Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Lily Anne...the movie

I'm just a little freaking excited right now.

Okay, a lot.

I have wanted forever to be able to consolidate our photos and video clips into mini-movies for our family to enjoy as keepsakes. I tried onetruemedia for awhile, but it has limitations. I bought a cheesy video maker thingy right after my North Pole Party...they charged my account three times, and the charges went to some town in France. I did get the thing downloaded, but I had no option to stop or start the video or music- so if I posted it here people started hearing music and watching the movie whether they wanted to or not. Lame-o.

We have a Mac and for weeks I've been begging Sam to find the cd from Apple he had hidden somewhere in his office so we could install iMovie...dontcha just love how you can't just upgrade to the best version of whatever you need for your computer? You have to make sure you have Kitten or Cat or something, then Lion, then Snow Leopard, then Snow Leopard 3797x I think, then Raging Cougar, then FINALLLLLLY you can upgrade to Mountain Lion. And then you can install iMovie and take four hours to figure out how it works.

And then prepare the movie for exporting, which takes an hour and then upload to youtube which takes half an hour.

And after all of that you have this beautiful little video which lasts a total of 3 minutes and 44 seconds.

BUT.....it is the sweetest thing I've ever made and it was worth every minute I invested. And now that I know how to do it all and have the software to do it, I will be overwhelming my blogs with video collages from The Rice Ranch. Consider yourself warned.

For now, here is a little flashback of Lily when she was between 20 and 24 months old. I miss my baby !!



p.s. you can click on expand to make it full screen. You can also grab some popcorn and turn off the lights so you can feel like it's a real movie if you want.




28 comments:

Ashley said...

So precious! I can't wait to see more movies :)

Line-Marie said...

Wow! Great job on the movie! It's perfect! She is beautiful!! I love Lily!!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Makes my heart sing to watch your sweet Lilybird.

Maria said...

Beautiful, Patti. Great job! I wish I could do something like that
but I am so computer illerate. One day I'll learn...lol.

Mrs. K said...

Oh ever so precious. I am crying 'cause our baby Lils is growing up. Sprinkle pixie dust on her and keep her our baby forever. Loved the video and the music. Looking forward to more and more.

Kiara Buechler said...

I love this video! The program is really cool.

Niks said...

I use Roxio media creator and it is a pretty user friendly program that makes turning pics into movies pretty easy and offers export in a large range of formats. Might be worth a look. It cost me $75 but was well worth it in my opinion.

Sonya said...

Thanks for taking the time to share. We love seeing your family and how you love each other.

Amber T said...

Oh I love this so much!!!

Lora said...

Loved it!! I would love to try this myself!! Side note: totally unrelated but how do you get your floors so shiny??? I'm guessing that's your old home as i remember that shiny tile before in older videos. :-)

Erin Beaudette said...

I love it! It is so sweet to see Lily grow and change. Your family is beautiful, you are so blessed. Sending love from Montana xxoo.

Cindy said...

That was worth everything you went through to make it! Absolutely priceless.

My Little Wonders said...

I love the video Patti! Miss K watched it too and said it would be fun to play with Lily. :) (Then my oldest asked where you all live and said we should take a drive up the coast and go see you all seeing as you all homeschool too. ;) )

Naomi said...

Love it! Koa's theme song!!

John & Lorna said...

Ah the film is lovely - well done!! I have lots of videos on my iPhone from years ago that I won't delete to gain space even though they are saved onto disks and the laptop. I love taking a trip down memory lane to hear my daughter Bláthnaid's baby voice.

Best wishes to all.


Lorna x

Melissa Buirchell said...

Absolutely loved this! Lily is just too precious for words xxx

Donna said...

Love the movie! Precious.

cara said...

Oh Patti!!! I think we are as thrilled as you here because we get to hopefully watch these on a regular basis now! That was PERFECT! I need to figure out how to do these.

Mary kept looking at me and smiling every time Lily did something cute, which was every second. I cannot wait to show Benji and the other kiddos. Thank you for sharing. xoxo

Pam said...

Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest movie ever. You did a beautiful job making it Patti! I would love to make one of Ally because she is growing up so fast.

Wish we lived closer to each other...Ally would love,love little Miss.Lily.

She is absolutely a doll :)

miss s said...

What a little beauty! They are all lovely children x

Lori said...

You did a great job!!! So so sweet!!

Becca said...

Ahhhh, Patti, you're killin' me!!!!!!!! That. Was. PRECIOUS. Absolutely *perfect.* <3

Danielle said...

O Patti~ I love her so much she makes my heart ache! This video is a priceless treasure!!! I cant believe how much shes changed. Such a doll. Seriously every time she comes up to me at church I feel honored that she loves me. I cant stand not to pick her up when she puts her arms out. Seriously can I just have her?!?

Katrina said...

Love this video!! And congrats on figuring out how to do it! I have a Mac, too, and am dying to use iMovie. But...the time it takes to figure it all out?!!! I'm just tempted to go into the Mac store and take one of those one-on-one classes. Just sit with me and show me how it's done. I don't want to figure it out on my own!! LOL

eliz said...

I'm speechless. I'm crying tears of love and joy! Lily you are amazing! My MA is 56 and has lived with me 26 years now. I never knew her as a baby- but I bet you she was every bit as perfect as Lily! Because she grew up to ride the bus independently, live on her own for 6 years, write checks, and read- read-read before she retired! (((HUGS)))

Mdeel said...

I just found your blog for the first time...your daughter is so beautiful! Our first son, Rowan who was diagnosed with Down syndrome shortly after birth is 8 months old and what a joy and blessing he has brought to us. Aren't they just our angels here on Earth? :) With innocent souls they will be saved.

Leah McMahan said...

Dear Patti, Some days when the differences can be so hard to bear, when I long to hear my little girl call my name, or say any words at all. When the obstacles are overwhelming, and I've spent all my time home chasing her out of one trouble after another, you and Lily have been a beacon of light, reminding me that only time will tell my Aily's true potential, and reminding me to savor every babbling smile and slobbery kiss. So, Thank you, and Lily, and your family, for sharing with us.

Adrienne Williamson said...

Oh my, Patti- you caught me on a particularly weepy day as it is Wes' first birthday. This video is beyond precious! I love Lily!