Sunday, February 19, 2012

daisies, ice vipers, and flip phones

I am so excited about this post- I cannot wait to share a special offer with you, because it's something we've had in the works for a few months, and I just love how the finished product turned out.



But I first wanted to thank every one of you who commented or emailed me about my last post, Enough. I was pretty nervous about publishing it; I'm very aware that there are pregnant women coming to read about what the future might hold for them, and I hesitate sometimes in writing about some of the challenges we face as parents of children with special needs. But I think it's important that as parents we present all sides- that life can be difficult at times, and not everything is sunshine and roses on this journey...and yet at the same time, being Lily's mama is more rewarding than I ever dreamed possible.

I was deeply moved reading all of your emails and comments regarding that post...my heart goes out to every single one of you, and I am so thankful and blessed to know that hitting "publish" turned out to be a good thing. Writing for me has always been very cathartic, and judging by your response, reading about someone else's dreams and desires can be equally so. We think we're so alone sometimes, don't we? Each one of us has our own issues of insecurity or guilt or self-doubt when it comes to parenting, and yet I'm finding that more often than not those feelings are universal.


So now for the fun! Last summer one of Lily's readers, Jennifer, contacted me about an online store she was starting, featuring custom silhouette wall art. She offered to do a silhouette of Lily, and I am absolutely thrilled with the result.....



Jennifer literally worked for weeks with me on this silhouette- it was not easy to get Lily to sit still for a profile shot, so I originally sent one that I took of Lily taking a bath in the sink. When I realized her hair looked a little too stringy as a result, Jennifer completely started over on a new photo...she went the extra mile to make sure I was absolutely satisfied with the finished product- a keepsake I will treasure for years to come.



Custom Silhouette 5x7



 Jennifer's online store, Early Spring Daisies, features classic, elegant, personal canvases.  Choose from silhouettes, quotes, names and initials, all custom made to order.

For the month of February and March, Early Spring Daisies is offering Lily's readers a ten percent discount off all products by using the code PERFECTLILY at checkout.

In addition to this offer, Jennifer is donating 35% of her profit for the month of February to the Bailey family, who is adopting Carlton from Reece's Rainbow....



...check out Early Spring Daisies and make sure to use the code PERFECTLILY for 10% off your order!


*****************************


I have just a few photos of Lily to post today- these were taken at my boys' basketball game a few weeks ago. Lily has the same enthusiasm for sports that she does for praise and worship at church- if there is cheering or clapping going on, she absolutely must take part. As soon as she hears the crowd going wild, she throws her hands in the air and starts yelling along. I love watching her clap her hands furiously, as well as seeing the ecstatic grin on her face - I don't remember any of my children cheering as loudly or as enthusiastically at this age. In fact at this very moment, my husband is leading our kids in their good night prayers and Lily is literally stealing the show, bowing her head, clasping her hands and "praying" verrrry loudly.

Love.this.girl.


Okay, well actually she looks pretty subdued in these pictures, but don't let that fool you. I was a cheerleader back in the day, and I have no doubt Lily will be begging for a pair of pom poms in just a few years as well. Go Ice-Vipers !!!!!



Can't remember if I posted this one, but Lily was bustin' some moves out on Valentine's Day. While she may have inherited her cheerleading skills from me, she definitely got the dancing genes from her daddy.    teehee:)



Lily and her favorite brother...well, he's in the top seven ...











And again, my imitation Instagram collage. I'll even put my imitation Instagram Collage explanation underneath, for all my fellow flip-phone users who (like me) refuse to join the 21st century...


Flip-phone collages are made by sending individual photos from your ancient flip-phone to your email. Open each photo in your email and right click to save...painstakingly upload each one to photobucket.com and create a collage. Choose the retro setting and fade your collage just a tad to give it that imitation Instagram look. Round the corners and right click and save to your desktop. Voila ! Soon all your friends will be begging their husbands for a flip-phone too!!!


Happy Monday !!!

14 comments:

Team Lando said...

Your instagram-fakey explanation made my day!

Mandy said...

I love the last picture of Lily "texting" :)

just gina said...

Hi, Patti. I, too, wanted to leave a comment about your "Enough" post. I didn't get to it, but did finally decide to officially follow Lily after several months of checking in. My sweet little one, Vincent, is six months younger than Lily. It has been an amazing blessing. Embrace your dear girl as the precious gift she is. I know you do. While she may not be the same as the others, she has something else that makes her even more special. She lives in the "present moment", a part of the Eternal Present of God. It's a beautiful thing. God bless...

Anna Theurer said...

excellent flip-phone instagram collage!

Crystal said...

I don't even take photos with my flip phone...and I'm 26! :-)

lovemy3 said...

I love Lily "typing" away on the phone. She looks so serious!

nicole said...

Hey, I was a cheerleader too back in the day! And I can still do the splits, not that I'm bragging (okay, I am). Love the flip phone instagram ~ you're a hoot!

Lily, send me a text.

Mrs. K said...

Just got back from Dead Horse Ranch in Cottonwood and had to open my email to see if my Lils was there. Sure enough Grammi got her Lily fix. YAY!!! Now gotta go unpack the trailer. Will be back for a longer visit. Love ya all.

My Little Wonders said...

Patti, I love your blog, but your imitation instagram takes the cake! :)

teal915 said...

I have a track phone from WalMart, so your flip phone looks like cutting edge compared to mine. I can't even take pictures on mine lol. Anyway, loved Lily's dance moves! Too cute.

Leah said...

I too am a flip phone gal. Love it!

cara said...

Precious post- I love when you spoil us with fun facts about Lily!! She looks like she is growing; her pigtails are getting so long.

Joey said...

what brand is your phone? i love it!:)

Andi at Bringing the Sunshine said...

Nathan is also an uber-enthusiastic clapper. On Monday, the 50th anniversary of John Glenn's orbiting the earth I decided to watch "The Right Stuff." There's a scene in a hangar where they introduce the original seven Mercury astronauts to a roomful of people/press and the cheering and clapping goes on for what seems like forever. He was in his element! He clapped through the whole scene - and it wasn't like he had been watching the movie!