Friday, May 11, 2012

Woodbine Is ‘Down’ With Down Syndrome: 5 Things Woodbine Said By Saying Nothing At All

Okay, high-five for whoever gets the title of this post. Sometimes I crack myself up. Especially when it's 2:29 a.m. and I'm awake on a caffeine high, blogging (thanks a lot, Lipton Decaf, you lied).


Several months ago I submitted a few photos of Lily to Woodbine House for the new edition of Early Communication Skills for Children with Down Syndrome that is coming out next month. I heard back from someone at Woodbine shortly afterward, saying they would most likely use at least one of the photos of Lily for the book. Last week they wrote to me saying they were considering using one one of the photos for the cover. Tonight I got an email from my friend Missy, telling me she saw an ad for the new edition - she recognized Lily's photo as well as my friend Megan's daughter, Ellie on the cover ! The link above sends you to the old edition, (and I can't figure out how to paste the email Missy sent me here), but I can't wait to order a copy next month.  We're pretty proud of our little princess, but she told me to tell you all she promises to not let it go to her head.

photo used for the cover of Lily signing "cat"
Book tours will begin this summer, so make sure you pre-order your copy today - ten copies will get you a skype session with Lily, 1,000 copies and Lily will fly to your city and do a photo shoot with you...

Kidding, people. We don't get any royalties from Woodbine, but how cool would that be if we did?! Just think of all the orphans I could rescue !  :)

In other news...if you know of a house for rent (or sale that is owner-carry) in Corvallis or Philomath...that would fit our little family...preferably one that feels like it's in the country... where my kids can run around like the wild crazy happy carefree angels that they are...that has a view of sheep and pastures and you can see a hundred stars at night...

yes, just like this one



Photobucket
view from our current backyard...did I mention how much I love sheep???



....could you let me know? Okay, so Sam says the sheep are not a must, but I prayed for them eight and a half years ago and I'm praying again. I'm a little spoiled when it comes to my prayers being answered - I don't need a mansion, because I know mine is coming one day when I open my eyes and find I've woken up in Heaven....but I do have a little list of hopes for a home. We need a place by the end of July, and Lily wants me to mention that something scenic where she can hold her daily photo shoots would be wonderful as well.

But on a serious note-  we are looking for a new home, and if you know of any that come even close to my description (must be in Corvallis or Philomath, sorry Nicole) please email me.  If Craigslist was a blog and it had a site meter, the blogger would be freaking out right now, wondering who in the world had visited their site 54 billion times a day the past few weeks....so don't send me links to houses listed there; believe me when I say I can recite the past 800 listings to you backwards and forwards. I know God has a house for us out there, and while it may not have sheep, I do believe there is one that will feel like home.

I so appreciate all the emails and comments from friends who've been praying for us. Sometimes when you're going through something, it just helps to know there are people who love you and care. It seems like the past two months have been a season of trials for us, but the good thing about seasons? They do have an end. And the nice thing about trials? God can turn them into gold.


 So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 1 Peter 1:6-7



Happy Friday !

13 comments:

Team Lando said...

Woodbine should have said, "If there's a book signing tour, then Ellie and Lily can hang out!"

nicole said...

Praying your new home delights you even more than your current one. I love that you love sheep! We have a goat and I love watching it graze ~ there, I admitted it!

Kimberly said...

So exciting about the book!
And we will be praying that God brings you just the right house that feels like home :)

Lori said...

Congrats Lily!!! (go see my blog ;)) Praying hard for you to find a house!!!

Jenny said...

They could not have picked a cuter kid for the cover of that book!! That's really exciting! Praying that you find a house soon :)

p.s. Loved the blog title...lol

Mrs. K said...

So sunny AZ is out of the question? Oh phooey. The Good Shepard will surely find you a place you will come to love as well. Some place even better, as His love supasses all understanding. Have Faith!! ;>)

Woodbine missed the boat! If they had used more pictures of the Lils they really would have a best seller for the pictures alone. Am I prejudice, not on your life! I am totally and unequivocally being very honest. Please give our Miss Smart Cutie a big kiss from Grammi and Papa.

Mariska said...

Can you believe I just bought that book a week ago?! I wonder if I can return it, since I'd prefer the one with Lily on it!!! Now, what did I do with that receipt...

Hope you will find a new place to live soon. Have you heard of zillow.com? It's a site where you can search for real estate for sale and for rent. You might want to check that too when doing your Craiglist searches.

Not a Perfect Mom said...

Lily's famous! I love it...

Rachel said...

I was just going to hop on and let you know that we've been praying for you...you are in our thoughts and prayers. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." He has it figured out. Let go and let God on this one and soon enough, he will reveal his plan to you:)

Leah said...

Can't wait to see them on the cover. I wonder if Cora made it in the book anywhere... :) Sending good house finding thoughts for you all.

Pam... said...

Loving your blog and the life that radiates from you. I love your humor and your upbeat attitude. I love your desire for God and that genuine depth of love for your family.
I love it that you have hopes and surround them with prayer and wait; trusting. That you are rolling with the punches but not staying down long.

I've always wondered if God would give us a Down's baby. I've even prepared for it, down to what I would say when/if that happened. Too strange, eh? Maybe because I
am an older mom (48 now) with 13 children here and 3 in heavenly places. Our youngest is 3 1/2. So, either we are done...or not. :)
But more would be fine. Any kind. I got past caring about what anyone would think even. That took a bit of prayer. But contentment is lovely and light gem also. I can be good with that if God is.
Sorry to ramble. Take care new blog friend!

cara said...

I now have to order a copy of that book. Lily is on the cover!!!!! And they could not have picked a more perfect face!!

I echo what Nicole said, "Praying your new home delights you even more than your current one."

LOVE the verse at the end of this. God is good!! He will carry you. We are ALL praying Patti. Much love to you.

Melissa said...

Love the title! We just saw Libby speak a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't realize Lily was on the cover of her new book.