Saturday, June 11, 2011

Welcome to the World

Dear Kareen,

I'm writing this letter to tell you how very loved you are..although right now, more than ever, you know that. Because today for the first time in your life, you have a family. Every day for the past few weeks we've watched the love that is so obvious in your mommy and daddy's eyes, reflected back in yours, and it is so obvious you are where you were meant to be.

I'll never forget the first day I saw your beautiful little face. Who could have known that in just 6 months you would no longer be an orphan without hope, because of the generosity and determination of so many people to find you a family. This day is such a celebration for all those people- Barb and Nicole and Cathy, Cara and Sasha and Jenn and Lori, Elissa and Adam and Julie and Grammi Faith...the list goes on, because there were countless hearts who were linked to give you a home for Christmas.

We waited with anxious hearts to see who would claim you...just a few short weeks afterwards, your mommy sent me an email asking if I knew if you had a family.



Hi-

Ok first of all, I have to say a BIG thank you to you for what you are doing for these girls, mostly because when I came to your blog and scrolled down to Kareen's picture, I felt overwhelmed and overcome with emotion when I saw her picture and I just felt like she might be mine! I had been looking at reeces' rainbow and had seen her but was also looking at a few other girls and couldn't figure out who was right. I had never planned on seriously considering any of this and something just pulled me to it over the last month. As I first started looking into this I wasn't "drawn" strongly to any child yet, until the day I saw Kareen's picture again on your blog......From that moment on, I haven't been able to stop thinking about her! And it actually terrified me! My husband and I have pondered and prayed and done lots of soul searching because we never anticipated doing something like this but for some reason, we just feel like she needs to be with our family! My youngest daughter has ds and is only one month younger than Kareen, so we will basically have twins! As of last night, and this morning, we are ready to commit to Kareen and are in the process of filling out the initial applications so we are just praying it all works out and mostly we are praying that she is still at the baby house and that they will allow her to stay there until we can get her. I really feel like all the prayers you were summoning found us, because we were not searching this out, it came to us! Then this morning as we were discussing finances, we started to get nervous and realize how much money we really have to come up with, and we don't know exactly how that is going to happen. Just when we had finished talking about it, I got on the computer to fill out some of the forms and saw your blog entry for today about how you are going to do more fundraising in feb. for these girls and their forever families and I just cried again! It was an answer to me that this is right and that the money will come!

So THANK YOU!

I will keep you posted and can't wait for when we can both make the announcement that Kareen's family has found her! Keep those prayers coming that it will all work out smoothly and in time for her to be saved from the institution. I don't want her to have to spend one day there! I really feel the prayers of strangers, or should I say "unknown friends" right now!


Kecia Cox



In the last few weeks we've watched you blossom from a shy little girl into a confident, happy, radiant daughter, and the transformation has been one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Your mommy and I have talked about meeting you the next time they come to Oregon...because they just happen to vacation here at the coast all the time. Coincidence? I don't think so. Every time I think about that day I want to cry, little Kareen. Because if someone would have told me last December that I would actually meet you some day- I don't know if I would have believed them.

Because this is the stuff that fairy tales are made of. Better than that, this is a story written by God. And there's no better feeling in life than knowing your tiny plans are woven into the big and wonderful and beautiful plans of the Lord, and that your life really does make a difference. I'm so blessed to have had a very small part in your rescue, Mia Kareen. I know hundreds of other people feel the same. We've all been cheering you on, and our hearts have been bursting with happiness watching your mommy and daddy rescue you.

Mia Kareen Cox....welcome to the world.



*pause the music player on the sidebar before playing.

22 comments:

cara said...

I had not seen this yet!! Oh Patti, I am in SO many tears, especially knowing how much Mia Kareen LOVES cars from Kecia's posts. Now she is riding in them with her mommy and daddy and on her way home!!! This just melts my heart SO much. God is SO good! I could watch this over and over again because there is nothing better than seeing an orphan set free. And this is one of those great things about modern technology- we can ALL watch these precious, precious moments.

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has annointed Me
To preach good tidings to the poor,
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim libery to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord , that He may be glorified." Isaiah 61:1-3

Thank you for ALL that you do for these orphans Patti- He has called you. Love to you.

Naomi Rice said...

Oh my that movie is a tear jerker...

nicole said...

