Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day: from my heart to yours

It's Saturday night right now...Mother's Day Eve :) This afternoon I was folding laundry and thinking about tomorrow and what a special day it is for me. I have ten beautiful children here, and four waiting for me in Heaven. This Mother's Day is a little bittersweet for me, as I would have been almost four months pregnant right now. But life is full of ups and downs, and I do believe that happiness is a choice we make. We can dwell on what could have been, or we can move forward and acknowledge all the blessings we do have. I am choosing to count my blessings.


And in doing so- I'm counting YOU.


One of the things I've loved doing since this blog began was my "mega" posts...that's what I call them, anyway. I've done them on Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, and a few times in between as well. These posts consist of photos or slideshows and usually take me days to put together - because I'm slow like that! This month has been a little crazy for me, so I had scrapped the idea of a Mother's Day post altogether last week. But then this afternoon at 3:00 I thought about tomorrow....and the thought of not doing my annual Mother's Day post just made my heart lurch. So I made a quick all-call - I thought I'd get maybe 25 photos to put in a slideshow. Instead, I received 77 - and if I missed one, please forgive me. I kept downloading photos from my email and then uploading pictures to Onetruemedia.com and even now I am worried that someone got lost in the shuffle. Thank you to every mama who sent a photo in, and if you missed my all-call this time, I promise there will be other ones in the future!

As you watch this slideshow, I hope you listen to the words...I chose this song as a tribute to all the wonderful, strong mamas I know, and I am blessed to call so many of you friends.

Happy Mother's Day from my heart to yours.......


******************

More Than You'll Ever Know
 by Watermark


Something brought you to my mind today
I thought about the funny ways you make me laugh
And yet I feel like it's okay to cry with you
Something about just being with you
When I leave I feel like I've been near God
And that's the way it ought to be...

'Cause you've been more than a friend to me
You fight off my enemies
'Cause you've spoken the Truth over my life
And you'll never know what it means to me
Just to know you've been on your knees for me
Oh, you have blessed my life
More than you'll ever know, More than you'll ever know

You had faith, when I had none
You prayed God would bring me a brand new song
When I didn't think I could find the strength to sing
And all the while I'm hoping that I'll
Do the kind of praying for you that you've done for me
And that's the way it ought to be...

You have carried me
You have taken upon a burden that wasn't your own
And may the blessing return to you
A hundredfold,
A hundredfold


'Cause you've been more than a friend to me
You fight off my enemies
'Cause you've spoken the Truth over my life
And you'll never know what it means to me
Just to know you've been on your knees for me
Oh, you have blessed my life
More than you'll ever know, More than you'll ever know


 *a word about the slideshow- if you can't see the video player above this, refresh your browser - sometimes One True Media doesn't load immediately. Also...the music runs out before the pictures do- because I had some last minute photos come in and I just could't turn them down :)


Did you see the adorable little guy at the end of the slideshow with the huge grin on his face?



His mama Julia included these words with his photo, and I had to share them with you.

This is my sweet boy, Gabriel. He has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, an AV Canal Defect and Trisomy 21. He is in the hospital right now having a hard time recovering from his heart surgery that was on April 10th. I haven't seen him awake for the past month, missing him terribly. He is 8 months old :)


I cannot imagine not seeing Lily awake for a month straight. Will you pray for Gabe, for a quick recovery ? I know his mama is so anxious to see that beautiful smile again.


And speaking of beautiful smiles....


From his mama, Sherry : Here is a recent picture of my Oliver. Even 3 months into his leukemia treatment his "perfectness" and beauty takes my breath away.


Will you pray for Oliver? You can follow his journey on his CaringBridge page (you need to create an account to view it, but it is super easy to do!) and if you'd like to donate to help defray all the costs involved with his treatment, you can do so HERE.



And finally, I just wanted to take a moment to thank one of the bestest moms on the planet- Thank you, Mom - I love you and I miss you more than words can say. oxoxox





Happy Mother's Day !!!

24 comments:

cara said...

