Monday, July 2, 2012

Which box did we pack Patti in?

My phone buzzed. The screen lit up a bright blue. Squinting into the light I could make out the bold black letters that spelled out

P-A-T-T-I

It turns out that if you're buried under an avalanche of boxes, you can reach one arm out to freedom while grasping your phone in order to use that opposable thumb as God intended it to be used.

"PLEASE HELP SEND CHOCOLATE"

the text might have read. Or perhaps

"911 CAN'T FIND COMPUTER."

or

"INTERNET DOWN. LOST LIFELINE."

or

"CONVICTED BY THE SELFISHNESS OF NO LONGER SHARING LILY'S PICTURES."

or

"I REALLY NEED TO LEAVE MORE COMMENTS ON DEANNA'S BLOG."

Or perhaps the text said none of those things, but merely shared normal moving frustration and sadness. And perhaps the text REALLY said that Patti won't have internet until next week, and that she misses all of you desperately, and that she needs encouragement and verbal help-me-ups and sanity assists. I volunteered to start it off by this incredibly moving blog post. I know, I really shouldn't have.

Patti- we miss you- come back SOON!

Love,

(Your turn? I'm sure Patti would love to hear from you if for nothing else than to tell her to stop giving me the password to her blog.)

p.s. If my daughter could text, they would all read the same thing:
(yes, she made up her own "chocolate" sign)

Now 1-2-3 GO

15 comments:

lovemy3 said...

Ha! I wondered how the moving was going. I loathe moving...I can't imagine how many boxes with the Rice clan?!?!?

Mud pies and Moonlight said...

I moved a month ago and I am still clawing my way out of the rumble...okay that was an exaggeration..a little. Wee love you and miss you already. Come back soon and bring pictures of that cute baby girl with you.

cathy said...

I miss you girlfriend!!!!!!!

Thank you, Deanna

xoxo
cathy

Michelle Z said...

PATTI! COME BACK! :)

I wish I could've helped you move. I love packing -- and especially love sorting other people's stuff. Sad, but true.

Miss you!

Mrs. K said...

Grammi Kopp definetly has to learn the sign for chocolate!!!

Patti, where are you? Where is my Lily Anne and her siblings? Help, I am having withdrawals and it is UGLY!!!

Monique Rice said...

I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOUR NEW HOUSE. I LOVE THAT WE ARE CLOSER NOW. !

Jennifer said...

I miss you!!! We leave in 3 days!!! Be on the lookout for new pictures of my amazing, beautiful girls SOON!!!!! :) XOXO

SolaceMama said...

I thought of you with this rain and stuff.

Lily withdrawal really is ugly. So is chocolate withdrawal...

Naomi Rice said...

I love your new house and that we now have an excuse to come over all the time because, well I'm sure you need company while unpacking,right?? :)) or you just need a baby k to help you unpack all your things and make you smile!

my family said...

we miss you terribly, life is not the same without you around. hurry up the unpacking and get back to your computer:)

Krista said...

Miss you Patti!

Anna Theurer said...

Hi Deanna and Addison! We miss Patti and Lily too!

Rochelle said...

Can't wait for all your boxes to be unpacked and for new pics of the family at the new Rice Ranch.
Love and miss you guys!

Ashley said...

I miss all of you! Come back soon :)

P.S. I love you, DeAnna and Addison :)

mummalove said...

Come back soon Patti! Hope the move hasn't been too horrendous and that you aren't too exhausted. We look forward to hearing more once you've settled in.

Deanna, thanks for the giggle and showing off your beautiful girl on two blogs ;) You are too funny x