Tuesday, September 18, 2012

giving thanks

“The practice of giving thanks...this is the way we practice the presence of God, stay present to His presence, and it is always a practice of the eyes. We don't have to change what we see. Only the way we see.”
~ Ann Voskamp



Today I am thankful for...

her beautiful profile

the way she still fits in the kitchen sink for baths

her tiny ears

her almond eyes

her chubby little toes

her bent little pinky

her sweet baby voice calling me mama

the smell of her hair

her belly laugh

her crinkly eyed smile

my good and perfect gift....







"We find delight in the beauty and happiness of children that makes the heart too big for the body."
  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 comments:

nicole said...

So glad that little gift is totally loved and appreciated.

Naomi Rice said...

Beautiful!

Mrs. K said...

Once more you have brought smiles and tears at the same time. Funny how I can see ALL my Rice grandbabies in that one little sweety pie. I remember you asking me to give Jason his first bath and I was so happy you asked me to. And to see this little cherub smiling and posing with her little hand to her chin. I love you all so much.

cara said...

What a blessing you have to be SO, SO thankful for!! Thank you for sharing her with all of us. Her face just melts me. I know you can hardly stand how cute she is daily!! xoxo

Maria said...

Patti~She is so gorgeous!! Beauty sure does run in your family. Loved
this post.

Jenn said...

I found this today, and immediately thought of a sassy little blonde girl who it would look great on ;) Just wanted to share! :)

http://i.imgur.com/giAMJ.jpg

Lori said...

she is so sweet!!

Sandryte said...

Is she saying "thank you" sign in the photo?? Melts my heart when my son does that (2.9 years).

Natasha said...

oh shes so beautiful, this post brings a lump to my throat