Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Lifetime Ago

Dearest Lily,

It is just past midnight, the first day of a new year. Everyone is sleeping, including you and Daddy across the room from me.

In two weeks you will be one. And it seems a lifetime ago that my midwife held you up in the air, and I saw your beautiful almond eyes and knew you had Down syndrome.

Photobucket

A lifetime ago, and yet in some ways it seems just yesterday...that you were tucked inside of me, waiting to show me who you were.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And now we know, dearest Lily...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

...that you are beautiful and perfect and wonderful.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket< ...sweet and gentle and lovely. Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


..capable of wrapping an entire family around your tiny bent little pinky...


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

..and the best gift we could have asked for.


Photobucket



Because of you, our eyes are opened to babies across the ocean, who are discarded simply because of the way God designed them...


Photobucket


Because of you, we are committing ourselves to lifting up our voices for these children, and doing all that we can to bring them home...

Photobucket


And it's not the year I thought it would be, sweet Lily. Not the plans I had for you and me.

Photobucket


It is so much better.

Photobucket

What a difference a year can make:)

Loving you always,

20 comments:

Katrina said...

What a beautiful post and blog. I just wanted you to know that you are making a difference. Hearts are being touched and people are listening. And the seed has been planted. And many families will come. And many orphans will be saved. And I thank you for this.

stephanie said...

AWW, i love the pics with all the kids. Your family is so beautiful! i love , love the first pic of you and Lily!

See if I photographed as nicely as you I would have pics of myself all over my blog!!

patsy said...

okay patti...starting off the new year in tears already! love the 'whole family wrapped around your tiny crooked pinky'...i know that's true because miss maggie certainly has us wrapped around her's also ;) hugs to you and miss lily and so glad to have found you both in 2010 and looking forward to all of the 'wonderfullness' in 2011!

Deanna said...

beautiful post. so glad to see lily back in the limelight. i missed her! (-: (although of course i loved all of the other posts as well) love the pics of you holding her...so sweet!

Rochelle said...

Beautiful post, Love all the pics with Lily and the family. Glad God put you in our lives too!

nicole said...

How did you look that good after having little Lils?!? What a cutie pie and obviously the star of your family.

Ashley said...

Sweet, precious, perfect Lily <3 Oh, how I love that girl. That picture of her sleeping on Josiah still makes my heart melt. Love you all <3

Jenny said...

Have to say, this post is my favorite so far for pictures!!! Each picture was beautiful! I cant believe Lily is turning one in TWO weeks!!! Its pretty cool that her and Sutter share the same birthday too :)

Anonymous said...

Tears, tears! Beautiful post Patti. I love all of these pictures of Lily and all of her family with her so full of love for her. She was the most precious, tiny newborn. Happy, happy New Year to you and your family. I pray for you all to have another blessed, blessed year in Him. Much love, Cara

Brandon said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR LILY!!! I love you!

Krista said...

She is beautiful! Happy New Year. May 2011 be filled with many many blessings.

Cathy said...

Happy New Year, Lily and Mommy!! Praying that this year holds just as many blessings for you. God bless!

babypelly said...

Love it.

Rachel Bretbunner said...

She is just so cute! Missed not seeing lily last night! Can't wait to see her in the morning!

cathy said...

Patti---so beautiful, one picture is better than the next....words, as well
love you

xoxo cathy

Scott said...

Just beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing.

Also, you liked my post on my blog about little Reagan... now Shauna has started her own blog about Reagan. reagans-story.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

Love the new look!! How can it be a year? That's just crazy. Seems like just yesterday. ooooo I love her so much!!

Lori said...

One whole year - I cannot believe it - I love you lily!

Cameo's Angels said...

What a great post to come home to and read before I lay my, oh so tired, head down. I loved seeing new pictures of Miss Lilly (maybe not new to everyone but new to me) and reading about how much of a blessing she has been. Thanks so much for sharing your precious family with us!!

Wren said...

Such sweet pictures! Can you believe our babies are going to be one in less than two weeks...I just can't seem to wrap my head around it! Where did the time go??? Can't wait to share Lily's and Sutter's special day in just 13 more days!!!