Friday, October 21, 2011

lilybird's nest

This is going to be a massive photo dump...because I am posting this at midnight, and we are going on a family field trip to the Roloff Family Farms tomorrow!! So I'll quick post photos and a brief explanation, and then Lily and I are hitting the hay.

I finally set up Lily's crib the other day. Up until now she's been sleeping in a co-sleeper next to our bed. She and her sister Abigail technically share a room, where Abbi's bed and all their toys and clothes are...but because she still nurses at night, I want her crib in the sitting room that is off of our master bedroom. That room is actually my scrapbooking room, and Sam had his office in there too until recently. Our church remodel is finally finished, and now he has his own office there. Sooo, Abbi's old crib got pulled out of storage and all her old crib bedding freshly laundered- and even though I purchased it nine years ago off ebay, I am STILL stoked about my pottery barn steal:) I washed everything in Dreft and set it all up...and you should have seen the look on Lilybird's face when we put her in her princess crib~ pure magic.








*Grammi: when you get back from gallivanting across the country, could you please sew a crib skirt for Lily?? Pretty please??






And speaking of stoked, I am STILL on cloud nine about our sweet Artem's grant fund which is now at ELEVEN THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN DOLLARS!!


I had a lovely time on yahoo chat with Andrea Roberts today, who is equally thrilled at what is happening for Artem. A HUGE thank you to all of you who have been faithfully giving to and praying for Artem- since we completely surpassed our goal of ten thousand dollars for the month of October, and we still have ten days left to go...I say we shoot for even more!! What do you say?!

Please do not forget to leave a comment if you have donated to Artem this month, so that you can be entered to win one of three autographed copies of Ann Voskamp's beautiful book One Thousand Gifts...

or a $50 gift card to Target


or a $50 gift card to Amazon





The bigger Artem's grant fund grows, the greater his chance of a family finding him soon!


So please pray pray pray, friends, and keep spreading the word-

21 comments:

Leah said...

Hooray!

Team Lando said...

Lily is adorable, and I am amazed at what you guys have done for Artem. Praying he has a forever family soon!

cathy said...

AMAZING

xoxo
cathy

ps & you were thinking of NOT blogging anymore!!!!!

Lori said...

So so awesome...cannot wait for the boys to find out, we have been praying so hard!!!

Ginger said...

I think that's my favorite header so far. And thank you for obliging me and putting Lily's hair in pigtails all the time. You'll just do anything for your faithful readers, won't you? ;)

Anna Theurer said...

Lily is adorable as always! I think she likes her new crib :) It certainly looks snuggly!

teal915 said...

Gasp! Are you going to the Little People Big World farm! I want to go! haha. I used to watch their show when it was on. When the show ended, Matt and Amy didn't seem like they were on the best of terms, but I hope it all worked out. Sounds like SO much fun!

Love Lily's crib too. Kamdyn's room is decorated with a butterfly theme and pink, green, and blue. I found an adorable crib bumper at a consignment shop. 2 nights ago I had a horrible nightmare that had me jumping out of bed in the middle of the night to make sure Kamdyn was ok. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep if I left the bumper in, so I took it down. Stinkin' nightmare ; )

Toyin O. said...

Lily is adorable:)

j*e*n said...

Looks like Lily is really enjoying her new digs! How fun!!

And I donated to sweet Artem. Praying his family finds him soon!

The Harvin Family said...

Oh I am so happy! Been checking everyday to see how Artem is doing. I gave twice since we started his give away. Sweet boy needs a home!

Jennifer said...

Love the pics - and totally jealous that you're going to Roloff Farms! I've always wanted to go! :) It's so close....yet I've never been! I actually have a friend who's family owns a pumpkin patch just down the road from Roloff Farms - so if the crowd is too crazy, you can always go to Plumper's Pumpkins! :)

Patti said...

thanks, Jennifer, I will write that down just in case!

Line-Marie said...

Just donated to sweet Artem :)

And Lily, you are just so adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Just donated again!:) Watching his fund grow and waiting to see who is famiy maybe! Keeping him in prayer!
Stacey
Colorado

Susanna said...

Oh Patti, she is SO adorable!

Elizabeth said...

First! I am so thrilled that Artem's account has grown so much! YES!!!!!

Thank you for all you've done to bring attention to him and to Reece's Rainbow.

Second, I usually read your blog on Google Reader, but tonight I'm actually on your site and noticed that you are a featured blogger for the Mommies Network! Thank you, thank you for your support!

I'm with Lake Norman Mommies!

Lizzard said...

I am so excited about Artem's growing adoption fund! And I donated somewhere around the beginning of the month. Thanks for putting this together! Liz

lovemy3 said...

Those pics of Lily are precious!! Yay!!!! I'm so happy at what has happened with Artem's fund. I pray his forever family comes forward soon!

CM said...

I donated to him earlier this month! So happy that his grant is getting this big...I know a family will be there for him soon!

L.A.C.E. said...

I haven't checked in a couple of days and was stoked to see Artem's fund!!! wahooooo!!!!!

Mrs. K said...

Just send Grammi the measurements for a cribsheet. I have so much time on my hands. ;>)