Wednesday, February 22, 2012

asking for prayer

...for my Lilybird. I do realize that surgery to have ear tubes put in is so minor compared to what so many of you mamas have gone through. But it's still a first for us, and it makes me nervous having my baby put under. I had several little meltdowns today (Babycenter moms know why, but I'll save the complaints about the insensitive ENT until after her surgery). It is so nice to know there are many friends out there praying for our girl.

Tomorrow I'm going to focus on the fact that tubes are going to help her hear well for the first time...I just can't wait to see her face when she does:)

This is just a quick video of her signing cookie- we taught it to her yesterday, and she had it down today. Sweet little girl is signing it furiously as I type and refusing her nightly snack of cheerios...I think we may have created a cookie monster here...




That's all for tonight...
Lily can't nurse after 2:45 a.m. and this is the main cause of my (little) anxieties...she gets the tubes in at 8:45 a.m., so I would really appreciate prayers for that window of time. She's two, but she nurses as much as a 6 month old... only she knows how to sign "nurse" and "please"....yikes.

Pray for me too, if you think of it!



:)

17 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm not very good about being awake in the middle of the night, but you and Lily will certainly be in my prayers tonight and in the morning. Thanks for letting us know!

Crystal said...

It will be all right. Looking forward to the good reports, and praying Lily's stomach stays full. :-)

Mandy said...

Praying for you and Lily this morning. I know, it's hard for your Mama's heart, but it will be over soon. Hang in there and know that we've got you covered!

We Can Do All Things said...

We are praying for Lily!

cathy said...

prayers & love, lots of them

xoxo
cathy

nicole said...

Will definitely pray for little Lily and Mama.

Gilda said...

Keep you and Lily in my prayers today.

Julia said...

Course I'm praying!!!

Deanna said...

Of course we're praying for Lilybird! (and for you...it's not easy being the one waiting!) Can't wait to hear about the world of sound opening up for her. (-:

my family said...

praying for peace and a quick procedure, it is never easy to send their littles off to surgery

Mrs. K said...

Grammi and Papa are praying. Please give Miss Lily Anne a great big hug, kiss and cookie from us.

Krista said...

Of course Patti! Praying for both of you.

GAMZu said...

Good luck on the surgery! I know how you feel- my Adi needs an MRI and dental surgery, both of which she has to be put under anesthesia. Yes, I know it's relatively minor, but it's not minor for me! Praying that it will all go smoothly!

Oh- and Lily is so good at signing! That was a nice sign for cookie. :)

Becca said...

Good luck today - hoping for an easy procedure and speedy recovery!!

Ugh, I saw your post about the ENT. What a jerk. Sorry his bedside manner doesn't match his talent. :-(

DeAnn said...

Continued prayers for you all this morning. <3 And it doesn't matter how big or little the proceedure, she is your girl, and your everything.

Leah said...

Hoping she's in and out. Based on what time it is, if they're running on schedule she should be just about done! Hoping your little Bird wakes up to some good mama loving and some nursing. (Don't let those nurses tell you not to nurse her!) Hugs and prayers!

barronfamilyus said...

Hope all is OK with you and Lily! It can be very hard to have to stand by and wait for any procedure.