Friday, July 19, 2013

a baby sent from the stars

This post is one of the most important blog posts I've shared to date. I'm not saying that lightly - if you've never taken the time to watch a video I've posted here, I'm asking you to watch this one.

As many of you have read here before, my oldest son Jason and his wife Naomi are in the process of adopting through foster care. Thanks to the prayers of many, many readers, friends and loved ones, Baby K will officially be a part of their family this year...I say officially, because he's been a part of our families from day one.

Last year Jason and Naomi completed a homestudy through an adoption agency in Portland and joined their waiting pool. They have had two failed adoptions, meaning the birth mothers chose to parent rather than choose adoption for their babies. While we rejoice that these babies are lovingly being raised by their birth moms, there's no getting around the fact that our hearts were a little bit...okay a lot...torn in the process. Adoption can be a rocky road for sure, but we know that when it happens - when Jason and Naomi find their baby sent from the stars - it will all make sense. When they hold that baby in their arms they'll know - you're the one we were waiting for.


This adoption video tells their story...I'm asking readers to pray for Jason and Naomi in their journey to adoption. Please feel free to share this video as well, whether that's on your blog or your FB page or wherever. If you know of a mom or couple seeking a wonderful family to raise their baby, I can't think of a better one than Jason and Naomi.





Jason & Naomi from J.A.M. Media on Vimeo.

10 comments:

John & Lorna said...

Gosh that's a lovely video Patti. Your son and daughter in law are marvellous young people. I really hope they have their new addition to their family v. soon. I am in Ireland so sharing the video here wouldn't result in an inter country adoption (v. v. Few Irish babies are put up for adoption nowadays). I will keep J and M in my thoughts and prayers in the months ahead.

Lorna xx

John & Lorna said...

Gosh that's a lovely video Patti. Your son and daughter in law are marvellous young people. I really hope they have their new addition to their family v. soon. I am in Ireland so sharing the video here wouldn't result in an inter country adoption (v. v. Few Irish babies are put up for adoption nowadays). I will keep J and M in my thoughts and prayers in the months ahead.

Lorna xx

Megan Reinbold said...

Prayers for sure! <3

Mandy Campbell said...

I absolutely love this video:) I'm an Instagram follower;)! My husband I adopted our daughter almost ten years ago! In May 2002 we were married 5 days after I graduated HS and in August of 2003 our beautiful daughter was placed in our arms by her birth mother! This also made us the youngest adoptive parents in the US. Wishing them nothing but the best on this journey!!!!

eruska said...

I was also born on 6th of July. :)

on the video: Really hope, that your life will be as happy, as you would like it to be. Such a great family, amazing.

Lots of love, from the (really) other side of the world.

E. from Hungary/Budapest

(+ I adore Lily. couldn't be any cuter.)

Pink Slippers said...

Love the video. Delilah shared it with me. And I will share it on my blog. Blessings to them.

Wendy
Mommy to 10!

Amy P. said...

I can't get the video to play on my android. It's about to drive me crazy because I really really want to see it!!!

cathy said...

Genuine love

xoxo
cathy

cara said...

LOVE watching this!! Very sweet!

Well, you know I am praying. I will also make sure I recommend this beautiful couple to anyone I know looking to find a couple to adopt their baby. :)xoxo

Naomi said...

Thanks for sharing Patti!!!!! And thanks to all the followers who share :)