Monday, July 22, 2013

monday madness

We are headed to Albany to do some second hand shopping. 'Cuz we're all about buy used and save the difference, dontcha know ...(name that family ??)

This is my favorite kind of post to do, because I can just post pictures and throw random thoughts along with them and call it good. It might be noted that I always receive the least amount of comments on these kind of posts, so it's possible that these are not your favorite kinds of posts to read. That's okay, I forgive you. You can toss a few tomatoes at your own computer screen and I won't mind. Just remember I'll be back later with something much more meaningful to say.

Meanwhile....










Lily loves coffee.

Okay, it's not really coffee, but she thinks it is, and she loves it. Actually, what she loves is the whole experience of going to Coffee Culture where her big sissy works, and getting her own cup with her name on it and a treat in a bag. Yesterday this event took place before church, and little sister marched into the foyer with her (fake) mocha in one hand and cookie in the other, rockin' her peach gladiators like a boss. Sista gots style and culture.




Next on my list of randomness:









...Hayden hates his new bathtub.

 He did fine previously with the dunk-in-the-sink method, but going solo in a tubful of bubbles is not his cup of tea. Still, he looks so adorable crying that I am not above telling him to "hold that pout" while I snap a photo for memory sake. I love pouting babies !





And also...


...I love happy babies.


I love happy sleeping toddlers cozied up to happy babies.


Happy curious toddlers cozying up to happy breakable babies, not so much.


Lily has suddenly decided she is in love with her baby brother, and as a result I spend every waking moment making sure she is displaying her affection safely. The first time I caught her trying to roll him onto her lap was cute...the third fourth and fifth time I had to rescue him from her precarious grasp, I realized it was a good thing she just now decided she likes him. Apparently those first two months of tolerance on her part were a blessing from God, because I didn't have to keep my eyes glued to Hayden 24/7. Needless to say, I am wishing that old saying about mothers having eyes in the back of their heads was true. As I don't foresee that coming to pass any time soon, I am praying a hedge of protection around the littlest member of our family. Heck, make it a thick cement wall, Lord :)



And finally...




My girls are beautiful. I look at pictures of them and it just hits me what a gift I've been given. I have eight wonderful sons and three stunning daughters. Eleven kids - wowzers. And the thing is, they just keep getting cuter and cuter with every baby, so why stop now ?


(I will know if you're really reading the words in five, four, three, two....)







































okay, you passed the test. I'm not pregnant.




But stay tuned !!!





;)

20 comments:

Danielle said...

Hmmm... So I suppose I shouldn't be the one to point out that... If Jason and Josiah were your first kids... And your kids just keep getting cuter... Does that mean they're you're ugliest?!? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :)

vaneelynn26 said...

I love these kinds of posts just as much as your "meaningful" ones! Love this blog and your amazing family! I just had my first baby two months ago and always said that I only wanted three. But reading about your family (and seeing your Instagram pictures) makes me want a bunch! :)

CourtneyD said...

I love these post just as much as the others

CourtneyD said...

I love these post just as much as the others now it's time to add to the crew

cathy said...

too funny!

xoxo
cathy

Kelly Marin said...

hahahahah this post made my day.

Naomi said...

Patti don't scare everyone like that!!!!! Sheesh!!!!! ;)

MamaV said...

These posts might be my favorites...
Your daughters all look the same! It's like big, medium, and small sized beautiful cuteness. And Lily looks adorable with her hair up drinking her "coffee". Love it.

Amy P. said...

Lily looks tiny with Kennzie holding her. In the pics by herself she doesn't look this small. I am in love with her regardless though.

Queen Zara said...

This was a great post~anything to do with thrift store shopping AND cute babies is the duck's guts!

Faith Kopp said...

As usual love all the pictures. Love, Mom/Grammi

my family said...

haha, i totally read them, randomness is my middle name....ummm maybe not but it sure is the only way I function and think....my poor husband asks me mid conversation to finish my sentence bc I get side tracked.oh well:)

eliz said...

I love these kinds of posts! And I love writing them too! (((HUGS)))

Judee Albert said...

You are too funny! I say keep those cute babies coming, momma!

cara said...

I could NEVER throw tomatoes at all this cuteness!!!! Thankful for posts like these as well as all of them.

James is in the same situation here with all of the girls smothering him constantly. Not so much Benji. Benji likes to take his paci out of his mouth, go get him a blanket, etc. :) But Mary, our five year old, thinks she is his mom. I know the feeling of never taking my eyes off of a baby. She is wonderful with him, but still too little to actually be carrying him around, etc. And I have the solution for you. Get a new puppy!! We recently added a precious Jack Russell to the mix. Suddenly all hands are off James and onto the puppy. Okay, not really a great solution because now all eyes have to be on the puppy, ha.

Love the picture with all three of your girls. They are beautiful!!! xoxo

Jessica said...

Awe!I love these kinds of posts. I am just not a coherent commenter... :(

Anyway, One day I hope to run into you when you are out and about. I once saw Mo&Jo at Goodwill in your town. However, that was in the day of coming into C-town at least twice a week no matter what (medical purposes). Now most of my towning is actually Eugene.

And like I said about comments...:/

Gretchen Knuffke said...

Love you, Patti!

Monique said...

I love your blog and seeing all your amazing pictures. :-)

Bethany said...

Just have to comment and give my baby bathing method ...although the crying baby does look awfully cut... :) As soon as the cord comes off, my babies get laid on their back in the big tub with 2 Or 3 inches of water for their bath! No hanging on to slippery, wiggley babies. Be prepared for much kicking and splashing!! :) They have all LOVED bath time!

Tammie said...

What a beautiful photo of your girls.