Monday, September 24, 2012

I wasn't prepared

I wasn't prepared for you....






I wasn't prepared for the way one sweet glance from you would make me want to stop everything I was doing and scoop you up in my arms for the rest of the day.





I wasn't prepared for you....




I wasn't prepared for those eyes- the kind that can speak a thousand words, that sparkle with stars and shine brighter than the sun on days when I need it most.


I wasn't prepared for you...




I wasn't prepared for the connection I would feel with you, the one that makes me feel like a part of me is missing when you're sleeping and comes alive again when you wake up.



I wasn't prepared for you....





I wasn't prepared for the way you would fit just perfectly into our family, how you would wrap every one of your siblings around your finger, how totally complete you would make our family feel.


I wasn't prepared for you...






I wasn't prepared for how easily the words would roll off my lips two and a half years later -why yes, she does have Down syndrome - in response to a stranger's question...and how totally at ease I would feel with it. I wasn't prepared for the pride I would feel when I told that same stranger that you are amazing us constantly with all that you do, and how much I wish everybody could experience the joy we do every.single.day.   ....because of you.




I wasn't prepared for you !

16 comments:

Amethyst11:11 said...

Beautiful! Tears!

cathy said...

God Bless....beautiful!

xoxo
cathy

Jenny said...

I cannot get over these pictures of Lily! She is looking so grown up and so, so, beautiful! Loved this post Patti :)

Jody said...

awww, TEARS! SO sweet, the pics and the post.

lovemy3 said...

Absolutely beautiful! I can't explain it to others how she has changed my heart and she completes our family. Love the pics of Lily....she gets more beautiful every day!

Lori said...

love the pictures!!! You all look so beautiful!!

Lisa said...

I feel like she is growing up in front of my eyes and I don't even know you IRL!!! Look how long her hair is! Lily is beautiful.

Naomi Rice said...

Beautiful curls :)

Mrs. K said...

I cannot resist. I told you so. Love, MOM

cara said...

Nothing can prepare you for having such an amazing blessing!!!! Wish everyone knew.

These pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOVE Lily's hair!!

Rochelle said...

So sweet! The one of her sucking her thumb...priceless!

Jennifer Diane said...

She is such a doll. Isn't it amazing how God works miracles in our lives...often in unexpected ways. :-)

Love your blog.

xo,
jennifer

eliz said...

Yes, isn't it funny how wonderful it is to let everyone know our kids are special! There is no shame in Down Syndrome! She is perfect!

Carrie Scharf said...

Awww that was the sweetest thing!!

Allyson London Kistler said...

Seriously, As if Lily didn't remind me of Ally enough already, you go and say everything I think every day!!! It is amazing isn't it?

Allyson London Kistler said...

That is funny, it says Allyson said that... hmm... Ally is 2 1/2 she doesn't have a email address. This is Amy!!!