Friday, August 31, 2012

Gabe's Heart

Last May in my Mother's Day Post, I introduced you to this beautiful boy, Gabe....



Gabe's mama Julia had submitted his photo for a montage I was working on, and included these words:


This is my sweet boy, Gabriel. He has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, an AV Canal Defect and Trisomy 21. He is in the hospital right now having a hard time recovering from his heart surgery that was on April 10th. I haven't seen him awake for the past month, missing him terribly. He is 8 months old :)


Gabe's daddy posted this video last week on Gabe's Facebook page, Hope for Gabe's Heart.
More than anything you've ever read or watched on Lily's blog, I hope you listen to the message of this video.




Gabe went to be with Jesus shortly after this video was filmed.

His heart is whole now. He is alive and smiling and fully healed, and he's waiting for his Mommy and Daddy...and although their hearts are aching for him, and they're missing him more than anything, they have something to put their trust in that is bringing them through the hardest thing any parent could go through.

How does a parent endure the loss of a child? This is how. Because if you have the hope of Heaven, you know you're going to see your child again some day.


Do you have this hope for your heart ? I pray with all my heart that you do.

"Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled: 'Death is swallowed up in victory. Oh death, where is your victory? Oh death, where is your sting?' 1 Corinthinans 15:54-55



You can go HERE to leave a comment and let Gabe's family know you are praying for them.




 "He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever." Revelation 21:4

7 comments:

Mrs. K said...

I believe Gabe is now with God and I should be happy about that but I am oh so sad for his Mommy and Daddy. I will be praying for their faith to carry them through this tough time.

cara said...

I am going to go back and watch the video!! Thank you for sharing Patti. There is only Hope in Jesus!! Without the Lord, I do not know how people go through the trials of life. He truly is the One that carries us. Love to you!

Rochelle said...

Thanks for sharing. Praying and left them a message. Heartbreaking but uplifting all at the same time.

Elizabeth said...

I'm not sure what to post. Oh how my heart breaks for them. At first I didn't scroll past the video. I was just watching it, but my curiosity got the better of me. I was hoping against hope that Gabe recovered. I continued to watch the video and I put my hand on the computer screen and prayed along with his daddy and sobbed. Thank goodness there is no one else at work with me today.

Naomi Rice said...

Okay sobbing right now. That is the most precious testimony video I have ever seen. How amazing of a father to be able to speak those words and prayers into the camera while going through the hardest time In his life. Just shows how real Jesus is in their heart and lives. I hope everyone who watches that video can come to know Jesus the same way gabe's dad does. So heart breaking yet so wonderful to know he is in the arms of Jesus. He truly has been made whole.

nicole said...

Oh my goodness, this reminds me so much of our good friends who just lost their baby girl, Marianna, to the same heart defect. So heart wrenching, but heaven is a great comfort to them.

Danielle said...

ok. 12:40am this morning - sitting in my bed bawling my eyes out. I just can't even begin to fathom this. What a strength he demonstrates in that video - I'm sure that there were many many moments of deep sorrow and weakness - and yet he was able to pull himself together enough to share the precious testimony that will allow all who knew Gabe to see him again some day. What an incredible man of God and a wonderful father. Still yet, I just can't even begin to imagine going through this. o how my heart aches for them. what a long long long long road.