Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's Almost Morning

...and I am up praying..and blogging...and rejoicing..

It is 4:59 a.m. and I have been awake for hours, with this little one on my heart..


Photobucket
**(thank you, Lisa for editing Olga's photo...reminding me what "a little light can do!"

Because things are moving and I had a little email come to me last night...

...and I cannot give details, because it is too soon.

But if you are praying...

it's working.

It's almost morning here in Oregon. The sky is still black and my little ones are all sleeping.

And my heart is so heavy for Olga...because it is almost morning for her as well. Almost the start of a "new day."

She turns five this month. If you haven't been following my blog...this means that very soon she will be transferred to a mental institution. Leave the only home she's ever known- even if it is an orphanage with no Mommy and Daddy to tuck her in at night- and be sent to a place of unspeakable horrors.

Right now, things are moving in the right direction. Right now there is a family with Olga on their hearts. Right now, questions are being asked, inquiries made...and I can't say more, but I am shamelessly asking you to to pray like you've never prayed before for Olga and for her family and for God's will to be done here.

It's almost morning for Olga.

And what will that new day bring?

A home? Safety? Peace? A loving family to protect her and love her and cherish her, and show her the value that her little life truly is? A mama to kiss her and hold her and teach her all the little things a little girl should know...most of all love? A daddy to watch over her and care for her? Parents to hold her when she's hurting and pray for her and show her tenderness and give her everything a little girl deserves?

Of all the things that Olga is missing right now- the basic necessities of life that we so take for granted every day- the thing that breaks my heart the most- is the love of a family. I cannot imagine my Lily being raised in a place where the only "family" she knew was other discarded children, and people paid to take care of her.

As my husband and I were going to sleep last night, Lily was drifting off to sleep between us..she was nuzzled up against me, and my husband leaned over and kissed her cheek..and without turning around, she held her tiny arm up in the air behind her head, to touch his face. She does that every night- reaches out for her Daddy, even when she can't see him. She knows he's there.

It breaks my heart that Olga doesn't have that. Kareen doesn't have that.

It's almost morning for them.

And what will their new day bring?

Please pray- God is moving hearts.

Your prayers are being heard, and God is doing an awesome thing.

Please pray that the things that need to happen for Olga's family to claim her will move quickly.

If you're not familiar with the "process" of committing to a child at Reece's Rainbow, let me just say that it isn't simply a family stating their intention to adopt. A homestudy needs to take place, and other requirements met and paperwork submitted, etc. So if I am cryptic when I post updates on the girls, that is why. It is a process, not an instant event, and we need God involved in the process.

So I am once again, asking for prayer for this process...and that things go smoothly for whoever her family is...so that she can be rescued quickly.

Because it's almost morning.

18 comments:

fckopp said...

"Patti, go to bed." Sound familiar?? Honey, "Let go and let God." His will, will be done. Jesus, I trust in You!!!

Elissa said...

Ive been praying for these girls every single night, especially Olga. I know her time is quickly approaching, and I can only hope her family is out there getting the answers they need and want so that they can bring Olga home soon.

Patti said...

I wish I could go to bed, but my eyes won't let me!;)

I am pouring my heart out to God, trusting Him and praying at the same time..

Parable of the Persistent Widow

1 One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up. 2 “There was a judge in a certain city,” he said, “who neither feared God nor cared about people. 3 A widow of that city came to him repeatedly, saying, ‘Give me justice in this dispute with my enemy.’ 4 The judge ignored her for a while, but finally he said to himself, ‘I don’t fear God or care about people, 5 but this woman is driving me crazy. I’m going to see that she gets justice, because she is wearing me out with her constant requests!’”
6 Then the Lord said, “Learn a lesson from this unjust judge. 7 Even he rendered a just decision in the end. So don’t you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8 I tell you, he will grant justice to them quickly! But when the Son of Man returns, how many will he find on the earth who have faith?”

Scott said...

Patti, I am up praying with you... a thousand miles away. We will storm the gates of Heaven with our prayers for Olga, Kareen, and so many, many more. I fear for those you are afraid to enter the battle because it is just so big, but we CAN make a big change... one precious life at a time. And I pray that although you can't sleep, God will give you rest...

Jamie Wooddell said...

Sweet Patti. We have been in prayer for Olga since we first heard of her. And we even asked over and over if we were to be Olga's parents, but God clearly spoke to us and gave us peace that He has called her parents are they are responding to the call. We will continue to pray for Olga until she is home.
There are so many RR children our family is praying for. And we won't stop until they are moved to the Home Now page.
Have peace, and keep praying!

nicole said...

Praying and giving up sweets until these Sweeties are rescued.

CassieThompson said...

I love that parable. You have an amazing heart. I am so blessed to have you as a friend. I know because there are so many people contending for these two sweet babys God is going to show us a miracle.

Danielle said...

The parable of the unjust judge moves me so much. You are right Patti (although I think you do need sleep! (: ) "God can be moved to move for us" I think Pastor Mitchel said that once and used the story of God being moved by Moses' or Abrahams' requests (I can't remember which story he used.) And it's so very true. Praying with you for these sweet girls!

Shauna said...

Yes! I'll keep praying hard. And I'll put something up on my blog too. Course most people who read mine read yours too, but you never know :)

Anonymous said...

Fell asleep praying for Olga. Woke up praying for Olga. God will save this baby girl. He will save this baby girl. I am believing God. I am believing the power of prayer.

xo Julie

Looking Up said...

Sending prayers right now!

Rochelle said...

Now I know why I was awakened at 2 am and couldn't go back to sleep! YEAH God for hearing our prayers and bringing a family for Olga!
I will continue to pray that the paperwork flies through and this family has an easy process in getting her.
JOY!!!

Heather said...

Your sweet girl and your passion for Olga has just warmed my heart...oh my. I've learned to open my heart and let it break for the others around me. God bless you! :)

Oh, and I want a blue eyed cutie just like your Lils one day!

cathy said...

prayers & more prayers
xoxo

Adeye said...

Standing with you and trusting for a MIRACLE, friend. Surely someone will GO? I have to believe so.

God is good!

Anonymous said...

I Thessalonians 5:17 says, "Pray without ceasing." Continual prayer is a Bible command because it makes a person fruitful and durable and spiritually prosperous and maintains delight in and rejoicing in God and in His Word. If you want to be fruitful for people and not wither under the pressures of unruly, fainthearted, weak, and hurtful people, then you must pray always -without ceasing. Joining you, Patti, as a prayer warrior. I so appreciate your example and leadership!!!

katekopp said...

Praying!! I am currently reading "Choosing to See" by Mary Beth Chapman and I'm on the chapter about their adoption of Shaoey and their organization called "Show Hope". It is not a coincidence!! These girls are on my heart! Thank you Patti

abbi rice said...

Mom' you need to go to bed.....Trust me.......I know.
I sure hope you know......tehe. :)




P.S go beavers!