Monday, April 8, 2013

monday miscellany

It's Monday.

Which means I have a pile of weekend laundry waiting for me and a pile of children to teach.

So this post will be short sweet and hard to beat. Although there will be just a few words to read, it is full of photos of Lily...which is what you came to see anyway, right??

Kenz snapped two pics of us before church last night, and I look as exhausted as I felt in both of them. And Lily is looking away from the camera in one and the other is blurry. BUT ....





...I still think they're sweet. We're not a professional blog here, so who cares. Think of us as a kid-friendly restaurant, no fancy waiters or linens, and you can throw peanuts on the floor if you like. Make yourself at home.





Don't let that little baby above fool you ^^^^.   He/she is a Monster Baby. Able to kick ribs and pelvic bones into pieces and force Mommy to the ground with one punch. Either I have a boy who is all boy or a girl who will keep her seven brothers in line from birth.


And here's an iPhone pic that turned out nicely...crazy how sometimes iPhones can take better pics than Kenzie's very expensive camera. Next year I'm hoping they come out with an iPhone that folds your laundry and cleans your toilet. Where is Bill Gates when I need him ???




Or was it Steve Jobs? Sorry iPhone snobs. I'm not up on all the details of technology and who invented it all. But if you could let one of the CEO's know they could make bank on an iPhone that folds your laundry, I would greatly appreciate it.

Another iPhone photo Mackenzie took....


Look at those eyes. WOULD YOU LOOK AT HER ??? I wuv her.



And if you haven't been following us on Instagram, you are missing out on some really cute pictures...


Lastly, my friend Katrina sent me an email asking for readers for prayer. Katrina and I met through blogging several years ago - she and her husband were in the process of adopting Natasha from Russia and were so close to bringing her home. They had already met her and were preparing to travel again when the ban on Russian adoptions became law. I have so many friends in the adoption community who faced the same situation- my heart breaks for theses families who spent months and sometimes years, not to mention multiplied thousands of dollars to bring their children home.

Here is Katrina's email- please join with us in prayer and fasting for these families and children...


Please join our family next Sunday to fast/pray for a meeting that will be discussing the adoption ban between the US and Russian Governments. Please share this event. I would love for at least 2,000 people to be fasting/praying for these children on that day. Our Family Needs a Miracle. https://www.facebook.com/events/497945113605438/?context=create



And really lastly...a little video to brighten your day.

Our future drummer...



Have a wonderful Monday,

Patti

7 comments:

cara said...

You and Lily look BEAUTIFUL!!

Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by the Russian ban on adoption that I just do not think. It helps to have specific things to pray for and do on behalf of this. My heart is breaking for all of these kiddos and families. But I do know that we serve the God of the impossible and He makes all things new. Praying.

Lily is the most precious, little drummer I have seen. :)

Mrs. K said...

This is no joke: whenever I dream I am visiting you I am folding clothes and the kids keep knocking the piles over and I have to refold them. NOT FUNNY!! I wake up swearing I will never help you with laundry again. Such fond memories. hahahahaha

The Kadel Kids said...

Hi,love all the photos. I have been trying to follow you on Instagram but everytime I go to your page its just blank. My username is netluvsteve.hopefully we can get it fixed.love seeing all your photos.
thanks Jeanette kadel

Katrina said...

I love seeing new pictures of Lily. They brighten my day. Thank you so much for sharing our fast/pray event. We are holding onto hope that one day we will be allowed to adopt our sweet Natasha.

Thanks to all your readers who joined our cause.

Katrina
www.operationorphannomore.blogspot.com

Lori said...

I am pretty convinced that the Monday Laundry blues are something that a lot of moms experience....me included :) I also have the Thursday Laundry blues...what about you? Love the drummer...she's got some rhythm...which is also evident in her dancing ;)

Jane George said...

i wuv her 2!!!!! i think you look amazing, if that's what your tired looks like then can i have a bit more tired! (God I'm only joking!) will be joining you all for the fast and prayers, God please change this situation and all the hard hearts both at home and overseas! love and hugs Patti xxxxx

Race Bannon said...

Did I ever tell you 'bout the time I threw the peanut shells on the floor of Five Guys, and they were all, "We don't do that here sir, we just haven't had time to clean up." Sorry, my bad...