Tuesday, October 11, 2011

the untitled post

*I was so tired when I posted this last night that I never gave it a title. I woke up this morning and realized it...but after re-reading my completely random post here I can't come up with anything that fits. so there you have it.  the untitled post.

First of all, thank you so much for all the sweet comments on Lily's first steps on yesterday's
post...I have this little brainstorm to print them all up and put them in a book for her to read some day, just so she will know how many people have been cheering her on since she was born. I was especially touched by comments left by readers who've never commented before, but had been reading for awhile~ it just makes me so happy that Lily has a host of friends who love her and are praying for her!

Second...this is probably going to be my shortest post ever. Because the past two nights I have gotten maybe three hours sleep combined, and I am running on fumes...Lily has been so miserable that she tosses and turns and cries in her sleep, and I'm pretty sure she set a record for how many times she started and stopped nursing during the night. I lost count at 473. Just kidding. Sort of. SO because she is now snoring, I am going to keep this short, and go sleep while she does. And hopefully that is for longer than five minute intervals tonight!

Third, these pictures were taken last week before Lily came down with hand foot and mouth disease (and if your child has never had that one...be glad. be very glad.) The quality is a little poor, so I wasn't going to post them...but it was these or nothing. She was NOT in the mood for a photo shoot today, and besides that, she has a hideous sprinkling of red blisters across the bridge of her nose and underneath it. Poor girl is just not herself, and she spent most of the day crying pitifully in my arms while sipping pedialyte . Prayers are appreciated!






 Aunt Lily and her nephew, Jason and Naomi's (foster) Baby K. Isn't he a DOLL???



Lastly, please do not forget about our five dollar challenge for this little guy...


Artem now has $8,744 in his grant fund on Reece's Rainbow...our goal is to get that grant above $10,000 by the end of October, and I am beyond amazed that in 10 days (I'm posting this at midnight) readers here and on my friend Julia's blog have donated over $1,300 ! Your five dollars might not seem like much, but multiplied by hundreds of readers, you are making a difference for Artem. You can donate right here on the paypal box on Lily's sidebar, which is linked to his grant fund on Reece's Rainbow. And please spread the word that Artem needs a family!!


One last item: Lily's blog is being featured over on Four Blessings of Mine . Please stop by Deb's blog and tell her just how adorable her little dumpling Evan is!

And don't forget to pray that Lily feels better soon!

Happy Tuesday:)

21 comments:

Shannon said...

How did I miss yesterdays post!? Yay Lily, way to go little munchkin!!

Heidi Ehle said...

Oh poor Lily. I had a friend whose baby had that and it WAS a miserable experience for everyone involved. :( Poor poor Lils.
I hope that everyone gets some rest and that Miss Fantastic gets back to her sunshiny self soon.
Love from Liddy and I

Anna Theurer said...

Uck on the Hand-Foot-Mouth. Hope little Lilybird feels better soon.

Mrs. K said...

Love the picture of Lily and Jackson. He is a doll. Baby K is a cutie.

Shauna said...

Oooh Poor Lily! HFM is horrible! I've been told that most kids get it, but not all get the whole rash and everything...mine had it but didn't suffer a few years ago and they gave it to my mom. Let's just say she was really miserable! Praying for a quick recovery and that everybody else is already immune!

My Little Wonders said...

Oh HFM ... :( :( :( Our oldest had that right after he turned a year. Gave it to my husband and I, as well as my mother-in-law. (She was the most miserable; poor woman was just watching him to help us and ended up sick herself.) I pray she is back to her super-Lily-ness soon.

Candy said...

oh Lily! How dreadful to have hand foot and mouth virus!!!!! I caught it from my sweet grandbabies a couple of years ago and was sick for endless weeks with months of after effects :( . I hope you recover quickly. Please don't give it to mommy or daddy because adults get sicker than children. I am praying for the whole family.
P.S. Patti, there is a chance I will be coming to Oregon for a workshop sometime soon! Would love to try to see you if it actually happens.

Patti said...

I would love that, Candy! Let me know!

Deb said...

Many prayers for Lily! I also love the photo with Lily's nephew! So sweet.

Thank you to you and Lily for appearing on my blog today!

Runningmama said...

Oh, I hope little Lily feels better soon, we have never had hand, foot and mouth, but I hear it makes kiddos pretty uncomfortable. It's a good thing she has a great mama to take care of her :-)

lovemy3 said...

Hope Lily is feeling better soon!

Katrina said...

Baby K is adorable and Jason and Naomi will make such wonderful foster parents. I will be praying for them on their journey.

Katrina
Carlene's soon to be momma :)
www.operationorphannomore.blogspot.com

ch said...

Feel better, Lilypants! Jace has the same slide (in blue and red) and is petrified of it. My 32 pound wonder has to go down on his belly, because he's so afraid of injuring his delicate self. By the time he gets turned around his feet are literally already back on the carpet.

Lily...you shall serve as his inspiration. Well done, little bit.

Erin B said...

First, prayers for Lily because that sounds miserable and because I want to see some new pictures :)
Second, we need to get a move on for Mr. Artem. Almost half-way through the month now and still needing $1500. Prayers that the Lord will provide Artem with more money in his fund and a family to give him love!! I'll look between my couch cushins, I'm sure I can find another $5 or $10 for that sweet boy :)

cathy said...

That virus is LOUSY!!!
All the boys had it...

Hope she is on the mend, we are all praying for her, here ;)

These pictures are adorable, I love the way she looks!!

xoxo
cathy

Pam said...

Sweet little Lily...I hope you will be feeling better real soon! Sending prayers her way.

Mom of 12 said...

For some reason, my little ones have been very susceptible to that particular virus. It seems like we have it a couple of times every year. I feel for ya!
Sandy

cara said...

I am SO sorry about Lily!!! We ARE praying for her and will contine to. We have been praying for her today. These pictures are pricless!!!! Love to you all.

Becca said...

First of all...I just LOOOOOVE that little tummy!!!!! Omg, sooo adorable. Sammi has a little buddha belly, too. :-)

Ugh, hand-foot-mouth? Sammi had that when she was about Lily's age. It was not. pretty. Hope your beautiful little girlie feels better soon!

And how on earth did I miss yesterday's exciting post!!??!!?? Gotta go see those amazing steps for myself right now...

Just Trying Not to Blink .... said...

Get well soon, Lily! And let your mommy get some sleep ...

Lori said...

She is such a cutie!! What a chubba bubba!!