Tuesday, January 29, 2013

party pics and a guest post

Before I post Lily's birthday party photos, I wanted to let you know about another place I'm blogging today. Amy Julia Becker, author of A Good and Perfect Gift, asked me to contribute to a series she is doing on the new prenatal test for Down syndrome. I was honored to be included, and you can read my post on her blog HERE.

Last spring I ran my own series about this test. Many moms contributed photos and essays for that series, expressing their concerns about the test and its possible effects on our society. I still share those concerns, however the post I wrote for Amy addresses the flip side of things: how I feel this test can benefit families and perhaps help them to prepare for the birth of a child with "something extra". I hope you'll take time to go read my thoughts, and share your ideas in the comment section there. Amy Julia has a new eBook out called What Every Woman Needs to Know about Prenatal Testing 




You can find her book on Amazon, or by clicking the blue link above.


And now, for our girl's third birthday....


Simple. That was the theme here, as you will quickly realize :)


 Three homemade cakes made from a box and three trick candles that always make a crowd of little kids squeal. That's how we rolled this year.





 Lily was delighted. And that's all that mattered :)




 After opening a pile of sweet gifts, we sang to the birthday girl....











...and ate cake.


Lily and Caleb




 And the next day the celebration continued...

dollie and accessories sent from the Kopp cousins

sweatsuit from big sissy Kenzie




Happy three years to our girl !

19 comments:

Lisa said...

These pictures are adorable - it is hard to believe I have been one of the strangers watching Lily grow up on your blog for years. She is growing into a beautiful little girl. Love your guest post - it was perfectly said & reasoned. Happy Birthday Lily and her awesome momma!

Mrs. K said...

WOW Lils, 3 years!!!! Such a precious gift from God. Love you Sweetie. Laughed at the last picture, you look so funny with crazy hair. xoxoxoxo

Naomi said...

Loved your guest post!!

Lori said...

what a happy 3 year old!!! kiss those chubby cheeks for me!! The cakes were beautiful!!

The Sumulong 3 said...

Looks like a fun party! Lily is adorable and I love the way she holds her baby.......so cute. Hair and balloons = best picture!! :)

Anna Theurer said...

Happy birthday, Lily!!!!! She is such a good 'little mama' to her dolls :)

nicole said...

Happy Birthday Miss Lily! What a cutie pie. I loved her three yellow cakes and the simple and cute icing decoration.

Crystal said...

I think the 3 cakes turned out great!

Tammie said...

Happy Birthday to a cute little girl, love the static hair photo

cara said...

LOVING these pictures and that sweet, sweet video of Lily blowing out her candles. So glad you shared that so we can feel like we were there for a minute. You can tell she was thrilled. I cannot believe she is three!! How fast this time has flown by. Benji will be shortly as well, and it hardly seems possible. Wish we could have been there to celebrate!!

I will now have to go over and read the guest post. Much love!xoxo

Maria said...

Happy Birthday, Lily! Such a cutie. It looked like she had a great time. I love seeing her with her little dolls..she's gonna make a great big sister!

lovemy3 said...

Happy birthday, Lily!!!! I think "simple" is the best theme of all :-)

Jonana said...

Happy Birthday, Lily!!

Jonana said...

Happy Birthday, Lily!!

amy said...

happy birthday to your little sprite!
love these sweet pics!

Rachel said...

happy birthday sweet one! Three is a great year...enjoy it!

Saeed Zia said...

Jobs at your Home, Internet Online Jobs like data entry, copy pasting, Form Filling, Facebook Sharing Jobs, Clicking Jobs, Web Surfing, Google Jobs and Much More Earning Systems Online
www.jobzcorner.com

Anna Maria said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.
Anna @ sewa mobil jakarta

Agnes said...

What a big warm happy family. The sight of the adorable children makes me think more how would it be like to be a mother someday. Your youngest daughter is sooo cute.