Wednesday, October 17, 2012

update on Celine

Please forgive my lack of posting...morning noon and night sickness has hit with a vengeance. I'm so grateful for those raging pregnancy hormones, but it is hindering me from getting much done lately :/



Meanwhile, there's a very deserving little girl who has a matching grant of $5,000 that I would love to direct your attention to...



An anonymous donor has pledged dollar for dollar donations for Celine up to $5,000 for the month of October. This means that if you donate $25 to Celine's grant fund, she will receive $50. If you donate $100, she will receive $200. This sweet little girl has been waiting seven years for a family to adopt her. Unfortunately, the older she gets, the less her chances of receiving the gift of a family. I wish it weren't so. But the truth is that so many older children are passed over when it comes to adoption. A full grant is Celine's ticket to finding a family, because money is the main obstacle for so many parents seeking an older child to adopt.

Dozens of people have donated to Celine already ~ her grant has grown by over $1,400 in the past week and a half. But we're still $3,600 away from our goal for October. Will you help spread the word about her matching grant offer?

One of my adopting friends emailed me recently about Celine- she had the pleasure of meeting her last summer. Here's what she shared:


"In July we traveled to meet our daughter for the first time. While we were there we were able to meet Celine. She came up to us and gave me a hug and stroked the side of my face. She had 2 braids with big bows on the ends and she looks to have thinned out some. She looked very cute and healthy. When we were leaving she blew us kisses goodbye. The institution she is in is a very good one but the orphanage director is very excited to have children adopted from his orphanage. He has said that even though he loves the children he knows they would do so much better with a family."
 
 
For every ten dollars you donate to Celine's grant fund on Reece's Rainbow, you will receive one entry in our Saving Celine Giveaway. 

Nikon D3100 14.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens



This fabulous prize, valued at $500 has been donated to our giveaway. You can read about the details HERE.


Happy Wednesday !!!



4 comments:

teal915 said...

Sadly, I haven't been reading blogs much lately :(. So I missed a lot, but I just caught up. Congratulations on the pregnancy! I wanted to jump up and down for you. Your response to the commenter was great too. I'm g,ad I. Aught up with you.

Mandy said...

AHHH!! Patti, I haven't been on as much as I should! You're pregnant! Congratulations, friend! Praying for a healthy, complication free pregnancy :)

cara said...

Celine is one special girl!! I have seen others advocating for her. There is Leah on FB that is doing a day of prayer for her on October 20th, I believe. I thought that was a great idea. I know she has been fighting for her. Thank you for posting Patti. I will go to this site.

Praying for you today!!! xoxo

Leah said...

Cara, thats me! I will work on a blogpost when I get a chance to.