Saturday, March 3, 2012

coming up next...

In case you missed it, I am working on a post...actually a series of posts, about the new test that detects Down syndrome in the first trimester of pregnancy. I have been reading, studying, gathering stories, photos, etc. for this series...I have learned so much already.

There are so many questions surrounding this new test- how will it be administered, what implications or impact will it have on the future, is it a good thing or a bad thing that these medical advances are being made... I certainly don't pretend to be an expert on answering all of these questions, but I am doing my best to present as many facts and stories as I can, so that readers can make their own choices in regards to this test. I cannot wait to share what I've found with you.

Thank you SO much to everyone who sent me a photo of your loved one with Down syndrome, and also to those who have shared your stories about receiving a positive diagnosis of Down syndrome after amnio or CVS. I'll be sharing photos and stories in this upcoming series, as well as a "round table" discussion with other moms about this new test.

Whether you are pro-life or pro-choice, your respectful comments are welcomed here. I believe we are living in an important time for Down syndrome awareness. I hope you come back to read each part of this series and join in the discussion by leaving comments as well.

In the mean time....just a few photos of Lilybird to tide her Grammi over for the weekend :)













...and a sweet video as well... (notice her signing "Daddy" at the end for Mama...brothers, sisters, Mama, Daddy - all of Lily's loved ones get the same sign:))




Happy Weekend !

8 comments:

Penny's Peeps said...

love these pics! (and the post of course!) wyatt would have so much fun playing with dolls and the doll house with lily!!! he loves those girl toys (since we have none!) love ya!

Mrs. K said...

Lily sure must get a lot of loven as she demonstrates it so well. Give my sweet little Lily Anne a hug and kiss from Grammi and tell her something is coming in the mail in the March birthday pkg for her. Thanks for the PIXIE FIX, I am not a pretty sight when I don't get my Lily Fix!!!

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

love her! she's doing so well walking now and her signing oh boy! cant wait to read your series of posts Patti xxxxx

Rochelle said...

Adorable!

cara said...

And to tide me over for the weekend too because we would all be really sad here if we did not get our Lily fix. LOVE that video. Cannot wait to see all that you have learned about this test. xoxo

lovemy3 said...

Love the bow with the pjs :-)

Anonymous said...

So about 8% of people who have prenatal testing and find out their children have DS choose to give birth to them. Why would a new test make those people choose abortion instead? I don't think this will necessarily increase the percent of people who abort. Are you saying it will increase the number of abortions because more people will test? Do you know what percentage of babies with DS are born to parents who had no idea but would have had abortions if they'd known?

ccc said...

I just hopped on your blog after reading your post on babycenter. I too have 11 children and my # 10 is special needs--what a coincidence. I am going to come back and read your blog more thoroughly when I have more time.
Congrats on the new one!