Thursday, May 31, 2012

obsession

Dear Lily,



 You have a few new obsessions these days....


Your physical therapist, Bonnie, took note of one of them. She noticed the last time she came that you were completely enthralled with purses...you would rather be digging through a guest's purse, slyly pulling out cell phones and pencils and wallets, than participating in therapy. So two weeks ago, when she came again, she brought you a new purple purse and filled it with goodies from the Dollar Tree: a mirror, a puppy, a plastic cell phone, a ball, and a necklace.

Bonnie made a friend for life that day....


You go everywhere with that purse. You sort through its contents and array them in a neat semi-circle on the floor around you. You carefully place them back in your purse one by one, and quickly slip your arm through the black handle. Baby tucked under one arm, purse flung over the other, you are a girl on-the-go. You proudly walk around the house singing, going from room to room in search of people to show your treasures to. You enter the bathroom where I'm brushing my hair and hold your purse out for me to see. Unsnapping the latch, you pull out an item and tell me all about it.




"Lalalalalalalala," you say, describing whatever you're holding and dropping your baby for a moment to gesture with your other hand. You're just like your mama- you must talk with your hands. When I oooh and ahhhh over each precious item, you place them back in your purse and retrieve your baby from the floor. And off you go again, a little mother on a mission.


***********************

Obsession Number two:


You love to try on other people's clothes. If you see a pile in the laundry room, or behind your sister's door, you immediately drape whatever you find over your neck and come out to show us. For the last several months....for some strange reason... you were particularly drawn to...bras and underwear.

I am so glad you switched to your brother's t-shirts.


**************

Obsession number three:



Okay, I admit- this is Mama's obsession. I can't stop taking pictures of you. Even if I took 43 billion the hour before. But I just can't help it, because....

 

...you are such a little charmer! No wonder I have photos of you from every day of your life. Make that dozens of photos from every day of your life. I am fairly certain I have never taken so many pictures of a child as I have in the last two and a half years. 


My name is Patti and I have a Lilybird addiction. I freely admit it. 
But can you blame me?
Such cuteness is irresistible !




Loving my little obsession,

Mama oxoxoxox

19 comments:

Renee said...

It sounds like you and your baby have the same obsessions me and my baby have!! I love it! The purse is adorable and how can you not take pictures of that adorable face! I found myself taking pictures of Arya sleeping in her crib this morning. Like you said they are just too cute not to take pictures and videos of constantly. :)

CM said...

Oh my, Patti, the pictures of Lily in her crib are ADORABLE! I would not get much done with so much cuteness to admire each day!

Deanna said...

Addison is the SAME WAY with both the purse AND the clothes. Her latest is silky skirts or slips that she pulls from my closet and carries all around the house before she slips them around her neck to wear. hahaha our girls are so silly! And I can't blame you your LIlybird addiction....not one single bit. It's no wonder Russell will grow old before his time having to pick only one wifey. hehe (-:

nicole said...

There should be a book about Lily and her purple plastic purse . . . wait a minute, there IS!

cara said...

I cannot blame you at all for your Lilybird obsession!!!! And I cannot blame you for taking a million pictures. SO glad you posted these today. Sometimes all I can say is that she is just TOO CUTE for words. I LOVE all the things she does. I would be melting continually in your home.

Rochelle said...

Oh my goodness those last couple pics in her crib with her sly little smile. Priceless!

ccc said...

she really is extremely cute!

Anna Theurer said...

I LOVE the pictures of Lily with her baby and purse. Such a little mama! Ellie has a thing for stealing our clothes too and she too is into stealing my sports bras. I will be happy when she moves on to T-shirts.

Jenn said...

As cute as ever!

lovemy3 said...

Love Lily's obsessions! Those pics of her in her crib are priceless. I think it would definitely be my obsession too!

Danielle said...

The crib ones are GORGEOUS!! What a doll

Kelly Marin said...

Awwwww she is so sweet. Love the pictures!

Sylvia said...

Can you give me lessons on getting my boys to pose for photos? I have the obsession - but not as many results!

Hidalina said...

Oh Lily....you are truly a beautiful flower....love love your charming looks...

Lori said...

She is so sweet!! Kiss that little princess for me ;)

Jenny said...

We have a Lilybird addiction also :)...Love that girl!

April Vernon said...

Too cute!! I love the her pigtails!!!

Kiara Buechler said...

She really is irresistable!

Mrs. K said...

Spent the weekend in SD with Hope, Brit, Jade, Grace and Layla and had a GREAT time. Then came home to read my emails and WHOO HOO had a GREAT time viewing Lily Anne's obsessions!!! Please kiss that precious little angel for Grammi.