Saturday, January 22, 2011

Faithful Friends

Dearest Lilybird,

One of the things I have loved so much about writing my letters to you is the friends we have met along the way....who have come here to read and comment and share our journey together. Many times the people who comment have blogs themselves, and we've met so many other families of babies or children with Down syndrome this way.

Photobucket

One of our favorite blogging friends is a mama named Elissa and her beautiful baby Abbie . Yesterday a package came in the mail for your birthday~ Elissa made you a beautiful tutu and matching headband and onesie with a darling rhinestone ladybug.

Photobucket

I could not wait to try it on you, and all day I kept bugging your sissy to do a little photo shoot with you wearing your new outfit. (***your new header was designed by sissy as well!**)

Photobucket

Elissa is one of those creative, thoughtful, brilliant mamas who inspires me to be a better person. She also has a heart of gold.

Photobucket

She emailed me...at 3:30 this morning...and guess why I knew that? Because I was up nursing you and praying for Olga and Peter and Kareen. And Elissa was doing the same.

Photobucket

I love how connected we are, although we've never met in person. And I know that when these children are safely home with their families some day..it will be in great part thanks to Elissa...and Stephanie...and Libby...and Lori...and Tekeal...and Lisa...and Barbara ..and a host of other blogging (or non-blogging!) mamas who have been praying and contending and believing for them day after day.

Photobucket


So thankful for our friends, and so thankful for you,
Mama oxox

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the outfit, love the pictures, love the blog. Your Lily is just too cute for words!

xo Julie

ps, STILL praying day in and day out for all the babies on RR. I even signed up to be a NY Warrior for Simon. :)

Elissa said...

I've got so much to say about your post, but I'm typing on my phone. For now I'll just say how darling Lily looks even though the outfit is a little (a lot) big. More later :-)

Ashley said...

That picture of Lily in the header has to be my favorite picture of her ever! <3 I love her!

Anna Theurer said...

Beautiful pictures! Lily looks just darling in her ladybug outfit. Elissa is very talented. Still keeping all of the dear kiddos on Reece's Rainbow in my prayers.

patsy said...

oh my goodness...that new header pic! too too too cute!!! still praying for all these little angels...and thanks so much patti for blogging about krinner creations in november, come on over and look at miss maggie and her man in the 2 hats i ordered :)

Sydney said...

Love the new header! I seriously check your blog 10 time a day! Lily looks more than adorable in her new outfit! I am praying for Olga and Peter and all the other Reece's Rainbow babies everyday! :)

Cameo's Angels said...

Oh my goodness! Could she get any cuter!!?? I just love babies in tutu's. Such talent and such a cute baby to model. Thanks for reminding us to continue to pray...even though I don't think any of us really go a minute without them on our thoughts.

Elissa said...

Patti, you are WAY too kind to me. It is YOU who has completely inspired me. I never could have imagined my life changing so much as it has in the last 8 months, and without your blog and your friendship, I do not think I would be where I am personally right now. Your selflessness and faithfulness are amazing. Thank you for your sweet words and your sweet Lily!

cathy said...

Lily looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

your words are equally beautiful!!!

xoxo
cathy

stephanie said...

What a beautiful outfit! The connections made out here in blogland are some of the best I've ever had. some of my dearest friends, I've yet to see in person. it is really amazing when you think about it.

kecia said...

Once again, I come to your blog feeling like I need a little pick me up and encouragement, and I get just what I needed! You and Elissa, and all these other praying moms, are angels to our family right now, and to all those kids yu are praying for. I am grateful that you are willing to continue to pray for Kareen until she is home safe with us whe she belongs! Thank you to all of you!

And that picture on the header.....and all of them for that matter......is ADORABLE!

Rachel said...

What a beautiful Lilybird:)

Up late, praying for those babies in Eastern Europe too:)

EN said...

Love, love, LOVE the outfit, Lily! You're stylin' girlfriend!

Lori said...

Sooooo pretty!!!!

skiingthroughlife said...

She is perfect! Gosh I adore these new pictures! Elissa is so kind and sweet! Hugs to you Lily! xoxo

Allison said...

Kenzie did a great job with those pictures! They are ADORABLE and I love all of Lily's different expressions that she captured!

Rochelle said...

Adorable! Love the new header picture!

Erin said...

Love these, she's a doll!

katekopp said...

Oh, I just noticed the music! I listened to Sarah MacLachlan through every labor!! Thank you for the memory!!

Melissa said...

Patti I absolutely adore that last picture! :)

Ilisa Ailts said...

Seriously gorgeous pictures in these past few posts!! Love the little sleepy thumb sucker!! I want to hug her!

Ginger said...

Oh my gravy!! That is the cutest outfit ever! She's so precious in it! And you definitely picked the best pic for the header. I love it!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these pictures of Lily- just beautiful. And I love her new outfit- it is adorable. Love, Cara

Melissa M said...

That outfit (and Lily too, of course!) is adorable!!