Monday, August 19, 2013

monday madness

Today is Monday which means....

a) I'm drowning in weekend laundry (because I rarely do it on Sunday)

b) I have to go grocery shopping. Colossal task for this family.

c) It's 1:30 and I'm still in my pj's because.....

d) I always move more slowly on Mondays.




SO naturally, rather than tackling my laundry and grocery shopping, I decided to....


a) download a new app on my phone called flipagram and make a little collage (posted below)

b) text several friends complaining about how I loathe grocery shopping and have no inspiration for dinners

c) stay in my pj's to save on laundry- I'll just put them on again in a few hours, why change ?

d) drink another cup of tea and eat a few pieces of chocolate. You don't understand. I had to.


Only I'm thinking my family really needs to eat this week, and my husband gets upset when he doesn't have clean chonies (that's underwear for all you gringos), and also I don't want to scare everyone at Trader Joe's and Winco by parading around in my pj's. So I should probably get dressed and get moving.

But only after I share a little sneak preview of our weekend (more photos -- and words !! -- to come when Mackenzie gets back from the east coast with all the pictures she took on her nice camera)...



guess who ????

can't wait to share more pics !!



And here are a few photos on my phone that I'm adding to this post in the spirit of moving towards a family blog...


Jonathan and friend


grainy phone pic of the three "little" middle kids, Noah, Jack and Abigail. Daddy took them to Applebees after church last night.


look at this little smile- Hayden at three months...have you ever seen anything cuter ?!?!




Here's the app I was talking about - it's called flipagram and you can get it on your phone...it allows you to put your instagram pictures in a quick little video. You can add a song from your itunes list as well - lots of fun !










And here is the Lilybird with her morning chant for cheerios...adding her favorite word in at the end - GOSH !! NO GOSH !!!











One more thing - a big THANK YOU for all the sweet comments on my last post- so glad y'all are sticking with us at the Rice Ranch !






Happy Monday :)

10 comments:

HWeber48 said...

Who wouldn't want to see the rest of your cuties? I think it's a great idea to combine the two. I mean, you're not busy or anything, are you? I ONLY have five children 27 down to 11 and I gotta give you credit. It's hard but it's so worth it. :)

Melissa said...

The 1st and second pics look like Mia Cox actually. Your kiddos are all adorable:)

Beckey said...

Everyone needs a jammie day sometimes :)

Faith Kopp said...

Watching Hayden grow inutero was fun. Gosh Lils, cannot wait to see you again.

Rochelle said...

You got to meet the Cox family! YIPPEE!

Catherine Graybosch said...

I am so glad you are continuing with the blog!! I do love to see Lily (especially the videos!) but I think it will be great to add the whole family.

Michelle Z said...

Oh that growing Hayden video! LOVE IT! And his smile :)

SO HAPPY you met the Cox family!! :) :)

my family said...

Im jealous Mia is so big!

Jen said...

I am new here. Found you through Ann (without an e) I just love your blog and all of your adorable kiddos! Thanks for taking us on this photo journey of your loves eternals. Your newest follower, Jen

Abbi rice said...

That video of lily is so so funny, seriously i cannot stop watching it!!