Thursday, December 8, 2011

my crazy little life

This was me last night, right before running my family out the door for church...


Check gmail for something from Julie to see if she met Peter and Ty yet and has a video to share..



Put Lily's hair in pigtails, help Jackson get his shirt over the cast on his arm, make sure the dishwasher is started...


Check gmail for something from Julie to see if she met Peter and Ty yet and has a video to share..



Throw make-up on, iron Noah's clothes, ask Caleb and Jonathan to take the garbage out to the street, throw clothes in the dryer...




Check gmail for something from Julie to see if she met Peter and Ty yet and has a video to share..



Tell Tyler to start the van and get it warm, help Josiah find his dress shoes because he's moving out and we think we packed them already, remind Sam about details about Josiah's wedding this Sunday...





Check gmail for something from Julie to see if she met Peter and Ty yet and has a video to share..



Text Mackenzie to see if she's coming home before church, put the dog in the laundry room so she doesn't squat on my freshly cleaned carpets while we're gone, ask Abigail to put Lily's jacket on..


Check gmail for something from Julie to see if she met Peter and Ty yet and has a video to share..



Run out the door to the van, realize I forgot my cell phone, run back in to grab it..



Check gmail for something from Julie to see if she met Peter and Ty yet and has a video to share..



And then after we got home, ate a late dinner, and went to bed with cell phone (that gets gmail)...

Check gmail for something from Julie to see if she met Peter and Ty yet and has a video to share.. 

repeat, repeat repeat...

2 a.m.

3 a.m.

4 a.m.

...you get the picture.


 Can someone please tell these families to try to schedule their glorious first meetings of the orphans we've been advocating for at a time when I don't have twenty relatives coming to town today and tomorrow for my son's wedding this weekend? This is all about ME isn't it??!




I finally got a message from Julie this morning at 6:30 that she got to see the boys for 10 wonderful minutes- they're amazing- and she left the camera with the video she took in their facilitator's car. She'll get it back tomorrow.



And no, I didn't cry. I just laughed, because that is SO something I would do:) And that is so typical of life. Just a little crazy and just a little anti-climactic at times.



So while you're all waiting with me to see that beautiful meeting of Julie and her husband and their boys, maybe you could pray for this little frazzled mama here who obsesses about the orphans she blogs for in the midst of a deliciously insane life. It's all good, I promise.
*lily and my grand baby:)
 
 
I just need some sleep!

Be back soon sometime with video!!

P.S. Don't forget about our Pure Love Giveaway 2!!

10 comments:

Mrs. K said...

1 more day!!!!

Julie said...

Lily looks PRECIOUS holding your grandbaby (who is also precious, omg!). Seriously, she needs a baby brother/sister. Just sayin'. :)

Rochelle said...

Praying for your wonderfully full life!

Jennifer said...

That picture is SO stinkin' adorable! Lily looks so grown up and proud! Love it!!!

lovemy3 said...

Two gorgeous little ones!!!!

Naomi Rice said...

You and Danielle! Always stealing my pics and then giving me no credit!! Sheeeesh!! =)

Anna Theurer said...

You crack me up. I have been cyber stalking Julie too :)

Melissa said...

I was checking like crazy for updates too!

Janie Fox said...

All in the day of a momma. You crack me up. Looking forward to the video and can't wait to hear all about the wedding. Relax and get some sleep! Yeah, maybe in January ,right?

Laura said...

So funny! And so me too! Loved this post!
...and Lily's pig tails are so cute. :)