Wednesday, November 21, 2012

thankful for YOU

This is the third annual "Thankful For YOU" post on A Perfect Lily. Without a doubt it is my favorite post of the year, along with our Mother's Day post. I asked for readers to submit photos of their loved ones, and as usual I have a hard time seeing through the tears to type.... because each one of these children is so amazing. It's hard to put into words, but there is something about that extra chromosome that unites. I've never met most of these families in person, and yet I feel like I have...I follow so many of these blogs, and many of these children have been featured in previous posts here. It is such a blessing to watch them grow, and to hear from their mamas how blessed and enriched their lives are because of them.

This Thanksgiving I am so very thankful for YOU- all of my fellow mamas of children with Down syndrome. I'm so privileged to be on this journey with you, and overjoyed as always to share your children with the world.

Much love,

Patti and Lily

***************************

Photobucket


I am thankful for all of the ways Kayla has changed my life. She has only been in this world a short time, and in this time she has surprised me in so many ways. I never knew how much I could love someone, until I met her. I want to thank Kayla for being the daughter I always dreamed about and so much more! I feel so lucky that I have the honor of being her mother.
Here is a link to my Thanksgiving Day Post;

************************




Photobucket


I am thankful for my sister, Laura, because she has changed my whole
world and has made me a better person. She always makes me smile no
matter what kind of mood I'm in. I am also so very grateful that
because she was born with an extra chromosome we found sweet Kamdyn,
an orphan who also has Down syndrome who lives on the other side of the
world, who will soon forever be a part of my family. Blog link:
http://somethingbeautiful1025.blogspot.com/





***************************




I am thankful for Harper because she has taught me how to be a stronger woman. Before Harper I never thought I could love the way I love her. She has taught this "Type A" mama how to relax and to leave the floor a mess. She has completed me and I couldn't imagine life without her extra chromosome.

blog:

You are the Smile to my Face

**********************




Photobucket



Here is my Luca.  I am thankful for him because he has opened my eyes to the beautiful world of people with down syndrome.  My instagram is now filled with pictures of beautiful children that share his extra chromosome and they are my favorite pictures and fill my heart with joy. 
**************************************




We are SO thankful for both of them, and can't wait to have them home FOREVER!!  We're almost there, less than a month to go. (They'll be home on 12-12-12!!!)  Daria Grace and Emily Alyona, we love you so much - and are so thankful for the path God has taken us on to find our daughters!  We can't imagine our lives without you!


Follow our adoption journey at: http://jenniferloveslobsters.blogspot.com

**********************


"Everyday we thank God for this smile.  The joy and happiness Nathan has brought to our lives is so much more than we could have ever imagined."

******************



Our sweet Thea has only been home for six months, but she captures the
hearts of everyone who meets her.  She has changed so quickly in the
love of a family, and we can't imagine ours without her!
 
******************



This is my sweet Glory Ana Mallett.  She is about to turn 6 months old.  We named her Glory after meditating on how we are created to glorify God in our mortal bodies (1Cor. 6v20).  We wondered how she would do that (in beauty, wisdom, talents?).  When she was born and immediately my husband suspected she had Ds, it occurred to me that we felt led to name her Glory, and indeed she would glorify God; albeit in ways we would never have suspected.

Many Blessings from Texas,


Sonya Mallett
**note from Patti- Sonya always leaves the sweetest comments ...thank you for your kindness, Sonya. oxox

***************************




Photobucket

I'm thankful for Ellie because she never fails to make us laugh. She's thankful for her ability to make people laugh, because it gets her out of trouble. (Blog www.mystubbornmiss.com)


***********************

  Photobucket


I am thankful that Cate has taught me to not wait for a special occasions but to celebrate the joy in every day. blog:   a brighter sunshine

********************************


Photobucket


Hailey has opened our eyes and our hearts to a world we didn't know existed. She has completed our family!    thehaileyherald.blogspot.com


***********************************

Photobucket Here is our pic of our sweet Mason. This precious child has showed me how to truly love someone with out any limits. To truly love, with my whole heart. This love is amazing....and I have him to thank.

blog: www.prayersformason.blogspot.com

***************************

Photobucket


Here is Britton! She's 14 months old. She's changed us in so many wonderful ways--she is exactly what we needed.



