Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lily's Birthday Party

I think every one of my posts from this week has started out with the words, "This is going to be super quick, because..." ...but that's just how life is rolling these days. So this post is no different- my brother-in-law is still in town and has graciously taken all of my children to the mall and swimming (?!?!) so Lily and I have a morning alone together. Consequently, I am not going to squander this rare opportunity on writing captions for each picture, because they speak for themselves anyway!

I have to give credit to my daughter Mackenzie for most of these photos..she took them and edited them, which is why you'll see me in some of them! I think she handed the camera to Tyler for the ones she's in (that would be her, suspended by balloons 3 feet above the ground, with my daughter-in-love Monique, because what birthday party doesn't end with cool tricks like that?!) I also don't normally take photos of food and beverages, but Mackenzie can make anything look exciting, even 12 liters of soda, as you'll see below.

Lily's second birthday party was held at our church, after a revival service- we don't normally wear ties and dresses to a two year old's party. It was celebrated a day late, thanks to a nasty stomach virus passing through our house, but the birthday girl didn't have a clue and was just as happy to dive into her pink frosted cake as she would have been on her actual birth date.

Thank you so much for all the warm wishes for a happy birthday for our girl- I wish all of you could have been there to sing to her and celebrate with us. Some day when she's old enough I'm going to read her all the comments on her birthday posts, so she knows how very loved she is:)








*Jackson, fully recovered from the stomach bug;  Jason and my favorite grandbaby K



*my grandbaby to the left, Abigail to the right

not quite sure how to blow out the candles...

*my daughter-in-love Naomi holding the birthday girl; Uncle Joe and Lily

                                 *Jonathan and Tyler

*Caleb and my daughter-in-love, Monique

*Mackenzie and Monique








LOVE these photos....

The End :)

23 comments:

Becky from WI said...

Looks like she had a wonderful birthday! Happy Birthday sweet girl!!

barronfamilyus said...

Happy Birthday to Lily :)

Elissa said...

What a great birthday party! Lily looks SO precious, of course your whole family is so precious. :-) Happy Birthday Miss Lily!

Mrs. K said...

My favorite picture is Jackson peeking over the edge of the table. The look on his face is so funny...made Grammi laugh. Love those of Lils and her presents. But the picture that has me speechless (and that is very hard) is how in the world can those skinny girls jump so high? Oh I get it the balloons are pulling them up. Tyler and Jon Jon look sort of guilty...like the photographer caught them eating. Just look at Tyler...I wonder what he is thinking. And Jon Jon is trying to hide a laugh...this picture also makes me laugh. It makes me think of "the cat that swallowed the canary."

Jonana said...

That one where she's loving on that little pink stuffed pig is so sweet! But, ok, here is the main thing (sadly) that I gleaned from these pictures--I LOVE Squirt! I had actually kind of forgotten about it. I don't think they sell it here anymore because I never see it. Sigh...
Ok, back to the important stuff, I'm so glad everybody was healthy and able to have the party. Happy Birthday, Lily!

Gilda said...

I love the pics! so glad you all were able to have the Birthday Party...I love all the pics but my favorite ones has to be the ones where Lily is loving on her gifts PRECIOUS!

SolaceMama said...

What? You live there? As long as I have had your blog in my reader, I never knew that. I will be watching for you... (not in a creepy sort of way!) I am I town so often!

Happy Birthday Lily! You make me smile every time I see your picture.

Deb said...

Such beautiful people in Lily's life... lucky girl! Hope she enjoyed her special day!

cathy said...

Oh Patti, Looks like a BEAUTIFUL party filled with LOVE
wish I was there!!

xoxo
cathy

Rochelle said...

Looks like a great celebration of a beautiful life!

Deanna said...

awwwww, I just want to give the birthday girl a big hug. Seriously so cute! (glad someone else had the camera so that you could get your young looking self in some pics!)

My Little Wonders said...

Happy, happy birthday Lily!! :)

Mandy said...

So much fun! The cake looked super yummy. You have a beautiful family. Glad everyone was well enough to celebrate Lily :)

cara said...

I am SO glad you all were able to have her party. It looks like she was having a ball. How fun!!! Wish we could have been there.

Denise Mom of 4 Amazing Kids said...

What a cutie! Happy b-day little princess!!!

Nettiema *RamblingsfromaMotherof3* said...

Happy Happy Birthday BABY...Godbless x0x0

Leah said...

Glad she had a nice birthday party! Love the pictures!

Lori said...

Oh I love lily's face wehen she is opening her presents and eating cake - sooooo sweet!!!

Meriah said...

Happy birthday, Lily, and Birthing Day, Mama! Your children are simply lovely. xox

Laura said...

Happy birthday beautiful Lily!

mrsodie2 said...

Happy birthday, Lily!

Melissa said...

Ok, now I'm super late, but I still wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY!!!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Lily! You are such a beautiful little girl!!