanted something to reflect my feelings for her...my husband actually picked the name when we were staying at the Ronald McDonald House in Portland next to OHSU where Lily was in the NICU. I was writing the post to announce her birth, crying...because things were so crazy at that point. Sam and I were looking at a picture of her on his phone, and he said she was perfect...and that I should call the blog A Perfect Lily.
11. What are some of your favorite things to do?
Read. Write. Scrapbook. Play piano. Give birth. Nurse my babies. Attend births. Play with  my kids. Play piano. Talk to my husband. Go to church. Share my faith. Listen to music. Cook. Discover new recipes. Talk to friends on the phone. Take pictures of my kids. Edit photos. Talk to my kids. Hold my grandbabies. Blog. Go camping. Learn. Learn. Learn. Eat ice cream. Eat chocolate. Say liebster. The End.

I shall share with you a little liebster Lily before I nominate some liebster blogging friends....



And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for...

Drumroll, please....

I present the golden teal colored Liebster Award to....

and also to the three blogs I mentioned above in question #3.


Bloggers, here are your questions...
1. What's the last great book you read
2. Who would you most love to meet from blogland (don't say Lily, because we all know she's at the top of everyone's list.)
3. What's your favorite go-to recipe for company 
4. What's your favorite blog post that you've written
5. How many blogs do you read a week? Name a few..
6. What do you hope people take away from your blog?
7. What's your favorite ice cream flavor 
8. If today was your last day alive, what five things would you make sure to do
9. What bugs you about other people's blogs 
10. Do you actually read my blog, or just skim it for the pictures? I really want to know.


Okay, there you have it - go to it, you liebsters !!!

11 comments:

Megan Wade said...

Yay! I'm so glad you joined in on this. I do love your blog and your family and may have started following along with their blogs and Instagrams. I never knew your blog before it was A Perfect Lily but I did find it while I was at the Ronald McDonald House with my own baby in the NICU in Alabama.

Race Bannon said...

Nice pictures...

Race Bannon said...

Video: I just don't get this modern dance stuff...

WomanHonorThyself said...

your lil one is so precious..Bless you all:)

Rochelle said...

Thank you for the love. I will get busy on it this week.

Mary said...

I start with the pictures, but always read the posts. I love your writing and honesty.

C, A, and girls said...

I had to comment on the JJ Heller song! The first time I heard "I get to be the one" I was in Ukraine and it was the night before my daughter's gotcha day, which was also her first birthday. It takes on a whole new meaning when you know that even though your child is a year old, "her eyes have never seen the sun". And that her parents were told she would never walk, talk, or communicate, and to hear the words "how to crawl, how to walk, how to run". All of which she does now. Quickly. And with sass. It's the song we used for her baby dedication. It doesn't matter how many times I hear it, I never make it through without tears.

Patti said...

C,A and girls - I LOVE that! Thank you for sharing !

Deanna said...

I am SO horrible on following up on these awards....but I will try try try! Thanks for the honor. (-: Love all your answers. I'm glad I've gotten to know you!

Megan R. said...

"Say Liebster." Love it!
You're so cute Patti!

Ashley said...

I knew I wouldn't win that award from you. The only award I should win from anyone at the moment is "The biggest blogging slacker of the year" haha