Oh Patti ~ God bless you a million times over for being a most willing and loving instrument in His capable hands. Such a good reminder that we all need to do what he is calling us to. Without your tears, prayers, pleas and efforts who knows what would have become of sweet Mia. I vividly remember the suffering you were going through during this whole process . . . it was all very worth it to this one little soul who now knows the love of a Mommy and Daddy. I love your "Warrior Mama" heart and how you inspired all of us to help get that girl home! It makes me smile to know someday you will meet face to face with the little girl that you saw as the beautiful creation of God she always has been . . .

Blessings my friend!

Amy said...

Oh this made me cry. How lovely and wonderful. God truly is amazing.

NikkiB said...

I saw this on her blog first thing this a.m. and had to make Frank watch. What an outstanding video....music and video (those pigeons) couldn't have been any better! I've been "blog stalking" and finally had to leave a comment for her (Kecia). Such an awesome journey to watch unfold and what a Beautiful little girl! Loved it!!! Thanks again for taking us this ride with you!! :)

Team Lando said...

Thank you for sharing encouragement!

Danielle said...

ooooo the ending was perfect! with that song and zooming in on the birds flying. so so sweet.

teal915 said...

I saw someone else who posted this on FB, but I didn't realize it was Kareen. That is so amazing. It gives me chills. You don't need me to tell you, but you are doing such a great thing.

Pam said...

Oh Patti, when she took their hands and walked away from the orphanage, the tears streamed down my face! This is amazing!! Just awesome! God bless Mia Kareen and her new family, and you, too, for all that you do!

cathy said...

amen

xoxo
cathy

Rochelle said...

I want you to bookmark this post dear friend for whenever you have a tough day...you remember how God is using you to change the world! Love you and LOVE that Mia Kareen is FREE! Ransomed forever!!!

Laura said...

Wow! Perfect!

Annie @ The House That Jade Built said...

an orphan no more

this is just awesome! God works in such powerful ways!

kecia said...

Oh Patti-now it is my turn to cry and cry! What do I even say to you? There are no words! You were divinely weaved into Kareen's path and then into ours by God and we will be forever grateful for you and for ALL those who followed through you...I loved seeing the names of just some of those who were with you in the beginning fighting for this little girl to find a family. I now have 2 children from Kareen's orphanage who I am going to advocate for when I get home...I think their profiles are being put on RR because they sent some paperwork with us to give to the RR team here. Anyway you have shown me that if we can't save them all ourselves, we certainly can help find the families who can! Thank you dear friend for keeping that email and writing this letter because I will forever cherish it and I am going to print it for Miss Mia Kareen to read some day!
Once again, you have put thoughts into words so perfectly and elpquently! I agree will Rochelle about bookmarking it and rembering all the good one person can do, because you have done it! We all have done it...together! We have saved this little girl forever!
MUCH LOVE to you and your sweet family!
Kecia, Kris and Mia Kareen

Ellie said...

I have been following Mia's story and seriously every time the adoption process seems like too much and that the end result can't possibly be worth all of this fear, uncertainty, paperwork, judgement and attitude from others, having to explain and justify myself, and begging for money, all I have to do is visit the Cox's blog and look at the pictures of Mia finding her family to know that IT IS WORTH EVERYTHING!
www.moveanymountian.blogspot.com

babypelly said...

oh my god that video!! so many happy tears!!

The Abell Family said...

Oh my goodness... so many tears. Happy tears for little Mia and for Keica and tears of longing for Olga. Thank you so much for posting this Patti, it gives me hope and helps me remember why we keep pushing on through this adoption journey. The smile on her little face, you helped make that happen!! Thank you for all you do for the orphans, God is using you in BIG ways. Love you and sending you hugs.

Lori said...

I love stories with a good ending....I laughed, I cried....what an amazing story!!!!

nicole said...

Reece's Rainbow should really use this video somehow for publicity. Pictures are helpful, but videos are so powerful ~ especially this one!

Mrs. K said...

I am happy I do not have to talk right now as there is a tremendous lump in my throat. God is truly working wonders through your blog Patti. The Holy Spirit dwells within and is guiding you every step of the way.

Cam and Chaly said...

Patti-
I am Kecia's sister and just want to tell you again thank you from our family. I am overcome with tears as I read your sweet letter and know of the love you have for this sweet girl, without knowing who or how this would all work, but trusting in the Lord. Thanks to you, and many others, this miracle has taken place. Thank you again!
- Chaly

Joyce said...

Patti, I showed this touching video to Sean. We are both very happy for this precious little girl and her family! Sean has a special place in his heart for orphans as he spent the first 6 months of his life in a nursery ~ waiting for his 'forever family'.