Thursday, June 28, 2012

final post

It's our last night at The Rice Ranch tonight...


I've shed a lot of tears this past week over leaving my home. Lots of memories here, not the least of which include nine months of carrying a hidden treasure inside me...



It's been a busy, exhausting week, packing and cleaning and squeezing in the daily grind of cooking and laundry. Cutest moment of the week: we took the kids to see the new house the other day- Lily went from room to room to room, talking NON-STOP. She kept pointing to everything- the walls, the ceilings, the toilet- and telling me what she thought. "Lalalalalalalala!!!" Eyes rolling, hands gesturing wildly, it was clear- she loved her new house.



I have to admit - I'm such a sentimental, sappy person, that I've really struggled with saying goodbye to my house. But seeing Lily's excitement....and the same happy anticipation mirrored in her siblings...goes a long way to curing the moving day blues. 

Plus - new adventures await us, and I am getting a little excited to see what those may be! (And I bet y'all were getting a little tired of seeing the same backdrop for all of Lily's pictures anyway !) 



 The final boxes are waiting to be packed up, our moving van arrives early tomorrow morning, and it's time to wrap up my final post from The Rice Ranch. So I'll end with a quote from one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite books...


"When I left Queen's my future seemed to stretch out before me like a straight road. I thought I could see along it for many a milestone. Now there is a bend in it. I don't know what lies around the bend, but I'm going to believe that the best does. It has a fascination of its own, that bend,"
- Anne of Green Gables



See you on the other side !

20 comments:

Monique Rice said...

You are going to love your new home.
I love Lily with her lil purse!

<3

Rochelle said...

Can't wait to see you all settled in your new home, making even more fun memories.
Happy moving!

Becca said...

Bittersweet, but congratulations to you all!

my family said...

you will make more new amazing memories

Erin Beaudette said...

Its great that we can feed off our children's optimism and excitement. The reason they have that optimism and excitement is because they feel completely safe and trust their parents 100%. Great job and best of luck :)

The Mac's House said...

Happy move! More great memories to come!

Brown Eyed Mama said...

My heart about stopped when I saw the title of this post--I've been a terrible commenter, but I do read every post and I'd be so sad if this was really your last post here. :) Good luck with the move, mama!

Elizabeth said...

Love to you on your move! I pray the 'bend' will hold lots of wonderful fascination and new memories!

angie said...

Good luck with your move- hope everything goes smoothly and that Lily loves her new home. :)

cathy said...

Be thinking of you tomorrow, a new wonderful home awaits...

xoxo
cathy

Naomi Rice said...

Oh that quote makes me wanna cry, for whatever reason maybe I'm just emotional... Im sure you will love the new views and will make many more memories in the next house:))

Mrs. K said...

Whatever!!! You know the Lord is there already waiting to share new adventures. Can't wait to see some pictures. Would really like the new address.

Mrs. K said...

Love all the pictures of my little Lils but especially the second one. She is such a good Mama.

Karly Jaco said...

You have been on my mind constantly this past week. Praying for you all that the move goes well, and that the blessings in the future just blow you away. Much love to you all!

Anna Alexandrova said...

Lilly is indeed irresistible. But those plates above the dining table are beautiful too, don't forget to pack them! :-)

Marci said...

Love the Anne of Green Gables quote. I've probably read that book (and the rest of the series) about 100 times - maybe more.

Can't wait to see what's "around the bend" for you guys!

Cathy said...

Just checking in on you and your beautiful family. I hope the move has gone well. You popped into my head as I FB chatted with your pal Michelle Z as we passed through her town yesterday on the way home from vacation. Love, hugs, and prayers from Lily and me!

cara said...

Praying for all of you with this transition Patti!!!! SO excited to see the new home and reading your blogs with new, amazing memories. God is GOOD!!! xoxo

vermonter said...

Congratulations on your move. I am sure it is hard with a big family, well even a small family it is a big job. Ha. I have been a follower of you blog and love to see all your pictures and how much Lily has grown,what a sweetie.I have to say the post about her delivery and her Daddy was Precious.. I was wondering if you still had spots for a follower for the blog of Notes from home? I would love to become a follower. My email is vermonter34(at)gmail(dot) com. Thanks and I am crossing my fingers that I am not to late. Tammie

Mandy said...

Missing you all! Hope the move is going wonderfully.