Friday, July 8, 2011

packin'

A little package arrived in the mail yesterday. As soon as I saw the return address I shamelessly ripped it open ...and faster than you can say Mod Mum Baby Slings, I had my adorable Lilybird tucked cozily into her equally adorable Delilah sling, just as the packaging was floating to the ground.


Photobucket


I seriously LOVE this sling. I'm going to sound like a commercial for Mod Mum in two seconds here, but I really am so excited about the quality and practicality of this sling. Lily is 18 months old and not standing independently yet... it may be awhile until she is walking, which means this mama is going to be carrying around a growing toddler in the months to come. Because of her low muscle tone, she has a hard time "grabbing on" with her body when she sits on my hip. My new sling holds her securely in place, and it is sooo comfortable!

Photobucket


Here's the description right from Mod Mum's site:


All organic baby sling in a soft cotton sateen. This beautiful and simple black and white organic cotton print feels luxurious to the touch. This baby sling is lined with a 100% organic cotton jersey that is extremely soft next to your baby's skin. With leg padding to keep your baby comfy when using the hip carry.

Sizes XXS - XXL are available. Please specify size at check out. See our sizing chart to determine the best size for you! Sizing for a sling is similar to your fitted t-shirt size.

So simple to use... there is no wrapping, strapping, buckles etc. It's simple, small, quick and convenient!

We make our sling with an ample sized pouch, giving you the ability to breast feed with coverage. The nice deep pocket and leg padding make it great as your child gets older and you are carrying them in the hip carry. The sling can be pulled all the way up your child’s back so they are extra secure. You will be able to use the same sling carrier from birth up until your child is 35 pounds!


Photobucket

Mod Mum is offering Lily's readers a $5 off discount on any baby sling by using the code FIVEOFF at checkout. There are so many cute prints and styles to choose from. I loved the Delilah because it goes with so much, but the Jane and the Maya are so sweet as well!

Check out Mod Mum, and if you purchase a sling, send me a pic of you packin' you're little one, and I'll post it on Lily's blog:)

The winner of Jack and Lily's Giveaway Wednesday is

Jenn said...
Love the stamp :) I love to scrapbook & stamp cards I think those are my two favorites. And painting furniture :)

Actually Race Bannon won the stamp, but I had a feeling he wouldn't have as much fun with it as Jenn, so I used random.org to draw a new winner. Race is our resident comedian in the comment section if you hadn't noticed, and I may or may not be related to him. He likes to mock me and my giveaways, but he's just jealous because I'm older. And cuter.

Photobucket


HAPPY FRIDAY!!

15 comments:

NikkiB said...

Very cute! Buuuut I got excited thinking "packin'" meant you were PACKING!!!....as in conference! Are ya, are ya??!! Hope to see you soon!

Race Bannon said...

Rigged! I knew it! I never win anything...except the "Best Looking Sibbling" contest!

Michelle Z said...

Awwww, how sweet that your brother won ;)

Love the sling! and it looks like Lily likes it, too!

Race Bannon said...

Sibling - I didn't win the spelling kontest eether...

Ashley said...

Love this post! That sling is adorable :)

Katrina said...

You and Lily look great in your sling. And thanks for posting a real picture of Race as he looks nothing like his cartoon picture :)

Christine said...

I LOVE those slings!!! Glad I stopped by today... I am going to buy our new sling asap! Thx :)

teal915 said...

I was just talking about how I need to get a better sling or carrier for Kamdyn.

Lori said...

Was Race home-skooled?

Carli723 said...

Lily looks pretty happy in that cute sling! I love it!!

Wren said...

Lily looks like she loves her new ride! Looks comfortable and so pretty!!! If Sutter weighed a little less I might get one...I have two friends getting ready to have babies though and I think they'll make perfect gifts!!! :)

Chromosomally Enhanced said...

love the sling...a back saver! still as Maddie wants to be more independent I will use the sling and she just slides right in! smiles

cathy said...

Congrats to the winner!

You & your brother are adorable---similar to the relationship that I have with my younger brother, as well ;)

Patti, Ms Lily is growing up...she looks older..& beautiful, much more beautiful than Race....

xoxo
cathy

nicole said...

Awww, you & Lily look so cute together with the sling. She's right where she's supposed to be ~ next to your heart. Have a great weekend!

Heidi said...

i have been looking for a good sling for jeremiah...can't wait to go check these out! thanks for the recommendation :)