Friday, July 1, 2011

Announcing...

Dear Friends,



Some of you may remember Lily's surprise birthday guests back in January. I had posted an open invitation here on the blog for her party, half jokingly asking anyone in town to come attend. I was completely and totally shocked the day of her party when the Quinns showed up at Pizza Hut (the party was switched to the next day and they knew we were out to pizza instead.) Why the shock? Because they had just driven over 17 hours to come see us, and we had never met them in person.



Photobucket

We met the Quinn family through blogging over a year ago- their beautiful daughter Laura is just a few months older than Lily and shares her designer genes. My daughter Mackenzie and their daughter Ashley are the same age, and they both started blogs about their baby sisters. They both love writing, photography, and their baby sisters, they both have a passion for orphans and Jesus...and as you can imagine, they're now best friends. Each of them have vowed that they will adopt from Reece's Rainbow when they get married some day, and they have both been advocating for orphans through their shared blog, To Love the Unloved for awhile now.



A few weeks ago we were let in on a little secret...although if you follow Ashley's comments here or on her FB wall, she has been dropping little hints all over the place that something is in the works for their family ;)



I am so excited today to be announcing our wonderful friends as the proud new forever family of this beautiful baby girl on Reece's Rainbow...




Photobucket
(don't you just love that giant grin???)

Baby Autumn (known as "Donna" on RR) is about to become one of the most blessed little girls on the planet. I can't think of a nicer, sweeter family for this little cutie- and I can't wait to meet her some day !!



I hope you will go congratulate her family here on her new mommy's blog




and also here on her big sissy's blog, as well as helping them on their path to adoption!





And just because Lily's Grammi will be wanting to know if her package arrived safely, here are a few photos to say it did...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
*don't forget to use code LILY15 at checkout for a 15% discount at Blue Monster Bows!



She's featured HERE

and HERE



Photobucket

Photobucket

More good news coming soon!!!

15 comments:

L.A.C.E. said...

Woohoo!!! That is just some fantabulous news!!! I'm so so so happy for Baby Autumn and her new forever family :D

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness! My heart is LEAPING with joy right now! Love you all <3 Thank you SO much for supporting us on this new, amazing journey!!!

Team Lando said...

Such a precious smile (on both girls!)

Worth the wait for the announcement!

cathy said...

WONDERFUL

xoxo
cathy

Mrs. K said...

Tears, tears, and more tears of joy. I fell in love with that big smile. Autumn is ADORABLE, LOVEABLE, SWEET, BEAUTIFUL. What more can I say...oh yes, Autumn is BLESSED to be going to such a WONDERFULLY LOVING FAMILY.

Lils is blessed as well to have such loving siblings. Noah, you are such a sweetheart.

Lori said...

How exciting!!! I am so excited for Ashley and her family!!! I also love Lily's toothy grin - soooo sweet!!!

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

how utterly brilliant! x

Erin B said...

What a great way to start the holiday weekend...with some awesome news from RR. So excited to follow their journey through their blog and help a little financially to bring Autumn home (and that's my Brooklynn's middle name :) Love It!

cara said...

This blesses my heart SO much!! I have really enjoyed all of Ashley's posts on FB and pictures. What a beautiful family they are. I know this precious baby girl will have a beautiful future. I LOVE seeing these children rescued!! Cannot wait to follow their journey.

Melissa said...

wooo hooo!! Love, love, love! We are headed back to Cali this fall to visit my brother before he deploys and I hope we get to visit with the Quinn's again!.

Mama Keene said...

Such amazing news! You have made my Friday even brighter with such great news and of course beautiful Lily pictures! I am excited to follow their journey!

Jonana said...

Praise the Lord that baby Autumn has a family!

nicole said...

Such great news ~ had to jump on RR and give a donation for little Autumn.

Lily looks so cute modeling those clips . . . her budding career maybe?

Ashley said...

Nicole- Thank you SO SO SO much! Your donation means so much to us <3

Leah said...

awesome!