Thursday, September 20, 2012

scrambled

I have four photos of Lily that have absolutely nothing to do with my four points in this post. I can't make them gel with the words no matter how hard I try. So this post is one of those unique exercises in brain power that encourages you to study the pictures and read the words and wonder "what was she thinking?" I'll just help you: I wasn't. I uploaded the photos last night and added words this morning, and this scrambled post is the result. Welcome to my world!


#1: I hate the new Blogger look. (Dashboard, Compose Post, etc.) I hate it all. And I usually reserve the word hate for things like airplane trips, dentist appointments and cleaning up dog poop off the carpet. So that should tell you how much I really hate the new Blogger look.

Okay, there. I got it off my chest.


#2: I get an iPhone tomorrow. I have no idea what I've gotten myself into by saying yes, but I've had so many people tell me my life is about to change, that I'm intrigued. Is this going to be one more "thing" I have to learn to put aside in my fight to really engage in life ? Or will this make my life easier? I don't know, but I'm about to find out.



#3: Lily is sick in bed with a fever. I absolutely hate (there goes that word again!) when my kids are sick, but I always worry a little more when Lily is. Are all moms of kids with special needs like this? Thankfully she is rarely sick...in fact, of all my children she's been the healthiest so far. But I think the fact that this has been a hard summer on our Down syndrome community is playing on my brain. We've been so fortunate (although I don't like using that word either) with Lily's health...there's a dumb little part of my brain that sometimes feels like we're waiting for the other shoe to drop - the one that is lying undiscovered in that stack of what-if's that comes with that "magical extra chromosome." So far the only way I've found to fight this...the dreaded what-if's...is by a) enjoying each moment and being thankful for her health and b) turning my brain to "whatsoever things are pure and lovely and holy and just." In other words- just taking things one day at a time and giving my fears to God. Just like I do with all of my children.


#4: I'm going to join the Instagram cult. I'm not sure about this one either- what the attraction is, why my older kids have all these conversations about who posted what on Instagram these days. But I feel left out. And so tomorrow, upon receiving my new iPhone 4, the very first thing I am going to do is join the craze. If APerfectLily# isn't already taken (is that how you do it?? Or is that just a Twitter thing with the hashtag??), that's gonna be my user name. Come follow me? And if it's taken I may go with something totally random, like MotherOfTenTakesOverInstagram. Anyhoo, I'll let ya know.

 If you're on Instagram, leave your user name in the comment section? I'd love to follow you :)

Happy scrambled Thursday!

16 comments:

Hope said...

praying Lilly feels better soon. The calendar on the iphone is amazing! you can set it up to remind you of things way in advance:) You can also hit the microphone to text instead of typing it out if your hands are full.
so many apps...
instagram user: wizewmn

cara said...

I cannot keep up with all the new technology!!! I tend to retreat from it instead of join in. But then I feel a bit left out and scarred that it will take over the world, and I will know nothing if I do not figure it out now, ha.

SO sorry precious Lily is sick!! I will pray she gets better fast. We had a really yucky virus this week in our home. Logan's fever got up to 104 degrees. And Benji was really sick too. I also began thinking about how much worse it could be that he is sick. And I think it is because of all of the kiddos I have been keeping up with in our community lately. I think it makes us see how fragile and more vulnerable these kids are. But then I know people like Norm Wakefield that has an adult daughter with DS that told me she has always been the healthiest out of all five of his kids. I know the Lord is in complete control of their precious lives. And I have wondered if I hear more about these kids because we are connected to such a large community because I know typical kids are also getting leukemia and having serious illnesses as well too. Not sure, but I am thankful to be able to call on the One that knows all things and can help us take all our thoughts captive for His Glory, and I love the verse you quoted!! xoxo

Sharon Edwards said...

I have been reading your blog for a long time but never comment. I just wanted to tell you how much I love reading your posts and looking at all of your pictures.

Sharon Edwards said...

Oh, yes, I meant to mention I sure hope Lily feels better soon. I know how I worry when one of mine is sick -- especially one of my girls with DS.

Naomi Rice said...

Mine is ricenaomi810 :)) follow meeeeee!!!

Day to Day Mama said...

I just got a smart phone this week and I actually came to your blog to see if you had instagram because I just love your pictures of Lily. My instagram username: sdshar

Also I know what you mean about waiting for the other shoe to drop. Luca has also been very healthy so everytime he gets a fever I tend to think "Here we go..".It's battle in my head for sure! Hope Lily feels better soon!!

Angel said...

Oh yeah, I love my iPhone and instagram, but I do have to use will power to put. it. down. Seriously. I will look you up on instagram! Love it. :) (And I am so with ya on the blogger hate.)

Brown Eyed Mama said...

poor Lily! :( Leylie had a bug with a nasty fever most of last week and the beginning of this one and it was really starting to freak me out, I can only imagine your worry. Praying she's back to herself soon, mama.

Yay Instagram! I'm smallandfierce (I know, I'm so creative :P) on IG. :)

Danielle said...

#1: ME TOO!! ug. it's annoyign
#2: iphones are GREAT!
#3 So sorry she's sick ): I'm sure you got it from us and I'ts just a fever and tummy ache - but I swear I kept my kids away! It must have jumped across the aisle!
#4 Instagram requires just a username - no # sign (: If you want your comment to read by someone specific you add "@" before their name. For instance: @dnbarton would direct a comment to me! (: Can't wait to see Lily-bug on there!

Mrs. K said...

#1 Don't know what you are talking about.

#2 Love my flip phone, no iPhone for mio. Can't teach an old lady new tricks. ;>(

#3 OH no now I have 3 granddaughters who are under the weather. I will be praying, praying, praying. Kiss my Lils for me please.

#4 Anlther new fangled thing I am going to live w/o.

Had to have Kenzie tell me to go on YouTube to watch her sky diving video. Held my breath from the moment she jumped till she landed...and I even knew it was going to have a happy ending. Didn't like the song that was playing.

Love, the old lady who is too slow to pick up on new technology.

Mrs. K said...

Forgot to mention I love Lils in her Rose Colored Glasses!!!!

Anna Theurer said...

Oh sweet Lily--feel better soon! I loathe the new blogger interface as well.

Becca said...

Awwww, poor Lily!!! Hope she feels better soon. I hated the new blogger interface when I switched over last year (I switched on someone's recommendation). Couldn't. Stand. It. But now that I've been using it for the last 8 months or so, I have come to really like it. It just takes a *lot* of getting used to...LOL Good luck with that!

Stefany DeLorme said...

I hope Lily gets better quick, I will surely send prayers for her :) instagram username:Pany77

April Vernon said...

I'll have to admit, I'm a little jealous about the iPhone & Instagram. I have neither. Sure hope Lily gets well soon!

Team Lando said...

Oh, yea! Patti on instagram! I'm something crazy creative, I think like "meganlando".