Thursday, March 21, 2013

Baby Emma Update

I'm copying and pasting my sweet friend Jessie's email here...there are some people whom you've never met "in real life" who nevertheless leave a mark on your heart forever.

Jessie, if you're reading this - you and Tim are those people.

I'm honored to have had you share your heart with me, and I wish I had words to make everything better. I know that if we don't meet on this side of Heaven, you'll be one of the first people I seek out when we get there... you and your beautiful and perfect daughter, Emma.


***************************

Dear Patti,


  We welcomed our precious baby Emma into the world on Wednesday, March 20th, at 6:21 AM. We had her for 26 precious minutes before she passed from this world into the next. She was and is beautiful, with big blue eyes, fuzzy blond hair, and a button nose. She is our miracle baby whom we love and waited so long for. The miracle and gift of Emma's life is beyond all words. Tim and I are eternally grateful for those 26 precious minutes that we were able to hold her for before she went to be with God. We thank God for allowing us those 26 minutes, minutes we didn't even know we would have.

We sang to her, rocked her, and kissed her a million times. I whispered in her ear how much she is loved by us and by God. Emma knew only love while she was here on earth and that is what she taught us. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things and that is what Emma has eternally imparted and imprinted on our hearts.

Tim and I are overwhelmed by the outpouring of love that we have received from you, your family, and all of Lily's readers. We thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for all of your prayers and love and support.  We absolutely believe in the power of prayer and in the miracle that we have experienced. Emma's time on earth was too short for our human hearts, but we know that we have been given a gift of a lifetime and rest in the hope that we will one day be reunited with Emma again.

  Thank you for walking with us on this journey, one that we could not have done alone. We will be receiving pictures shortly and as soon as we receive them, I will be sending them to you. Thank you, Patti, for all you have and continue to do. We are forever grateful to you, your family, and all of Lily's readers.

With Much Love,
-Jessie

5 comments:

Mrs. K said...

My heart is breaking for Jessie and Tim. I am praying God's strenght will be with them always.

Holly said...

Emma's family - you will continue to be in our prayers. May you feel of Gos's love at this time.

Bethany said...

Words seem empty and trivial at a time like this. I can only let the tears roll and wonder "why?" You see, my little one kicking and rolling inside is due March 27. I don't pretend to understand why God chooses some to have "Emma" stories and some to have problem free pregnancies ending with healthy babies. The only thing I know for sure is that God IS love, and His ways are beyond my small mind!

teal915 said...

So sorry for their loss, but I'm glad that they know The Lord. I often wonder how people who don't know The Lord can make it through things like this. If they are interested, you can pass onto them about Wendy Hagen. Her daughter had trisomy 13 and lived 4 days. Wendy has a blog, wrote a book, travels and does public speaking, and she's a Christian. Here's her blog page about their baby girl Faith: http://hagenhoopla.blogspot.com/2008/02/faith-not-compatible-with-life.html

Gretchen said...

Lifting Jessie, Tim, sweet baby Emma and all who love her up in prayer. I am so grateful that they had precious time with her.