Oh Patti- this is beautiful!!!! I do not know how you do it!! But you amaze me. LOVE, LOVE all of these precious faces. And the song is SO pretty. I woke up from sleeping; music was going off somewhere in my home. I could not go back to sleep. SO, I came here to see if you posted. And this is my first blessing on this Mother's Day. Thank you.

Of course I am praying for Gabe and Oliver!! I cannot imagine not being able to see Benji awake for that long either. I am praying for a quick recovery for Gabe. He is a doll. And so is Oliver.

Still cannot get over Benji saying Lily's name today. That was an early Mother's Day blessing. And I am honored it was Lily. That last pic of Lily is too much. She is just overflowing with cuteness in her. How can you ever resist that face???

I hope you truly have a beautiful and most blessed Mother's Day today. Praying for you. Love you. xoxo

stephanie said...

So many beauties!!! Just lovely

Happy Mothers day Patti!

Not a Perfect Mom said...

The video and made me smile
then the bottom pictures made me cry....
praying so hard for those families

Danielle said...

Beautiful song, beautiful kids! Thank you for taking the time to do a last minute post of our wonderful kiddos. What a great reminder of how we blessed we are this Mother's Day.

Crystal said...

That photo of Lily in her swimsuit just kills me!

my family said...

thank you patti, its beautiful. Do you mind if I share?
have a wonderful day

Susanna said...

Love it, Patti, thank you so much for doing this! (I shouldn't have watched it w/o tissues in hand right before I have to walk out the door!)

Anna Theurer said...

Beautiful! I am praying for Oliver and Gabriel. Happy Mother's Day to you and to all of the mama's of those sweet children in your video.

Jenny Dawn said...

It is breathtaking, Patti!!! All those amazing and beautiful children!!!! Happy Mother's Day to all you amazing moms. Oliver and Gabriel are both in our prayers. My heart hurts for their amazing mamas. Praying hard!

nicole said...

Good job with the video ~ Happy Mother's Day Patti!

I can't imagine what Gabriel's Mama feels like right now, will definitely being praying for him and Oliver.

Jenn said...

It's beautiful Patti. Sending prayers for Gabriel and Oliver as well as their families. And sending you hugs and a Happy Mothers Day from Washington.

Jenn said...

It's beautiful Patti. Sending prayers for Gabriel and Oliver as well as their families. And sending you hugs and a Happy Mothers Day from Washington.

lovemy3 said...

Oh, Patti! Absolutely beautiful!

Mrs. K said...

My cheeks hurt from grinning all through the video, then came Lily's picture with you and I lost it. Then of course, reading about Gabriel and Oliver brought even more tears. I love you oh so much and am very proud of you. Dad and I are proud of all 3 of our children. Will be praying for Gabriel and Oliver and their families!!! Love, Mom xoxoxoxoxox

eliz said...

praying for the babies who are so sick. We lost our daughter with Down Syndrome at 5 months old in '89. Her name was Joy. Thank You for adding our loves to your video!
(((HUGS)))

Heidi Ehle said...

I always always love seeing so many beautiful faces of Ds in one place. :) Happy Mother's Day Patti! I will of course be praying for those sweet babies......
Lots of love from Liddy and I!

Krista said...

Happy Mother's Day Patti!

Troy said...

Thanks for that sweet video......So precious to see our Tobin in it on his first Mother's Day in our family. Have a lovely day!

Troy

Leah said...

Reading blogs was not on my list of to-dos today. But the list got scrapped. So here I am, slowly going through a box of tissues. Thank you for the beautiful compilation. Shortly after Cora was born, one of your montage videos was saved to my favorites. I think I forwarded it to all my closest friends. Thank you, Patti, you have inspired and supported me in more ways than you know.

Jenny said...

Loved this entire post, the video had me in tears...What a wonderful blessing it is to be a Mother.

Happy Mothers Day Patti :)

Anna T said...

Happy Mother's Day Patti!! I enjoyed watching the video!!

Annie @ The House That Jade Built said...

beautiful - made me cry :) You always make me cry!

Elizabeth said...

A positively precious video! Thank you!

Lori said...

Priceless!! Love the picture of lils at the end...that one needs a frame :) Praying for Gabriel and Oliver :(