******************************

Photobucket


This is our 10 month old Ada. Her sisters like to call her "my Ada." With each child we've been taught a lesson through our journey towards them and for Ada we've learned a lot about what it means to have Joy! She's already brought so much joy to others and has brought many friends together who wouldn't otherwise had the opportunity. You can read more about her and our life at realconversationsbetweenfriends.blogspot.com

*****************

Photobucket

How hasn't Abby enriched our lives? She helps us remember what's really important in life - our little family :)


 ************************


Photobucket

Charlotte has given me a new set of eyes with which to view the world. Everything is so exciting and everyone is a potential new friend! I am so grateful that she made me a Mama...


*******************



Photobucket


Sophia reminds me every day that life is beautiful.

 My blog is: Little Pieces of Heaven at www.dixierussell.blogspot.com


***********************


Photobucket

I am thankful that Levi taught me something I really needed to learn...that life isn't about pursuing what the world sees as perfection. My life is better now that Levi is in it. This picture is from our Buddy Walk. We were so proud that he could walk with his team this year.


blog:  http://secondtimearound-vernyvern.blogspot.com/

**********************



Photobucket


Why am I thankful for Sarah? Because she strives to be the best she can be & she is the best when it comes to calming babies! She adores her new nephew. Leah Praying, fundraising, & advocating for several Reeces Rainbow kids! Prayer warrior to Alden, & praying/advocating for Heath, Brandi, Celine, & Cora Lynne! http://lifesbeautifulbutterflies.blogspot.com/


**************************



Photobucket


This is Nevin with his brother, Nolan and his sister, Hannah. There aren't words to describe what Nevin has brought to our family...... it is a joy without limits..... he teaches us about appreciating what we have today. He changes each and every one of us for the better.

 Laurie Smith www.fornevinssake.blogspot.com


*************************


Photobucket

This is Ellery (with her mom and dad).  Why am I thankful for Ellery?  Because she makes me smile.  Every. Single. Day.  Her kisses are the best.  Her smile is beautiful.  And her hugs are gold.

 blog: http://www.letthemeatketchup.blogspot.com/


**********************


Photobucket


We're so thankful for this precious little girl in our lives!
She has made us more aware of faith and love, 
and has shown us what life really is about.

www.notime2bbored.blogspot.com


*********************************



Photobucket

We are thankful that Shilo's first family chose life, and then chose us to share in her life.  there is nothing more beautiful, or humbling, than having someone entrust you to raise their child.

blog:  http://munciemenn.blogspot.com/


*********************


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Charlie (boy)
Celia- in brown overalls
Kate- covered with leaves

We have been blessed to overflowing over the past 3 years with the adoptions of Charlie, Celia and Kate.  Never could we have imagined how God would use each of them to change our lives.  Our lives are filled with belly laughs and slimy kisses,  determination like we've never known and happiness few experience.  We are so humbled and honored that God chose us to daily bask in the beauty of Charlie, Celia and Kate (and our 3 bio girls:).....HIS PERFECT CHILDREN!!  Thanking our Heavenly Father today for each of their lives.
In Him,
Elisabeth Westbrook


*******************************



Photobucket
Brookann

Thankful for the blessings she brings and for being a reminder of what is truly important in life.

****************************


Photobucket  

There really is not enough space to write why we are SO thankful for Benji.  I cannot even begin to describe how much this precious, little guy blesses our family daily.  His funny personality and big smile light us all up.  We literally cannot get enough of him.  Nobody in our family can walk by him without kissing him or hugging him.  We are thankful for the little man our boy is becoming.  He is comical, sweet, smart, cuddly, compassionate, giving, and SO much more!!  We are SO thankful the Lord has entrusted us with Benji!!


