Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Teething Troubles and a shout-out

Dearest Lily,

You have been a wreck all day, due to teething...we even had to cancel therapy because you did not want to do anything other than be held.

Even while I'm typing you are sucking your thumb furiously while burrowing into my neck. I thought I knew what teething troubles were all about after 9 kids before you, but you've decided to teach me a thing or two.

Meanwhile, I'm stuck with two random photos from this weekend to post, and a video from a few weeks ago. ...because this is what you looked like all day:

Photobucket

...and no amount of crackers or motrin was fixing it :(

random photo #1
you and Jonathan...

Photobucket

Random photo #2
you and Daddy
Photobucket

And a random video...a few weeks ago we all dropped what we were doing to watch you purposefully dig through a lego box in search of the perfect toy. This was the first time you have ever really sought something out, rather than just playing with what was in front of you. One small milestone for your siblings- yet one giant milestone for our Lilybird:)






Hoping you feel better tomorrow, sweet baby girl!

Love always,
Mama oxox

*******************

A little shout-out...
I recently found another blogging mama of ten with a heart for adoption here...


Photobucket

Courtney features many other good blogs on her "Blogs of Note" page..if you would like to be listed there, head on over to find out how to do so!

Also~ I would like to put together my own list of blogs I follow...if you would like to be included on that list, please let me know!

Thanks so much for all the hearty amens on yesterday's post..it means more to me than you could know:)

Love,
Patti

18 comments:

Amy said...

Poor thing! Teething is the worst! My son is about the same age, going through it to. Hang in there both of you!

nicole said...

Hope Lily has a better day today. Sometimes a wet washcloth appeased my kids for a while, but I'm sure you've tried about everything already.

The picture of her sitting with Daddy is adorable!

Jessica from Germany said...

Poor little darling! I hope she will have her teeth soon, so she feel better again. Breaks my heart seeing her suffering, but every child has to suffer this way.
The video made me smile, CUTE! Just like the pictures!
I was so glad to read how many people have the same opinion about the last days. Hallelujah. Let´s pray for the lost and show them with our lives, that it is just the best thing ever to be a Christian!
God bless you all
And dear little Lily try something cold that helps a little...
Kind regards
Jessica

Sarah said...

I wish we could drink coffee and hold our babies together, Patti!!! Tell Lily Molly gets her pain...Molly woke up this morning and could barely open her eyes she felt so crummy.

Jen said...

I totally hear ya with the whole teething issue. Cameran is going to be 2 next week and has only cut 2 teeth--both top molars--most of the others are ready to pop through, but in the meantime we are cranky, crabby, and generally fussy. You are welcome to add my blog. I don't update as regularly as I should, but maybe I will be encouraged to do so if I have more "eyes" on me...

Auntie Lori said...

She is soooo pretty!! I miss her!!

Anonymous said...

I never remember having too many teething issues until Benji either. He is usually so happy, so it breaks our hearts to see him like that. And it breaks my heart to see Lily like this. Still praying for comfort for her today. Love the video!!!! That is really wonderful to see her searching for what she knows she wants. Love, Cara

Wren said...

Poor baby girl! Landon just popped teeth out, Sutter lets me know loud and clear when he's getting a new tooth! Hope that tooth makes its way out fast and you both get a little relief! xoxo

Julia said...

http://kyfamilyforfaith.blogspot.com/

You should check out the blog above. The Maas family is a precious family from Lexington,KY. They have a passionate heart for adoption and have adopted many children, all with special needs. Please keep them in your prayers as they are in the process of another adoption!!

I hope sweet Lily gets to feeling better soon!!

You and your family are a great inspiration and encouragement to me and my family!!

Kelly Marin said...

Oh so sad, teething was never a fun experience for my kids either. Praying for you and her!

and of course you can put my blog on your list:)

Laurie said...

awwww, what a sad picture .... :(

my son with down syndrome struggled with teeth as well(many,many moons ago :) ), more than his siblings did. Wonder if it's because of smaller jaw/smaller eustation tubes/different angle of eustation tubes common with ds that causes more pain? My son, often ended up with ear infections when he was teething. :( good luck. prayers for comfort and patience

kecia said...

that picture of her is so sad!
i would love to be included in your list..

Candy said...

It is so sad to see Lily with tears in pain over those teeth! We would love to be included in your list of blogs :) (you know us!). Thank you again for sharing all with us-including the things you put on facebook. As always, praying for all of you (especially Lily).

Kellan's momma said...

Poor Lily :( We feel her (and your) pain! My 3 older kids cut teeth without a wimpr, but not Kellan, he hasn't slept through the night since he started teething in January, and only has 5 in so far! And no amount of motrin (or tylenol or teething tablets) does any good here either! Someone's got to have the magic cure!! Hang in there! And I would love to be included in your blog list!

Just Trying Not to Blink .... said...

Poor little Lily. She looks so sad! I hope she feels better soon.

Bulldogma said...

Poor Lily! Hope she feels better soon!
I would love to have my blog included on your list!
http://adasperdown.blogspot.com/

patsy said...

hope miss lily is feeling better...maggie rae has had her share of pitiful days with those teeth coming in. she is working on her 5th molar! also you know i would love to be included in your list :)

jane@flightplatformliving said...

ooo lily your face is sad! big hugs xxx