Friday, January 14, 2011

Announcing...

Kareen's new family... and just in time for her birthday, which is tomorrow! !!!

Photobucket


Kris and Kecia Cox have been married for 11 years and have 3 beautiful daughters. Kyra 8, Adrie 6, and Bree almost 4. "Bree was born with down syndrome and has forever changed our lives for the better. We never thought we would adopt but when it is right, it is right and we have felt it with Kareen. Bree opened our eyes to the beauty of these angels, and our other two girls have shown us that we can share this love with another child who needs it. Bree and Kareen are only a month apart and we can't wait to get Kareen home with her forever family! Please help us do that !"

Photobucket

Kecia and Kris and their three beautiful girls are sooo excited to share their journey with you- all of the wonderful people who have been praying so hard and so long for Kareen. Please go visit the Cox family them and tell them how very loved they are!!!

And please don't miss Lily's birthday gift to you in the post below- it is pretty special!

I'm looking forward to announcing Miss Olga's family as well..some details are keeping that on hold, but keep checking back here for the exciting news! I have some prayer requests as well...please be praying for favor for her family with the judge in her region..we need him to be favorable to a large family... :)

A huge THANK YOU to each and every one of you who prayed for a family for Kareen- you helped make this dream come true for her through your prayers and donations...

And the King will say, 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me! Matthew 25:40

22 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday, Kareen!!! Love and prayers for the Cox family as they make their way to their new little girl :)!!!

Katy said...

My dear friend, you have GOT to stop making me cry every time I read your blog! ;-) Just kidding. If it's news like this, by all means keep it up!

Lori said...

How exciting - praying hard for a smooth adoption and transition!! Yeah!! Happy Birthday Kareen!!

fckopp said...

Each time I open your blog and read the good news I start crying...I didn't know one person could produce so many tears. God Bless the Cox family...He already has I guess.

I will be praying hard, realy hard for little Miss Olga. Every morning I come to my PC I look at her 8 1/2 x 11 black and white copy of her photo and pray for her before I even open my email.

Please God this is torture. Please make the judge see that a large family is better than no family.

fckopp said...

Just read the Cox family blog. I can hardly wait to read the next and the next and the next. Left a comment too. If you really are going to meet with Kareen's new family let me know so I can send a welcome gift. Love you. you miracle worker. Ahh, Lily you are truely one of God's inspirations.

Shauna said...

Yay! Praise God for Kareen and praying for Olga.

sunnylattegma said...

Kareen looks just like her new mommy! How cool is that? This family is going to be so blessed so have Kareen.

Many prayers still being prayed for Olga! Big families just mean that much more love, stories being read, games being played.

Emily said...

This is such exciting news! Kecia and her family are amazing, I know them (we live near by)! Kareen will have such a great life with 3 sisters.

Rochelle said...

Happy birthday sweet Kareen! So excited for you to be with your family, won't you fit in beautifully!

Virginia (Jenny) said...

Wow, exciting!!

nicole said...

Kecia, Kris & Kareen - Kool!!

Anonymous said...

God is good!! We are sooo happy!

Ginger said...

Oh my goodness, I'm beside myself w/ excitement! PRAISE THE LORD! Glory to Him for saving this precious child of His.

Our Little Fam said...

Such a sweet post! I am Kecia's sister, and have been following her with this decision, we have both been trying to bring new little ones into our homes for a few years. I am now pregnant, and we are so excited to bring two cousins into our family, probably about the same time. Thank you for all you have done for sweet Kareen!
And your lily is darling!

stephanie said...

OMGoodness, they are a beautiful family, and seriously Kareen looks just like them! And her name fits too. God is so awesome!
I'm so happy to be able to witness this.

God bless them!

cathy said...

OH Patti!!
Happy, happy tears....look at what your Lily has inspired to happen.
This is too special for words

Please let us know when & if you go, as your mom said, so we can send a little welcome gift.

xoxo
cathy

check your email from last night

katekopp said...

Oh, how sweet!!! What a beautiful family! I will keep praying for them and for Olga! Thank you again Patti (I pray for you too - Thank God for you)!

Anonymous said...

What a precious family!! We will be praying for this journey. I am so thankful that Kareen is being rescued. Love, Cara

Kris said...

Patti - There aren't words to explain how much we appreciate the time and effort you have spent on behalf of our new little angel. We are so excited that our little Kareen already has so many people that love her and pray for her daily.

One thing that we pray for daily for our little Bree is that God will place friends in her life that will watch out for her and see the good that she has to offer. To see that our prayers are already being answered for our little Kareen through you and your great friends and family is a witness of the love God has for all his children!

We are so excited to begin this new chapter in our life to bring home our little girl. We look forward to sharing our journey with good friends like you, and also look forward to a future reunion where Kareen can meet her 'Warriors.'

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!

- Kris Cox

Melissa M said...

I'm so excited to follow along on Kareen's journey home!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy, and so not surprised! God is GOOD! And what a beautiful family He found for Kareen!!! Happy Birthday, dear sweet child, may your next birthday celebration be with your new FOREVER family! Three sisters, now that's a priceless and perfect present!

xo Julie

Elissa said...

Happy Birthday Kareen! What a beautiful family you will celebrate your next birthday with! I cannot wait to see what God has in store for you and them sweet girl. Hang on! They are coming for you!