Friday, August 17, 2012

what the doctors never told me

In all the stacks of information about medical issues Lily might face in the future regarding her diagnosis of Down syndrome, somehow those doctors left out a few very important facts. Was it for lack of long term studies or purely to shield me from what was to come?


I'll never know, but I am posting this as a warning to new parents of children with Down syndrome.


We have here significant scientific data that proves the 21st chromosome (of which individuals with Down syndrome have three copies) contains genetic material responsible for ....






A) mischief





and


B) charm



...thus tripling the potential for daily doses of trouble.


Consider yourselves warned.


15 comments:

Kelly Marin said...

Patti, she is too cute! Love her little bathing suit.

Marci said...

Hehe! Isn't that the truth! I'm positive it's true, and my niece, Lauren, is proof!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Love the high ponytail and the swimsuit! Oh, who am I kidding? I love any pictures you post of Lily. She's SO adorable.

Anna Theurer said...

and don't forget sassiness!

Claire Imsen said...

Love it! So true.

Megan said...

She is really getting so big! Which I know brings on that mischief and charm ;) Very sweet little girl!

Meriah said...

she really is getting so big!
xoxo love.

Leah said...

adorable!

lovemy3 said...

Too cute! I agree with Anna though...don't forget sassy!

Jenny said...

lol...so cute :)

Patti said...

Just a note: only kind and respectful comments will be published. Have a nice day !

cara said...

Oh my!!!! Lily has grown, and she continues to be too cute for words. Thank you for this; I cannot get enough of her cuteness.

She and Benji would certainly have a ball together!!
xoxo

Rochelle said...

Oh you SO should have posted this before we adopted another one. LOL Super cute, love that little bit of a girl of yours!

Mrs. K said...

Just cannot get enough of my Lily Anne. Wish Lily and Elli could play together, that was be so much fun to sit and watch.

MIRANDA URIARTE said...

oh that's adorable!