Wednesday, February 8, 2012

mountain movers, rice pillows and instagrams

A very special someone sent me a picture Wednesday morning. I can't imagine a better one to wake up to....


If you gave to the Six Day Miracle for Charlotte, YOU helped make that picture happen. Kelly and I were messaging back and forth, and it was the most surreal feeling....because just one week ago we were messaging, and the future was a little uncertain....

Kelly: Thank you so much for helping us try to move this last mountain. We're staring down a 7K mountain for this trip and a 10K mountain for the last trip. I'm doing my best and trying to keep the faith...knowing that a beautiful blue-eyed girl waits for me.


Patti: Oh Kelly, my heart just breaks for you. I wish I had the 17k to give you myself, but I have seen so many miracles this past year that I know God can do this.
Hang in there and wave to yourself in the future- the Kelly who is holding her beautiful little girl on her lap again and looking back on this roller coaster ride:) You'll get there! oxox


That was last Tuesday...and look what God did for Kelly....

    (Charlotte's pout when it was time for Kelly to leave)



So today's messages looked a little different than last week's...


Patti: AGGGGH I'm a sobbing mess !!!! SHE IS GORGEOUS !!!


Kelly: It was one of the best moments of my life. We were sitting in the director's office looking at her pictures from her birthday party...and the door opened. She peeked around the door and saw me sitting here. She screamed "Mama! Mama!" and ran at me, sliding all the way across the floor in her tights. She grinned. I cried.


What an amazing God we serve. He can take a pretty big mountain and move it in the blink of an eye.

Do you have any mountains that need to be moved? I hope you hang onto the Six Day Miracle that happened in a day and a half. Because that same God can do a miracle in your life today. He's big like that.

Please keep checking Kelly's blog for the winners to her Covered for Charlotte giveaway- she told me that she has drawn names and will be posting them on her blog shortly.

And don't forget about Charlotte's Basket Party that is going on all month. All of my commission will be going to the Dirkes family...we are still pushing to get them fully funded by next month- Gotcha Day for Charlotte will be March 17th. You can donate to the Dirkes family on their Family Sponsorship Page on Reece's Rainbow as well. Let's finish the job !

Thank you so much for all of the encouragement through emails and in the comment section about Lily's upcoming ear tubes surgery. It really helps to know how many other moms have been through this, and what to expect, and I can't wait to see her face when she hears what she's been missing :)




One more bit of good news for today...


Remember Etsy shop June34 from Lily's birthday giveaway week?  They sell adorable boutique goodies like the hot/cold pack pictured above that comes in your choice of scent: cinnamon spice, eucalyptus, or lavender & chamomile.  For the month of February June34 is offering a 15% discount to Lily's readers, just by using the code PERFECTLILY at checkout. I'm going to use that code on some lavender rice packs, because apparently we Rice's are very good at blowing up corn pillows in the microwave. ahem.


And here is my attempt at an Instagram collage, lol. I know they are the latest rage for iPhones but I have to tell you...I could never part with my very ancient but beloved flip phone. I hate touch screens and I love my keyboard and I just want my phone to be a phone and my computer to be a computer. I'm one of those weird old fashioned moms who uses my cd player because I don't like iPods. But I will pretend I know how to create an Instagram just so I can sort of fit in online. Ha.

Photobucket

Happy Thursday !

12 comments:

cathy said...

Great job on the instagram--I do not know how to use them either & the boys are "threatening" to get me one for my birthday!

Beautiful post, Patti, the mountain WILL be moved for Charlotte!!

Ear surgery WILL be fine just think about the after part

xoxo
cathy

Mandy said...

I'm so thrilled for them, Patti! Charlotte is just beautiful and worth every dollar and tear spent to get to her.

Lori said...

Have no clue what an instagram is...an ipod - I have seen one...an iphone - no clue...I am one of those moms that only texts - Sprint hates me because I am the only customer still on their text only plan and they can't get rid of the plan because I refuse to spend money on a phone or plan I wont understand or use half the functions on...love all the pictures and we are praying for Lily's surgery...it is going to be GOOD!!

Shauna said...

what's an iPhone? I'm stuck in the dark ages too and I like it that way :) you could have fooled me with the instagram though....I actually thought "what Patti got an iPhone" before I read your words ;p

Crystal said...

Okay, I'm 26, still use a flip phone and a CD player, don't have an iPhone or iPod or anything else that starts with an "i", wish my phone to be a phone and my computer to be a computer......does that mean that I'm going to turn out just like you in a few years? Because I'm more than okay with that. :-)

Jenny said...

Why, I think your Instagram turned out lovely :)...And I am with you on the phone and computer thing! I cannot keep up with all these new gadgets, I don't even want to try! lol

Tommie said...

I just started reading your blog a couple of months ago and have never commented. I did want to say that you inspired me to make a New Year's Resolution this year to give whatever $$ I have to Reece's Rainbow and adopting families in hopes of making a difference in the lives of orphans. My daughter is five years old. She has 5p- syndrome. I look at those pictures of those beautiful babies and I think that if my daughter had been born in Eastern Europe, I'd have been pressured to walk away from her. It breaks my heart. She's the love of my life (well, she and her nine year old typical sister, and okay, their dad :-) I feel so very lucky to be her mother, just as I can see that you feel that way about your perfect Lily. And as far as the tubes go? Piece of cake. We had tubes put into O's ears (our 5p- girl) when she was eight months old due to chronic ear infections and it was the best thing we could have done for her.

April Vernon said...

I love to see how God uses you to help Him show his power in our lives! Great instagram-style pics! I have never used it either!

cara said...

Get this- I do not even have a cell phone. Well, I have one of those old cell phones that you can purchase minutes for. But I left it at a friend's house months ago. Still use a CD player too. I am really in the dark ages. Jon does have cell phone that I can use to text, etc. though if I need to.

Oh, what a joy it is to see Charlotte with her mommy!!!! I cannot tell you how much this blesses me. I cannot wait until she is able to bring her home.

Perfect pictures of A Perfect Lily!! As I was typing A Perfect Lily to get here, Abigail was waiting for it to open to see Lily. She said, "She is perfect."

Will keep praying for all of you!!

Anonymous said...

When is Charlotte's court date? And do you know the time it will start in Nashville TN time?

Patti said...

YAY for all the non-iphone users, ha! flip phone users unite:)

Crystal- you are just too sweet, we must meet up some day in Salem!

Tommie- I am so glad you commented, I love "meeting" new readers- and what a beautiful New Years resolution. I've never heard of 5p syndrome? I'll have to look that up. I am hearing SO much about great results with tubes, it's getting so exciting thinking about what Lily will be able to hear!

Lori- lol, I'm calling sprint and telling them to sign me up for their old plan, thanks to you;)

Anonymous- I'm not sure, but I do know the court date is posted (in a count down style gadget) on the Dirkes's blog...

Allen Smith said...

It is going to be GOOD!!
Dallas Moving Company