Tuesday, July 16, 2013

It's all his fault...




...this little guy's, I mean ....




....if you've emailed me since he was born and I didn't respond, he's why. And if you left an important question in the comment section and I didn't write back - blame it on Hayden as well.


I am completely behind on thank you notes, emails, birthday presents (but any of my out of town relatives will tell you that is nothing new !!) and it's ALL Hayden's fault. I mean, look at that adorable smile and those cuddly little arms - would you be able to resist spending all day holding him ?? I admit it - he's the most spoiled Rice baby to date. He absolutely does NOT want to be put down for a minute, and if he is in my arms he is a completely happy baby. The photo above was taken during one of those rare moments where he was happy out of my arms, but immediately after I took it, he actually jumped right onto my chest and glued himself to me. He's amazing like that. I'm calling these past two months "the fourth trimester" because he does not understand that he's not physically attached to me anymore...I am literally carrying him an additional trimester right now.


Sooooo, all of that to say - if you have emailed me or left a comment that I was supposed to respond to, it is NOT that I haven't read either one - I've just been a flake about getting on the computer and typing out a response. I promise you I read every comment and email and I mentally comment or email you back... I'm just not as good as doing so in real life, and I lay the blame entirely on Hayden. He said I could do that.

In fact, at the moment he is yelling at me to get off the computer and resume our 24/7 bonding session immediately.

Peace out....



xo Patti

13 comments:

Crystal Kupper said...

I've had 3 babies like that! One is currently nursing while I type this out one-handed. :-)

Melissa said...

He will be better for it in the long run. Now that I'm in my 40's and it's too late, I wish that I'd had more time to spend with them when they were little. Enjoy this time. As you know it's fleeting.

cara said...

James is the same way. He just wants to be held ALL day long!! He is a happy baby, but very happy in our arms that is. :) He is now five months, and it has gotten better where he will go on his play gym for a bit or in the pack-n-play. But mostly, he just wants to be held and snuggled and kissed. I blame these spoiled ones on all my other kiddos. They won't stop holding him either. SO, he never gets a break. And I am happy holding him all day long too. Although, we just added the most adorable Jack Russell puppy to the mix, and they are enamored. Poor James thinks he is chopped liver for the time being. But I get him more to myself. :)

Anyways, you have had SO much going on these last few months not even adding the fact that Hayden is baby # 11, so I am sure everyone will be more than understanding. xoxo

Lora said...

Ha ha! I know that feeling! Never wanted to put any of my babies down! Remember my question way back? It had to do with how in the world do you get your floors so shiny?? :-)

eliz said...

who could resist that smile!! CUTE!! My last baby was a huge surprise at 47, and he is 9 now. We are still inseparable - ha! ha! He was my only child, that if I lay down- he laid on top of me- in fact at my daughter's graves- crying one day, I laid on the ground in despair when he was 4, he ran over and laid on top of me! LOL!! He made me cry and laugh at the same time! He also was my only child to run TO me as a toddler when I told him no-no! The others ran away from me! I love-love-love our special bond- even now. He's my guy! God is so good! (((HUGS)))

Race Bannon said...

Yah, but did you get those winning lottery numbers I sent you? You know that we know them, right?

Patti said...

Race...cr@p I deleted them.



Haha

teal915 said...

Completely understandable : )

Jennifer said...

How could you resist that smile? He is so adorable.

Race Bannon said...

Don't worry, the NSA saves all deleted emails. Er, so I've heard...

Judee Albert said...

You hold him just as long as you want to, momma!

Blessings,

Judee in Iowa

Rochelle said...

He is WAY more important than any email. Go bond and enjoy, you know how fast they grow. Love you!

Sonya said...

Great. Now his photo is making me not getting anything done too! : ) He is so cute! Enjoy it.