Friday, January 20, 2012

Dreams Change

I have a confession to make.

I have 381 blogs on my Blogger dashboard.

And those don't even include all the blogs from Wordpress that I follow.

Yes, I'm addicted to blogs.

But I have another confession to make.

I don't read every single post on every blog. And it's not because they aren't interesting or wonderful, because they are. There just aren't enough hours in the day to devote to reading all of them!

But there is one blog  I always read. Every.single.post. My friend Deanna has such a way with words, that even when she doesn't post pictures, I am captivated. And when she does post pictures of her beautiful kids, it makes reading that much more worth it. Because her kids are two of the most adorable kids on the planet. And I say that as a mom of ten extremely adorable kids.

I don't think you'd like to read my blog without pictures...I admit it's probably the photos of my adorable girl that keep people coming back! And I'd be willing to bet a lot of you don't even read the words here, you just scroll through the photos, don't you? DON'T YOU??!?! I know you do. Because I inserted a ridiculous statement into one of my last giveaways about Scentsy products being a wonderful alternative to sooty messy candles that could start house fires and potentially ruin everything you have. And not one person left a comment saying that was funny! (I do the same thing to Sam when I know he's not listening..."And Jackson and Lily were playing so sweetly together today and then the house caught on fire..." and he never reacts and voila! Proof that he wasn't listening;))


SOOOO...all of that to say, you will not fall asleep reading Deanna's words. She always has something to say, and this time she's put it into book form.




click the photo..it's a link:)

I've only just started reading Dreams Change, (available for Kindle or download on Amazon.com) and I'm hooked. I love Deanna's transparency about her initial reaction to a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome. You won't find a glossed over version of life here, no overly simplistic view of parenting with special needs. Because honestly, what draws me into Deanna's writing is her ability to describe the very real challenges we face as moms of children with Down syndrome. What you'll find is one mom's journey from grief to joy, as her baby girl teaches her the meaning of perfect love. And at $1.99 you can buy one for yourself and one for a friend.


And just because I know some of you might be skipping over the words, here is your Lily fix for the day...


Now go check out Dreams Change !!

22 comments:

lovemy3 said...

For the record, yes I do read your words! I remember skimming over the Scentsy post when I was half asleep and didn't stay awake long enough to comment. I'm very grateful for your blog and comments. Reading it helped me very early on...when I needed those reminders that life would be fine. Your words and pics of Lily showed me that. I've been loving the pics of Lily "writing" in the workbooks! She always looks so serious.

Mrs. K said...

You know, of course, that your dear ole Mom does not gloss over your words. Was that supposed to be funny about the soot and the fire? My sense of humor missed out on that one. Thanks for my "daily Lils" and now I will go back to click on Dreams Change. Hug my little monkey for me and all her siblings too. BTW Sam is not different from any other man when it comes to listening to his wife.

Renee said...

This is my first visit to your blog. I know what you mean about only having so many hours in the day to read blogs. I always read Enjoying the Small Things and Irish Italian Blessings, but it's hit or miss with the rest of them. I love the picture of Lilly you post on Facebook and am looking forward to following your blog!

Thanks for the recommendation for Dreams Change also...I'll have to go check that one out too! :)

nicole said...

Your words and Lily's pictures are tied for first in my book. Thanks for sharing a new blog with us!

SolaceMama said...

I did read that. In my reader. which I don't think makes it easy to comment from. But anyway, I honestly don't know enough about Scentsy to have a clue what you meant. I thought it was candles. But decided I must be wrong based on that comment. I know some people have huge issues with candles for a wide variety of *ehem* interesting ideas. Guess my humor is just all worn out...

Thanks for the Lily fix. :D Do you have the RR Calender? The January baby and Lily could be sisters.

Patti said...

I don't get that calendar, who is the January baby?

Becca said...

Love the Lily fix!! Love Deanna's blog, too. Gotta get that download this weekend...I'm assuming (oh, so untechnical, I am!) I can put it on my Android tablet??

Marci said...

Oh, Patti, I read your words! So inspiring! You are captivating as well, don't ever think otherwise! The Lily (et.al.) pictures are a very sweet bonus.

Rachel said...

WE read....but like you said...not enough hours in the day to read AND comment on them all. Your Lily is a favorite and we keep coming back for more:) She's getting SO big now.

Katrina said...

I read too :) And used to comment a lot but then started following way to many to comment on them all. But I am very grateful for all the wonderful Lily pictures too.

Katrina
Carlene's soon to be momma :)
www.operationorphannomore.blogspot.com

Julia said...

.....Because I inserted a ridiculous statement into one of my last giveaways about Scentsy products being a wonderful alternative to sooty messy candles that could start house fires and potentially ruin everything you have....

Hey - I agreed.... candles are messy and we almost had a fire here when someone put their book bag too close to the candle so... I just read that statement and nodded my head!!!! So there!!

Julia said...

And P.S. I thought I was your favorite blogger!!!!!!!

Day to Day Mama said...

The pictures of Lily ARE adorable and steal the show but I read too! I'm just too lazy/busy/usually nursing at the same time so I only have one hand.

cara said...

LOVE the photos!! Her cake was beautiful. I DO read ALL of your words!!! I have skimmed some, but NOT yours. I truly am inspired by what you write.

Allison said...

I READ the words!!!!

Janie Fox said...

I read but don't always comment . I whip in and whip out. Lily is really beautiful but I do read your words :)
I am off to download this book!

SolaceMama said...

January Baby is Ivy Lim.

Anna Theurer said...

Hi Patti, I do read your words. I just don't always comment :)

Laura said...

I just read about Deanna and sweet Addison in my college alumni magazine which came yesterday. Then to see the same person featured here. What a great surprise! I'm heading over to check out her blog.

Lori said...

What a great idea, to close a chapter of your life by putting it in a book to help others....so awesome!!

Race Bannon said...

...that's nice darling.

er...Pat...I WAS listening! Er, Reading!

Bethany said...

'tis my same problem. lol. then i go awol because i get overwhelmed.