*******************************



Photobucket

I am forever thankful for my Ellie as she has brought much joy, laughter, and sassiness to our family.  I am forever thankful because she has taught me to work hard and never give up even if something is difficult. I am forever thankful to be her mother.
blog: http://ellietheurer.blogspot.com


************************************


Photobucket
Emily
blog:

  http://livinglifewithes.blogspot.com/


*************************************


Photobucket

We are thankful for Joseph...and for the chance to adopt him and make him a part of our family. We head to his country for our first visit with him in just a couple of weeks! We know already that God is shaping our family for the better for having stepped out in faith to adopt him. So thankful for that!

Our family and adoption blog: http://heartstowardhome.blogspot.com/


**************************




Photobucket


So thankful that Quinn is ours! We are blessed by his signature hugs, his giggle, his determination, his successes, his mischief, and the joy he adds to our family every day.


*******************************



Photobucket


We are thankful for the joy that has come after the storm of diagnosis and surgery. Elina, you are a daily reminder of God's love, and for you I am so very thankful.

www.claire-imsen.blogspot.com


************************************


And finally...

Photobucket



I'm thankful for Lily - for filling every day with love and laughter and LIFE. For giving me a greater appreciation for the little things, and for showing me what unconditional love looks like in real life.



Happy Thanksgiving !!

20 comments:

lovemy3 said...

Love it, Patti! Such beautiful children. Thanks for putting it together. I shared it on Facebook. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Kimberly said...

Such a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Kimberly said...

Such a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Mrs. K said...

Once again I thank you for the opportunity to see such BEAUTY in our world. I could scoop up and hug each one of these precious gifts from God. Thank you for sharing all of them with us.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Thank you Father for these precious children and their loving parents and siblings.

April Vernon said...

This was beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving, Patti! I am thankful for you!

Naomi Rice said...

Awe:) so sweet!!!

Elissa said...

Best looking group of kiddos I've ever seen!!! Sorry I missed the all call to include Abbie :)

cara said...

LOVE seeing all of these beautiful, smiling faces together like this. All of these kids just radiate pure joy in these photos. Thank you for taking time to do this post Patti! One thing is for sure, I have yet to meet a family that isn't thankful for their child with down syndrome.

We all hope you have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving with your family!!! xoxo

Crystal said...

Some of these pictures seriously made me laugh out loud. Too cute!

Day to Day Mama said...

Love this post!! It made my morning...thank you!

Ann said...

It's so fun to see all these faces and stories!

Erin Beaudette said...

So many beautiful pictures of reasons to be thankful this year. Thank you Patti for preparing this post and sharing it with all of us in blogland. I am thankful for women with big hearts for orphans and you Patti are at the top of my list!! Thanks for all you do.

Angel said...

Love this post!!!!! Thank you Patti. Every one of the pictures made me smile. Beautiful beautiful kiddos! Happy Thanksgiving!

my family said...

always love this wish I wouldnt have missed it happy thanksgiving

Lisa said...

perfect as usual! This is absolutely one of my favorite posts of the year. I'm going to repost a link on my blog this weekend!

Dylan'sMommy316 said...

Oh I absolutely loved this post!! Thanks for sharing these sweet pics and stories. :-)

Sonya said...

We feel famous! Loved this idea. I LOVED seeing all these precious photos! Thank you so much.

Kaiti said...

Glad I could be a part of this! Thanks!

Chasing Hazel said...

You are right...best post ever!!!! Oh my...how lucky we all are to have been blessed with such amazing children. So thankful for my dear Hazel. She teaches us so much about being grown-ups. LOVE!!!

Amber Tamulewicz said...

I love this! Thank you for including my sweet Kayla :) looks like I have some new blogs to follow :)