Thursday, November 10, 2011

angel tree competition

If you've never heard of the Angel Tree on Reece's Rainbow, this post is for you.




Grab This!

The goal of the Angel Tree is to raise $1000 or more as an adoption grant for each waiting child with Down syndrome listed.
From November 1-December 31 each year,
 the Christmas Angel Tree is Reece's Rainbow's most important fundraiser.

In only five years, more than 500+ children with Down syndrome and other special needs are HOME with their "forever families" this Christmas. The vast majority of this funding comes from the Angel Tree Project each year! 



When you donate $35 or more, you will receive a beautiful photo ornament of your sponsored child to hang on your tree. This is a very special way to "share Christmas" with an orphaned child, and it's a very personal and meaningful GIFT IDEA for everyone on your list. Gift cards will be sent with the ornament to your intended recipient(s). These are great for friends and family, but also for teachers, therapists, caregivers, doctors, etc. Even if you do not celebrate Christmas, gift cards make wonderful gifts for Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or any other seasonal celebration. International sponsors are welcome through Paypal.

If you haven't had a chance to "see" the Angel Tree, you can do so HERE.

And towards the top of the tree you will see my little angel, Artem...



Only the picture you see will not be the one above, because that was Artem's first Angel Tree picture. When he was a baby. Artem has been on that Angel Tree too many years. It's time for him to graduate!


As an Angel Tree warrior, it's my job to get my angels to the top of that tree..because if you take a peek you'll notice that as the children's grants grow larger, they are moved to a new "tier" on the tree. Five little angels have already found families during the Angel Tree project . AMAZING.
And if you knew me in real life, you would know that I am just a little competitive. 
In a nutshell- I have to get my angels to the top of the tree.

I told Michelle Z I feel like I'm in a race with the other warriors out there to move my angels to the top. LOL.
I know they put that whole tree together just so I would feel that way.
I do my best blogging under pressure, don't you know??

There's another little angel who I'm a warrior for, and she is just below Artem's level....





Little Robyn has a nice starting chunk in her grant fund, but it's my job to raise that chunk to at least a thousand dollars. Wouldn't you just love a little ornament on your Christmas Tree with these little angels' happy faces staring back at you???


You can donate to Artem and Robyn right here on my sidebar using the nifty Paypal boxes sent to me by my sweet friend at RR, Michelle Z (who loves me so much she also sent me THE cutest crib skirt ever!)

I just made your Christmas shopping so much easier...because we all have those relatives or loved ones in our lives who we want to buy for, but we can't think of anything because "they have everything." Aunt Mildred, Cousin Bob, whoever. I have them, and I know you do too. Wouldn't Aunt Mildred love an Angel Tree ornament on her tree this year- knowing her gift actually went to saving a child?

Donate to Artem and Robyn today. Give Aunt Mildred the gift that keeps on giving.


12 comments:

Michelle Z said...

You know that crib skirt was for Lily, and not you, right?? ;)

Michelle Z said...

You worry me, Patti! LOL

A competition!? And yet ... I can't help but feed your insanity. If you get both those kids to the top tier I'll give you a prize! It might only be a picture of my big hair days from high school, but I'll give you something...

Patti said...

a big hair picture??? omg talk about kicking it up a notch. now I HAVE to win!!

Michelle Z said...

I'll even let you blog it.

LOL!!

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

oh girls you crack me up! go patti! xx

nicole said...

Donated to for sweet little Robyn. I have one of those big hair pictures, too ~ it would make you jealous!

Stori said...

Lady, Aslan is on the MOVE! Did you just see Artem's fund go up to almost $20,000!!!!!!! I check his page all the time.

Stori said...

OH MY GOSH!!! $22,000!!!!

Patti said...

WHAT?!?!?!

Stori said...

I keep checking it. Its still there! God is able to do abundantly more than we could ever ask or IMAGINE!

Jody said...

I like to read (and love love love it!)your blog but I am not sure about this Artem situation. Are you saying there is money that has been collecting to fund the adoption, but now a family needs to act on it? It's a bit confusing to me as a new reader.....and I am in need of a quick-study on how ARTEM is finally going to get a family.

L.A.C.E. said...

I have nothing to donate at this time. But please know I pray for Atrem's forever family all the time. He and Jane's Francine are never far from my thoughts.