Friday, October 5, 2012

Saving Celine

Seven years ago this month a beautiful little girl was born in Eastern Europe. She had chubby baby cheeks, beautiful blue eyes, and perfect rosebud lips. She flailed in the doctor's arms, she took her first breath, and seconds later her newborn cries filled the air.

But as the doctor studied the crease in her palm, the tiny gap in her toes and her sweet almond eyes, his expression turned to one of sadness...perhaps even disgust. He quietly told this baby's mama that she was one of those babies - the kind their society could not accept, the kind they shut away in institutions and tried to forget. 

Maybe her mama cried. Maybe she held her and whispered a prayer over her as she said goodbye, believing that she was doing the best thing she could for her. Maybe this month her mama looks back on that day, the day of her birth, and remembers those almond eyes looking up at her, pleading with her to love her for who she was.



Or maybe she's buried that memory all this time, deliberately trying to forget the day her baby was born...her tainted and imperfect daughter, the one she wished she never knew.


Regardless of her true emotions, that baby spent her years in the care of others who would never call her daughter. She grew into a beautiful little girl with golden blond hair and a smile that could light up any room, and in spite of being shut off from her society, she thrived.



She's been waiting seven years for someone to see her value, someone to come and claim her and call her the word she's never heard....daughter. 








Celine has spent seven long years in her baby house, and still she waits.

So many people have prayed for Celine, and given to her grant fund on Reece's Rainbow in hopes of seeing a family come forward to adopt her. She has one of the largest grants on Reece's Rainbow- over ten thousand dollars.



And yet still she waits.



A year and a half ago an anonymous donor pledged $5,000 in a matching grant campaign to help rescue a little girl named Albina. Readers here on A Perfect Lily rallied to raise $5,000 to meet that pledge, and a month later a family stepped forward to commit to Albina. This month they are traveling to meet her, and I cannot wait til I can post pictures of that moment.

You helped make that happen.


Today this same anonymous donor has asked me to run a match campaign for Celine. They will match every dollar that comes into her grant fund up to $5,000 during the month of October.

Do you realize what this means?



If we raise $5,000 this month, Celine will receive $10,000 and have a full grant waiting for someone to claim. THIS WILL GUARANTEE HER A FAMILY.




I asked my wonderful friend Michelle Z at Reece's Rainbow to send me additional photos of Celine for this post. I really wasn't prepared to have my heart ripped out this morning, but it was. I kept clicking on the pictures she sent me, staring at this beautiful little girl and wondering why in the world she doesn't have a family yet. And the only answer I have is money. International adoption is so expensive and there is no getting around that.


It is NOT a lack of families that keep these children from being adopted, it is lack of finances.




Let's fix that for Celine.


Let's raise a grant fund so large that money is NOT an obstacle for a family committing to her.


Let's Save Celine.




And to sweeten up the pot, this same anonymous family is donating the following to one random commenter...

Nikon D3100 14.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens

 Here are the rules:

* Donate to Celine's grant fund through the paypal box on my sidebar...this takes you directly to Celine's account on Reece's Rainbow. Leave a comment saying you donated to be entered to win. All donations are welcome, but please make a minimum donation of $10. EVERY $10 YOU DONATE EQUALS ONE ENTRY. So if you donate $50 you get 5 entries. Make sure to leave a comment specifying the amount you donated if you wish to receive extra entries!

* Blog about Celine- include a photo of her and a link to this post- and receive THREE entries. Make sure to leave a comment including the link to your blogpost for those entries.

* Share this giveaway on Facebook for an additional entry. Leaving a comment saying you did so.

This giveaway ends October 31st. A winner will be announced on November 1st.


  LET'S SAVE CELINE !!!

37 comments:

The Lawrence Family said...

Shared on FB. I'd love to blog about it, but I am currently on Private.

I'll get a donation in by the month's end.

God Bless,

my family said...

she is such a doll and I too cannot believe she doesnt have a family yet. I still pray for little meghan virtually fully funded without a family either. Heartbreaking. What a kindhearted donor, thank you God for them

SolaceMama said...

