Sunday, March 20, 2011

Celebrating World Down Syndrome Day



World Down Syndrome Day takes place on 21 March every year. This date (21/3) represents the 3 copies of chromosome 21, which is unique to people with Down syndrome.

***********************************************

Dear Friends,

Today is a beautiful day for our family.

Photobucket


Today we celebrate the birth of our oldest son, Jason Christopher... named in honor of his Uncle Christopher, whose birthday he shares. Jason is 23 years old today, and I am so proud to be his mom.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Today we celebrate our tenth child, Lily Anne, and all others who share her extra chromosome.


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


In honor of World Down Syndrome day, I would like to ask you to join with me in praying for Carrington. Her story is HERE.

I would also like to ask you to pray for Kirill and the Davis family. Their story is HERE.

Lily's best friend Laura, and her big sister Ashley, are trying to help save a little girl named Constance HERE. There is is just one day left for their giveaway, please don't miss this chance to give to and pray for Constance.

And finally, the IDSC for Life put together this beautiful montage for World Down Syndrome Day...there's a special little girl included!
*pause the music on the mixpod player the sidebar before watching




Happy World Down Syndrome Day!!

14 comments:

nicole said...

Lilybird is cute as ever!

Janie Fox said...

Loved the video. Lily is such a beautiful baby. Happy Birthday to your son.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Jason!! I keep thinking these pictures cannot possibly get any cuter of Lily. And they do- they are just beautiful.

I checked out these blogs. I am praying for miracles from God and His favor upon all these situations. Thank you for posting Patti. Love, Cara

Anonymous said...

Hi Patti, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful blog with us. You have such a lovely family, god is good :) i just heard on the national news here (im irish) that the first ever modeling agency just for people with down syndrome was launched today in Dublin! Its called "Im able 2 model" straight away when i saw it i thought of your amazing little Lily and of gorgeous little Nella Hampton (i found your blog through Kelle's) well god knows there are not many a baby more beautiful then yer girls if this new agency see's them... Definate stars of the future :) take care and thanks again for your lovely writting xxx

Rochelle said...

Happy bday Jason and Happy WDSD to you all! Hope you have a great day. Praying for all those families and for sweet Constance's family to step forward.

Natalie Ross said...

Patti,
Thank you so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog. Your words truly encouraged me. And so does you life in general! You are an amazing Mom and you have such a beautiful family. You are an inspiration to me.
Thank you,
Natalie Ross

By the way, I love Lily's birdie shirt. It made me smile and think of Maddie. =)

Danielle said...

ooooo that pix of Jason, Naomi and Kaysea kills me! So very beautiful!

Lily bird we love you!! You bring joy to every life you touch! Happy YOU day!!

cathy said...

Happy Birthday to Jason & his mama, too
&
Happy World Down Syndrome Day!

one pic is better than the next
all beautifulxoxo

xoxo
cathy

Jane@flightplatformliving said...

i am speechless by the video, the links, the faces of the children, the kindness and cruelty of our world, my desire to open my home and my tears. xxx

Rebecca said...

Your children are so beautiful! The video is fantastic. I shared it at the school where I work. Thank you for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

Patti, would you believe that a friend of a friend is giving birth today (she was scheduled for a C-section later this week, but went into labor today)to her daughter with Down Syndrome? I'm stunned by the synchronicity. Happy birthday to your son.

Callie said...

I love her little onsie..so cute!

patsy said...

happy bday to jason and happy day to our girls! sending lily kisses from maggie rae :)

CKopp said...

Happy Birthday Jason!

...my parents flew out for World Down Syndrome Day, I must be their favorite child-who-doesn't-live-in-Arizona!