Wednesday, February 13, 2013

lily love and featured winners

Some Lily love...








And as promised, here are the winners of the weekend caption contest...


Melissa...
my blog (currently featuring a brand new picture of our newest baby pelly!) 

...and here is her ADORABLE Abby.




****************************************


Nicki...

My husband and I do not have a sweet baby blessed with the extra chromosome at this point, however it may happen in the future...you never know where God will lead.








(note from Patti...I fell in love with Nicki's blog and her beautiful story of grief and faith last year. Please take time to visit there, and see what I'm talking about. My daughter-in-love Naomi and I have been so encouraged to watch the miracle of adoption happen for the Deem family. We love you, Nicki.)


******************************


Crystal...

I blog over at www.crystalkupper.blogspot.com

I have a fun giveaway coming up on Valentine's Day for an e-book from Jenn over at The Purposeful Mom on teaching your kids easy ways to memorize Scripture.
 I am a military wife, freelance magazine writer, runner, SAHM mom of 2 boys (ages 5 and 2) and 33 weeks pregnant with our first girl! I love to volunteer, especially with MOPS, Compassion International and Reece's Rainbow.

I've attached photos of my Jack and Jude. Thanks again!

*************************************


Kristy...
I'm Kristy, twenty and engaged to my very own southern gentleman. My blog is about life, love, food, gluten free eating, weddings, healthy eating and just about everything in between.
I'm from Sydney, Australia and my Fiance is from Louisiana, USA - we're currently 10, 000 miles apart but soon that's all going to change. So follow me on my journey of visas, weddings, food, ramblings and so much more.




***********************************



I received an email last night that has nothing to do with the caption contest...but it was so sweet, I had to share it.


Hi, 
My name is Siara Pinick. I am 18 years old and a freshman at Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, but from Orange, California. That's really not terribly important though. I wanted to say I love your blog and Lily is absolutely precious. She has touched my heart in a big way and you are teaching us all how to love through her. When you had Ashley guest post on your blog last week, I started reading some of her blog posts and I found a video she had made that had Steven Curtis Chapman's song "meant to be" as the music. So I painted this in honor of Lily, and Laura and Kamdyn and all of the other beautiful kids with Down Syndrome.
You were meant to be touching the lives that you touch.
And meant to be here making this world so much more
than it would be without you in it.
You were perfectly, wonderfully, beautifully meant to be
I believe that with all my heart precious girls.


~ Siara




******************************





Happy Wednesday !!!

3 comments:

Mrs. K said...

What a beautiful young lady, Siara!!!

Once more I feel drained, cried out and feel ever so blessed with all our grandbabies.

Such faith, such wisdom, such compassion, such love. God has truly blessed Niki and Wesley.

Danielle said...

Precious Painting (: So sweet!

and I think I might head over to check out the gluten-free eatings on one of the blogs you mentioned! (:

cara said...

I will have to check out the blogs!! LOVE the last picture!!! Lily's little face looks so sweet by her big sissy.