There are 3 babies on RR that I would go through hell and high water to get. Celine is one of them. Thank you so much the Anonymous Donor.

Leah said...

Patti, You just made my day! I did not expect this coming at all! Thanks Anonymous donor you don't realize how much this girl means to me & how I would go ahead to adopt if her if I was older! My facebook was going nuts over people tagging me making sure I saw your post & the news! At first I thought she found her family but then I did not see her on that page so it slapped me in the face when I saw that number. I was offering up $104 as a match thinking its small but now wow Im shaky & going to go ahead to send the check! I am about to write another post as originally I offered my video of me getting cupcake in my face in honor of another child & her Birthday.

orphans4me said...

Wonderful! What a beautiful precious little girl. I do hope and pray her family finds her soon.
Joy

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

Leah is going to fall off her chair!!! this is amazing! ok in tears here!! I wonder if i can talk my husband into another donation this month! OH boy he will divorce me...really!!! of course i will blog about this patti xxxxx

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

patti do you know Leah Harwick's blog? She is wonderful and has been working so hard for Celine...you have seriously made her day!! here is a link to her blog xxxxx

http://lifesbeautifulbutterflies.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/speechless.html

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

did you see! did you see!!! mffm page...BRENT!!!!! XX

Rochelle said...

Love your heart and love Celine. Praying the money and her family rise up!

Lynn said...

She is a beautiful little girl. I sent a small donation, but will continue to watch this thread and pray she finds her forever family.

Leah said...

I just want to say thanks everyone for all your support of Celine!!! Every little bit helps so no amount is too small & just think its all going to be matched! $104 will soon be on its way from a fundraiser I did for her last month. But I don't need to be entered of course cause I already got that wonderful camera from your Giveaway awhile ago. Our whole family has enjoyed it! I hope the winner of the Nikon knows the good quality in it! Big Nikon fan here for their nicer cameras!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

I had a typo in my previous post so I had to delete it!

I donated $10. I wish I was in a position to adopt because 7 years is too long for a child to wait for a family.

nicole said...

Thank you for advocating for Celine ~ what a little cutie. She is very dear to one of my sisters. Donated $30.

nicole said...

Shared on FB.

SK said...

I donated $50 to Celine. Praying that her family finds her soon!

mummalove said...

Oh, I just read this after the more recent post. Have just donated $20, so hope that helps a little. I've just promoted your blog post on FB too x

Leah said...

Donated $20. Beautiful girl.

Deanna said...

I so wish I was able to give more. )-: But I gave my small part in hopes that it DOES make a difference.

shantijoy said...

Donated $50 - $10 for each of our 5 family members.

Davilyn said...

I donated $10 to Celine. <3 -Davilyn

Melanie said...

Thank your for helping sweet little Celine. Just donated $20.00.

Stephanie said...

Donated $30 and posted on my blog. I think that is 6 chances to win a camera!!!

My prayer is that Celine has a family before Christmas!!!

Stephanie Lynch

Leah said...

Patti I am commenting on behalf of my mom she shared your post so one entry for her please!

Julia said...

Patti - I donated 10 and am blogging again about it today. Trying to help as much as I can. Love you my sweet friend!

Anastasia Beaverhausen said...

$50 donated.

Mary Sanders

Leah said...

Thanks my friend!!!

Christine said...

Beautiful little girl. Will be praying...

Melissa said...

Shared on FB. Celine was my Angel Tree child 2 years ago and I HATE that she is still waiting. :(

eliz said...

I donated $100, is this how you enter?
(((HUGS))) Celine!

trinity.warren77 said...

Donated $100. Hoping this precious girl with such a sweet grin finds her forever family soon.

Leah said...

Thanks again everyone! This girl means so much to me

craftymommajess said...

Made a small donation. Wish I could do more. I will be lifting her up in prayer!

craftymommajess said...

Also shared on FB. Hopefully others will donate when they see my post :-)

NikkiB said...

I donated to Celine!

Michelle Z said...

I donated $20 to Celine :)

mcn1784 said...

Dear Patti, I donated $100 to beautiful Celine's fund. Praying for her family to find her soon...Martha N.