Monday, January 17, 2011

Lily's Other Mama

Dear Friends,

If you have never had a chance to read my daughter Mackenzie's blog about Lily...you are really missing out. She wrote the most beautiful post about Lily for her birthday, and all I can say is I am so proud of my girl it hurts.


Photobucket

Kenzie is 18 and about the prettiest girl on the planet... she loves God with all her heart, and she is one of the biggest blessings in my life.
Photobucket


She is the photographer behind all the beautiful pictures of Lily on this blog, and she doesn't even charge me a dime! Well, usually ;) She was also the very first person to see and hold Lily, as she delivered her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

She knew even before I did that Lily had Down syndrome. Although I think she initially grieved harder than any of us, she loved Lily fiercely and protectively, and sometimes I wonder if Lily thinks she has two mamas- her sister and me.

Photobucket

I hope you take the time to go read her special birthday post for Lily... and that it blesses your heart like it did mine.

Photobucket


I also want to thank you for all of your emails and kind words and prayers and blogging on behalf of Olga. I know with so much love out there, that her family has to be right around the corner.

Love,
Patti

P.S. Birthday pics coming soon!

14 comments:

cathy said...

Indeed, beautiful post that Kenzie has written---
As she is a beautiful young woman.

xoxo
cathy

stephanie said...

amazing young woman!

You guys look like sisters!!!

nicole said...

It's so important to have a great role model in a big sister. What a blessing.

Sarah said...

So sweet! It made me cry. I hope that my girls love each other like that, but I bet you are right that Lily thinks of MacKenzie more like a Mom. What a beautiful family you are creating, Patti.

Lori said...

She is sooo beautiful inside and out - my kids and I miss having her here!!

kecia said...

So sweet! What a beautiful girl she is, inside and out!

Anonymous said...

You are truly blessed with a beautiful daughter!! I am going to read her post right now. You can see the Lord's love shining through her. We have been seeking God a LONG time this morning about Olga! Love, Cara

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just read her post! She is definitely her mama's daughter. I am in tears! What a beautiful post. The love she has for her sister is just perfect. Lily was put in the most amazing family. I could not figure out how to comment on her post. But now I have another wonderful blog to read. Thank you all for sharing Lily and your lives with so many because He is using you to change people all over. Much love to you all, Cara

Kelly said...

Such an amazing big sister and beautiful young woman!! So very proud of your Kenzie:)

Ginger said...

She delivered Lily? I know you can do that in homebirths, but in the hospital?! My husband delivered our first, and I delivered our 3rd, but those were both at home w/ a midwife. I had no idea you could do that in a hospital. Definitely not the ones around here!
She is beautiful! She looks like you!

Patti said...

Ginger- yes, she did:) We have midwives at our hospital, and they are the ones who suggested it! My husband delivered our 9th baby, Jackson, and Mackenzie assisted him. This time she did it all by herself! She's a pro;)

Ashley said...

I will head over to read the post right now :) Mackenzie is an amazing person! And a great big sister <3 I miss you all! Love you bunches!

Kellan's momma said...

my 17 year old daughter is so much like your Kenzie! I tell people she is Kellan other mother too! She is always right there for him, no matter what! It's amazing to have such a great daughter, and the rest of them too!!

Race Bannon said...

OMG! My daughter is just like Kenzie too! She drools, screams, is mooody, and neither of them know where Pittsburgh is!

Just kiddin...I know you know where Pittsburgh is. Now.